R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #121
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk View Post
Funny, Gil Losi singled out the Kawada SV-10 besides the TC3 as cars that were good at the time the XXXS was being developed. I heard him say this at a warm up event before Cleveland like 10 years ago.
That may have even been said at a track in Grand Rapids, MI. I remember seeing the XXXS run in pre-production form then, with Gil present at that warm up race.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #122
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=YR4Dude;8048994]The MRP Pro-10 wasn't the greatest in application but it was the impetus that started the whole 1/10th pan car scene. Just like the TA-01 wasn't the best TC it started the TC scene as well.

Yes that car blows but the follow-up single belt car, the Sigma and Sigma 2 was way better.

i did mention the sv-10 alcyon2 in an earlier post, in fact i am still driving that car. i beleive the alcyon2 was far better than the sigma handling and balance wise, there were a lot of complaints about the weight distribution of the sigma, which gave the car a lot more steering, even more than the alcyon2. the local kawada importer in malaysia who actually went there confirmed this with the kawada sponsored drivers, they said if they werent sponsored they would rather drive the alcyon2 EX, cause of the balance and handling. of course the sigmas drive train was more efficient. i tried my alcyon2 on a high traction track with double one ways today, with the saddle pack and i blew past the sakura zeros with spools in the corners, and the chassis has no flex, driven on tarmac !
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #123
Tech Adept
Questions?? opinion

can i get an opinion on my hpi rs4 rally? mid nineties model. im looking towards new esc so if you have suggestions for a good, relatively cheap esc for basic brushed thrashing. ill need a esc that can take alot of work without overheating... posibly with fan/heat sinc.

pm ur opinion or post on this thread =)
DEIGIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #124
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
That may have even been said at a track in Grand Rapids, MI. I remember seeing the XXXS run in pre-production form then, with Gil present at that warm up race.
That was the place
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #125
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kyosho TF2 Spyder - I still have it in pristine condition and doesn't matter where I race it, it does exactly what you want and handles like a dream. 2speed was possibly the worst thing about it. Life expectancy of the 1 way bearing = 1-2 races. Replacement cost of the 1 way hub, $150.. But fortunately, it was optional.

Tamiya Dirt Thrasher - While initially ok. The design of the car would have the gear box lids (they were only really lids sitting on a pre-molded gear box) would lift up under under pressure as the gears valiantly tried to escape.
And sometimes they actually would escape.. creating a spectacular scene of gears/shafts and bearings flying out of the car while it was at speed. Fortunately, it was not expensive to fix and after a while, drilling holes through the chassis and bolting the lids on proved to extend it's lifespan (not indefinitely though)

Last edited by badmotor; 10-11-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: tuna?
badmotor is offline   Reply With Quote