Wiki Posts
Search

A fun idea for RCGT/VTA!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default A fun idea for RCGT/VTA!

Watching the best show on TV (Top Gear) today, James May went to Finland to get some rally training with Mika Hakkinen. He eventually entered a rally race, which people entered with lots of different cars. The only catch was, after the end of the race, rules force you to sell your car (Small sum, I think it was $2000.00.) if somebody feels it is better than theres. This keeps people from taking everything to serious and bring out a WRX (Or such hardcore rally vehicle) making it all about driving talent.

What if, rules dictated for RCGT/VTA, that you must sell your rolling chassis minus Rx for say, $100.00. So this keeps people from going crazy with there cars. I think it is funny people use 416x's and crazy cars for a class that a TC3 might beat them in.

I think that might be fun. I would even race that class. (And I hate stock ) How fun would it be to beat the crap out of your car with all your buddys, then sell/trade your car, to only beat the crap out of that car .

It's a idea I figured I would share. Ive been trying to get racing going locally (Nobody races on road for 3/5.5 hours from me), so ive been putting together mental ideas.

Discuss ()
Old 09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

I can just see it...everyone goes out and starts running $150 chassis, hoping to trade up to the winner's X-Ray
Old 09-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I can just see it...everyone goes out and starts running $150 chassis, hoping to trade up to the winner's X-Ray
Defeats the point, but it would be funny.

If I have to run a stock class, I wanna smile my butt off hacking the heck out of all my bud's not carring about my $15.00 chassis
Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Have you looked at 18th or 12th scale? Doesn't take much real estate and it's not too expensive to get going. How many guys are interested in on-road in your area? Get a little parking lot club goin and see where it goes. Trading cars at the end would be interesting, unless you hacked the crap out of him and inherited broken stuff.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Defeats the point, but it would be funny.

If I have to run a stock class, I wanna smile my butt off hacking the heck out of all my bud's not carring about my $15.00 chassis
what part about "Racing" RCGT or VTA includes purposely 'hacking'. yea thats why I sold the slash.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
what part about "Racing" RCGT or VTA includes purposely 'hacking'. yea thats why I sold the slash.
It doesn't.. I'm just joking. But, it does mean close racing, which leads to hacking/ bumping and banging. Racing with friends we always hack each other, sometimes even during warm ups Slash is just hacking because its off roaders and they don't know better (Cool down I used to race off road folks ). Thing I am trying to get across, is mostly about stupid fun and getting people racing. I have friends that don't do racing, and Id like to let them come out and try some racing.

Originally Posted by makaluch
Have you looked at 18th or 12th scale? Doesn't take much real estate and it's not too expensive to get going. How many guys are interested in on-road in your area? Get a little parking lot club goin and see where it goes. Trading cars at the end would be interesting, unless you hacked the crap out of him and inherited broken stuff.
I have not looked at those options, but I think that people that have older tc3's can pick up a 80.00 speed passion 17.5/speedo, some tires and a RCGT body and be ready to race. I have a lead on a surface, still trying to find the facility (in contact with a local shop that has been interested in this for awhile. He is a old racing buddy from back in the day when this town had tracks, so who knows what can happen)