Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rubber Tire Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just scored about a dozen or more sets of the pit shimizu tires, marketed under the title "Grand Prix" (I am assuming the distribitor packaging).

I got all kinds of compounds and sizes. Can someone straighten me on the compounds that they use? (seem similar to sorex naming)

sorry for the thread jack
Old 06-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

are you sure they pits? pits say"shimizo" on the tire.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Sorex fan-boy......

I personally don't like Sorex cause they charge too much for their tires & the lifespan isn't as good as the Take-Offs. I have heard on VHT Sorexs work better (figures...expensive traction, expensive tire) but I race on soda so Take-Offs work for me.

Tip: when people are using their Sorex 28s & 32 stick with the CS-27 but when they switch up to 36's go with the CS-32

Hey Kitty Cat.......lol

Again you are shooting your mouth without experience. You never even tried Sorex tires. I have tried both and find sorex far superior to anything in the 4 different tracks I have raced on. And they last longer for me too.

Besides, cost was not being questioned. What was being asked was what worked better. You seem to give a lot of advice and you always shoot from the hip despite your being relatively inexperienced in this hobby. Your enthusiasm and intention are very welled placed but sometimes you come across tooo strong for some people's liking when youi post. You seem like a know it all. None of us know near everything there is to know about this hobby. We are all always learning something new. So keep your mind open and watch your mouth(typing fingers) a little more.

As the saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat...lol.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jedi
Hey Kitty Cat.......lol

Again you are shooting your mouth without experience. You never even tried Sorex tires. I have tried both and find sorex far superior to anything in the 4 different tracks I have raced on. And they last longer for me too.
Hey Jedi

Again, I do stuff without the worlds knowing. You don't know how easy it is to borrow a set of Sorex's for the day. While I might not have driven Sorex's on multiple tracks I have at the carpet track I go to. While they were more consistant throughout the day, My car felt more dialed with the take-off tires. I have talked to sevral racers at this track and they said the Sorexs don't have the lifespan that take-offs do, they last around 3-4 days as opposed to my months of using Take-Off tires, having only actually wore out one set

I can't come up with any ways insult your user name and quite frankly....i don't care much for sinking down to that level

Race on buddy...and while your at it, get some new material. The 50's are over for a reason
Old 06-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Sorex tires work for us at every track from so cal to, concrete & asphalt, parking lots of all kinds of varying traction conditions, electric & nitro, & the wear has been very good, 32R's when it's cold, 36's for about 65 & above.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by trigger
are you sure they pits? pits say"shimizo" on the tire.
The part # on the packaging starts with "pitshimizu"
and the name "shimizu" was clearly molded into the sidewalls.
They seem like harder compound tires mostly, and a few odd narrow sets that dont fit my standard sized rims
Old 06-28-2004, 11:22 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

rctoyguy,

this must be all very confusing for you, i would buy a set of CS-27 pre-glued again as you know they work!! then i would buy a set of sorex and run them as well, then you can see what is a better tyre. I know that makes it slightly expensive but you will then know what is better in your mind, plus you could sell the set you dont like or keep them in your box as you may need them at another track (it's always good to have different tyre's). the only way you will know is to try it your self instead of listening to us bickering over the subject

anyway good luck

J-P