Team Corally Signs Chris Tosolini

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally Signs Chris Tosolini

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

good luck with the new ride and all that tosso!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

CHRIS.

Can you keep us updated with progress pn the new car .

We have used Corally motors and cells exclusively for many years and my son Josh has now had 6 National titles using Corally bits.

I know Constant would love to see Josh drive a Corally and I am sure he would do just as well with it, but business politics dictates that we shouldn't.

Constant has been extremely good and supportive to us throughout the years, from the Worlds in 98 when Josh was just an also ran. He gave us just as much attention as he did his own works drivers, and I will always remember that.

We do of course run Corally F1 and Pro 10 cars.

I'm presently waiting for a new stock of his latest motors and cells for us to use in the coming season.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sleighty
good luck with the new ride and all that tosso!
hey whats up Team Extreme!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by johnbull
CHRIS.

Can you keep us updated with progress pn the new car .

We have used Corally motors and cells exclusively for many years and my son Josh has now had 6 National titles using Corally bits.

I know Constant would love to see Josh drive a Corally and I am sure he would do just as well with it, but business politics dictates that we shouldn't.

Constant has been extremely good and supportive to us throughout the years, from the Worlds in 98 when Josh was just an also ran. He gave us just as much attention as he did his own works drivers, and I will always remember that.

We do of course run Corally F1 and Pro 10 cars.

I'm presently waiting for a new stock of his latest motors and cells for us to use in the coming season.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
hey Joe will do don't no much now but when I get some more testing done I will let you know.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Chris, could you please help me:

Which is best to use on the Corally car:

2 DEGREE UPRIGHTS FOR ASSASSIN or the standards toe-in spacers??

Is there any difference in the handling of the car??

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, I just read all the way back through this thread, somewhere along the way, it became a crime to have an opinion. Thats too bad, especially since thats 90% of what you find on the boards, just opinions...

I love Corally, I owned a C4 and a C4.1. They were both great. Fast and built like tanks. But they lost me with the Assassin. $400 for a car that originally had front one-way problems and rear diff allignment problems? Thats unacceptable. And what happened to the more affoardable version they spoke of when the Assassin first launched?

I personally don't agree with people who label any car "bad". I think all the top level TC are capable of winning in anyone's hands. But that leads to the main problem with the Assassin. I just haven't seen what their $400 car can do that a $270 car can't.

The Assassin looks like an amazing machine. But like Kyosho with its KX-1, no matter how good your car is, if you price it crazy, your not gonna sell too many of them.

Corally mentioned, in their response to an email I sent, that they are working on a new car, which I assume is what Tosolini is working with, so I hope they have success on the track with it.

But I also hope they give themselves a good chance at financial success with it by pricing it competitively.

Just my thoughts.....feel free to comince with the flaming if you wish...

-Darkseid...former and perhapes future Corally onwer...
Old 07-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Darkseid

I hear what you are saying about pricing, it's not really an issue with me as NO car I drive is ever going to win. I have an Assassin because if I can't win, I can have something I enjoy and is a little different.

Corally I am sure are still working on cheaper options. The moulded arms have recently become available, approx 1/3rd the price of the the machined delrin arms, and I'm sure there will be more economys. They also have a special offer on the 5+1 chassis at the moment.

I don't have a problem with different opinions, I guess I get dissappointed with ill informed comment from people who probably have only second or more hand views based on ill defined rumours. But hey, this is an internet discussion and we all know to filter carefully any and all information on the net.

Cheers
Peter
Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pedro 51
Darkseid

I hear what you are saying about pricing, it's not really an issue with me
Darkseid....

THERES THE FREAKING REASON!

Most of the people here are either A) Rich or B) Have someone else paying their way...And in the process they raise the price of everything cause they don't care!

Kinda funny when that pisses of one guy who can raise the rucuss of ten.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Settle down.

I think this is the bit I don't get!

I see posts comparing the Assassin price to other cars, you therefore must still have the choice to buy a cheaper car, if price is the deciding factor, nobody forces you to buy anything - unless it is clearly the top car, by a large margin, even with my rose tinted glasses I would not try to argue that one.

I see posts saying the Assassin is a heap of shit!! Why therefore do they feel the need to bag the car. If it is so bad it will still be bad if it costs $10. If you don't like it, don't buy it - end of story.

In many cases cheaper kits are cheaper because, if you want to race seriously, you have to add on hop up parts x, y and z to be competitive. The box price is not the final price in these cases.

Unfortunately my arguement that the Assassin is a race ready car was a little undermined in the case as the early kits. They had some issues! Front one way, 0 degree castor blocks, arms that needed to be a little stronger for my track - now strengthened. My kit had no fitting problems what so ever, guess I struck it lucky. It did however come with tires that I could actually use for racing, lots of neat alum. bits, drives really nicely, has both acceleration and top speed to match anyone I race agaist (stock class).

I'm really pleased with it, would I like it to have been cheaper, you bet.

Keep cool
Peter
Old 07-27-2004, 03:11 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Unfortunately for a smaller (relatively speaking) company like a Corally, a Schumacher, and the like, the kits will end up being more expensive just as a fact of business. I would wager (and I don't know this for sure, so this is just my opinion and doesn't reflect any actual facts) that Corally does not make much more on a kit than, say, a Losi or an Associated. Whenever you manufacture things in smaller quantities, you pay more per unit, and it is quite likely that it costs Corally considerably more to assemble an Assassin kit than it costs Associated to assemble a TC3 kit.

So from the manufacturer's perspective, it becomes a function of "what do I have to charge for this kit in order to make enough on each one to stay in business." I don't think there is an accountant sitting at Corally somewhere laughing about how they are making all this extra money on each car just because people are willing to pay it.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

so why ALL cars are much cheaper than any tamiya car (competition level of course)????
Old 07-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

A lot of factors contribute to pricing. Of course larger volume will decrease the overall cost. But, that's not where it stops. Some companies choose to price high to escalate perceived value and absorb some of the production costs. Others bring down the high costs shrinking their profit in order to make a loss leader; the ladder is meant for image and brand building, not necessarily profit making. Let's face it, most RTR cars pay the bills, not the high end race kits. It comes down to marketing approach in a lot of cases. So, my point is, I don't know the reason for fluctuation between a Tamiya, AE, and Corally, but am offering some possible reasons.

...I forgot where I was going with this.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by edseb
A lot of factors contribute to pricing. Of course larger volume will decrease the overall cost. But, that's not where it stops. Some companies choose to price high to escalate perceived value and absorb some of the production costs. Others bring down the high costs shrinking their profit in order to make a loss leader; the ladder is meant for image and brand building, not necessarily profit making. Let's face it, most RTR cars pay the bills, not the high end race kits. It comes down to marketing approach in a lot of cases. So, my point is, I don't know the reason for fluctuation between a Tamiya, AE, and Corally, but am offering some possible reasons.

...I forgot where I was going with this.
are you ok?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by benoitrdv
Chris, could you please help me:

Which is best to use on the Corally car:

2 DEGREE UPRIGHTS FOR ASSASSIN or the standards toe-in spacers??

Is there any difference in the handling of the car??

Thanks a lot!
Hey I think 4% has alittle more steering in the middle but the 2% is alittle flater and quicker left to right.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

whats up TOSSO and how you doing!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.