Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ce Pitbull X3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow Ce Pitbull X3

I would like to hear from other poeple thier feedback about this new product from Competition Electronics. Also, how they are using this>>>single or triple charge mode? Their different settings and the results that they are getting. As well as comparison analysis if available between other chagers. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Henry E.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

I think there's already a thread about this.

About 3 phase charging; The Robitronic uses this as well. If charged with high amp in first phase, mid amp in second and low in third (like 9, 6, 4 amps) people experienced lack of punch. Because the batts wasn't warm enough. So Robitronic made a new version, which introduced a 4. phase, for getting them warmed up.

But of course, you can programme it otherwise, like a high amp in the end. But then you dont get the overall benefits.

Several celluar phones charges by the same principle: higher amps first, low last. The idea is to both increase voltage and capasity.

www.robotronic.com
Old 06-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

That is the premise of this charger that you have another option of charging your batts. There must be other racers that are using this charger out there and I would like to hear from them their feedback. There was an article at RC Driver mag last month but I can't get hold of it anymore. Please post your feedback, good bad or anyhow. Thanx

Henry E.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does three phase charging harm the batts?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talk about bringing up an old thread! Three years its been...

Lets here from all the pitbull user's out there...Just got mine today, used... and will charge my NiMH batts with the single charge mode.

Anyone have some tips for this charger?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This charger is good, but is a bit old skool. the menu is not the greatest, but for a simple small charger then its good.

dont bother with step charging. linear is fine.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Linear charging at 6 amps .32V peak detection.

The charger is simple, small, light and works great, I have two plus my GFX.

What I would like to see in any charger is a time setting so you could put 4 minutes of charge before I store them for the week.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have two, very good charger. I find that my batteries have lasted longer using the CE than my previous charger - 3700 cells two years (probably 100 cycles) old have only just become unusable.

After 20 cycles of my 4200 cells, their voltage is still very good, and I have had no problems with dropped cells, etc.

Linear charge is best, and if you use a cut-off below 0.024v, set the peak-lock for about 3000mAh and use it. The X3 is more prone to false peaks than any charger I've had (0.016v cut-off for 4-cell batts) but once past 3000, it's OK. I put up with that because it treats my cells so well. HTH
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I charge at 7 amps with a .024 cut-off. I program the long lockout to 3500mah as these packs take about 4500mah+ to charge.

Here is something to try guys. Charge and cycle a pack on the GFX with the same settings as above but use a 2 peak setting. Set the re-peak at 6.0 amps with a .01 cut-off. On the next day take the same pack and charge it on the Pitbull and then hook it up to the GFX for cycling. Setting the GFX at 6.0 amps with a .01 cut-off cycle the pack using a single peak. Basically you are re-peaking the pack so make sure to change to single charge/peak.

You will be amazed at the differences! This will trully show how good the Pitbull really is.