Is The XXXS better Than the XRay T-1???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is The XXXS better Than the XRay T-1???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Is The XXXS better Than the XRay T-1???

This question is starting to pop up a lot. I'm looking for the word from you guys. If you own either one or both, let me know what you think! I'm looking to buy a road car and It's between the two. Say whatcha know!!

Last edited by Cable; 04-04-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

It depends alot on setup. I'm sure either car with a good setup can be really fast. From what I've heard, the geometry on the Xray isn't quite as good as other cars, but that's just pure speculation.

I don't have either, but I can tell you that the Xray comes with alot more in the hopups dept. than the Losi, which has pretty much nothing.

Speedo
Old 04-04-2002, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Q? for Speedo

Speedo-
Can I ask what set-up do you run?
Old 04-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Q? for Speedo

By "set-up" I meant car and hop-ups(I realize you just said that you did't own either one of the cars).
Old 04-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

u dont need any hopups on the XXX-s... i race mine stock standard and still beat the X-rays...instead of buying hopups just practice ur driving skills
Old 04-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

I own a Yokomo, special. The only hopups I've added that didn't come with the kit are shiny MIP front drive shafts and a custom top deck I made ( you don't need this )

With the kit I got threaded shocks, aluminum driveshafts, aluminum motor plate, battery strap and mounts, front and center one-ways, graphite chassis and more. I think it is a good car, but either of the cars you mentioned are also very competitive.

Speedo
Old 04-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by dynolab
u dont need any hopups on the XXX-s... i race mine stock standard and still beat the X-rays...instead of buying hopups just practice ur driving skills
Yea, you are correct that it doesn't NEED any of the hop ups, but some hop ups are for convenience- like the threaded shocks. Who wants to jack with the spacers when trying to set up the tweak??? Also, from what I understand, if you buy the XXX-S, you pretty much have to replace the shock bodies anyway to get the correct ride height and droop.

You can't just say "I beat this car or that car so mine is better" because there might be someone that shows up and spanks you with a TAO3 or something. Are you then going to advise people to buy the TAO3 because it must be better? No, you're going to attibute the win to the driver. All that to say this: Keep things in perspective when giving advice. I for one, could do just as well without all the hopups that come with the Special, but I like the hop ups.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

They're all good, just get what you like.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Method to my madness

My question was directed more toward things like tunability, availabilty of parts, quality, construction, value.
I undrestand that the cars will never drive themselves. I just want to invest wisely and have a good time tunning/ driving my car.
Thanks for the input guys!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Well, the T1 has plenty of setup options...I would look at a car that comes with a decent ammount of goodies, eg. Mission, T1, Special, C4.1 etc. Personally I would rather buy a car with than without.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

both cars are very good.....the losi is better for beginners cuz it is easier to work on and to setup.....the xray is a great car and comes with everything you need.....the Losi car needs a couple hop ups.....

also, if you run on asphalt, the losi car is probably better because of the molded chassis and inclosed belt....

so if you are an expert, you can go just as fast with either....but if you are a beginner, go with the xxxs....
Old 04-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

get the kit that your lhs supports, or one where you can easily get parts
Old 04-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have (or had) both and I kept my Losi and sold my Xray. Both are good cars and both can win, Driving and setup are more important than the car. Run what you like and can get parts for. I had a hard time getting XRay parts but your area might suport Xray better.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Xray "Pluses" (?)
- More "adjustable"
- One of the best, IMO, cars out of the box. The machined parts are really appealing! Just as good as a 414M :P
- Centre One way is very interesting design, can be run as locked centre, as a free centre one way or semi slip (ala Pro2)

Xray Minus
- Needs integy/hudy setup tools -> Pivot ball suspension.
- Due to insane amount of setup options, can be quite shocking to newer players.
- "Supposedly" difficult to setup
- Personal dislike: I do not like the rear camber link position - I'd buy the rear roll centre bridge hop up to get something closer to what I run on my ta04. And my ta04 has at least 10 rear roll center options

This Xray is one of the cars I occasionally get to battle with at the track.

XXXS - I've only run against one of them in my track. It wasn't dialed (and on foams) so I can't say much. Had some discussions about it lacking a centre one way as a tuning option, but that's about it. I found the car quite appealing visually, some others hated it :P Does the XXXS, like the Axis 2, run a custom spur?

Recommendation: I'd choose what the LHS stocks best, as marvi says, anything breaks can get the car up to speed fast.

Personal choice: Between these 2 I'd choose the Xray. But gimme a 414M anytime
Old 04-05-2002, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am currently running a xxxs and after some time liking it a lot better for the most part run on foam tires. have not had the x-ray but looks like a nice car. as everyone has said look at what the hobby store has parts for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.