Wiki Posts
Search

storage

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default storage

I just got a shed,,was wondering if making it my r/c room would be a bad idea...as it gets hot during the day...
would the heat damage my equipment (power supply, charger and cars)..would keep the batteries inside? Prob sounds dumb..but just want to see what yall have to say..thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

heat will definately hurt your sensitve electronics. one time i left my stuff in the trunk of my car on a hot day. my chargers stutterd a bit until i cooled it down.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

it's not a bad idea. just get some reflective material or insulation to block any sunlight that may beam on the shed. i imagine it gets hot in the summer. maybe a good fan is the trick or a ventilation system. you'll come up with something.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

as long as it's ventilated somehow you'll be fine. Speaking of heat and such, one time I left my mr4tc (the plastic version) in the back of my hatchback right under the rear window until the next morning after a night race. All four of my arms were melted so that the chassis was sitting flat on the ground LOL
Old 06-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

damn, it must have gotten pretty hot.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

whenever i store my car, i always put a light-colored rag ontop of it. started doing that since my hpi sprint was left in the car and the batteries exploded and the belts melted down to the nylon strips inside. cost me a fortune to replace the battery, belts and motor(rubber melted and got inside the motor vents), not to mention a new floor mat in my volvo.