TITC 2011

Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
8/830 it's the same thing will be arriving almost midnight on Wednesday, then maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep then straight to the track for Q1!

I sure hope that there's a starbucks near the track!
you never need to worry about looking for Coffee in Thailand, especially iced coffee.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
You're right, not just the lowest heat, but also the earliest to run! But according to Itaru, the positions get reseeded after every Q session so my 2nd day should hopefully be better unless I'm one of those who can't drive hehehe
don't sell yourself short bro. i've seen you drive. believe me. you're fast.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Right now the locals are having a practice meet at the track ... it wiull be hard to catch up on their knowledge of the track
Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cannon
Right now the locals are having a practice meet at the track ... it wiull be hard to catch up on their knowledge of the track
nothing we can do... unless we opt to stay in Bangkok 1-2 weeks before the event and practice with the locals. we just have to make the absolute best of whatever practice time we can scrounge in the few days before the event...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
you never need to worry about looking for Coffee in Thailand, especially iced coffee.
thank you LORD! Nothing like caffeine to shock your senses!

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
don't sell yourself short bro. i've seen you drive. believe me. you're fast.
we'll see the car I'm running is almost box stock, except for a few hopups which are TAC legal. Don't plan on spending too much on this car, unless I get my butt whooped really badly!

which is why I'm glad I'll be running 2 classes to maximize familiarity of the layout. Hopefully I get the hang of it by the 2nd day. Also, is the layout we will be using the same as the Futaba Cup layout held there recently? Been watching the vids trying to get a hang of the layout
Old 02-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Too more peoples join this race ,
you can go back hotel sleep few hours for ready next round ,
or go out side shopping !
Old 02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Too more peoples join this race ,
you can go back hotel sleep few hours for ready next round ,
or go out side shopping !
Well, I'm turning up on sunday, so hopefully can get a few runs in (if Chinapost ever manage to find my delivery address with my new chassis plate! ) before qualy kicks off.... somewhat unamusingly, I'll be close to being up first and last, as doing FF and modified

If anyone see's me talking to myself in the pits during the breaks... don't worry, I'm trying to learn Mandarin () at the moment, and with the usb charger on the power supply, the ipod's will be kept well charged

Ed
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Well, I'm turning up on sunday, so hopefully can get a few runs in (if Chinapost ever manage to find my delivery address with my new chassis plate! )
Ed
Chinapost are probably still on holiday after CNY. Too much Baijiu and lots of red packets to spend.... Seems like things are getting back to normal now though so hopefully your chassis plate arrives promptly. I find when I get stuff delivered from outside China it's always a hassle unless it's shipped by EMS, then it is very very quick (2-3 days from Japan to Guangzhou). Within China it's varies by whether your choose express shipping (pretty good) or normal shipping (touch and go and not really worth it unless you are a local), I'm quite fortunate to be 1.5 hours from HK by train too which helps at times because most of the shops here need improvement.... although some aren't too bad

I was really trying to make TITC 2011 but the dates put me out.... 6 weeks holiday then back to work the week TITC starts so it is not so convenient. Time to plan for next year...... again :-(

Last edited by renjie; 02-14-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Typo's.......... :-)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well, I'm turning up on sunday, so hopefully can get a few runs in (if Chinapost ever manage to find my delivery address with my new chassis plate! ) before qualy kicks off.... somewhat unamusingly, I'll be close to being up first and last, as doing FF and modified

If anyone see's me talking to myself in the pits during the breaks... don't worry, I'm trying to learn Mandarin () at the moment, and with the usb charger on the power supply, the ipod's will be kept well charged

Ed
Ed, By Sunday hopefully we will have the storage room organised as we arrive late tomorrow
Old 02-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ed, By Sunday hopefully we will have the storage room organised as we arrive late tomorrow
Lucky u guys... perhaps posts up some pix of the track / facility here?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

cant wait to attend titc 2011...but the schedule is quite boring...1 day..play 2 heat..only 10 minutes....
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by frame_pinjam
cant wait to attend titc 2011...but the schedule is quite boring...1 day..play 2 heat..only 10 minutes....
in that case, time to break out the PS3 and pizza... hehehehe
Old 02-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by renjie
Chinapost are probably still on holiday after CNY. Too much Baijiu and lots of red packets to spend.... Seems like things are getting back to normal now though so hopefully your chassis plate arrives promptly. I find when I get stuff delivered from outside China it's always a hassle unless it's shipped by EMS, then it is very very quick (2-3 days from Japan to Guangzhou). Within China it's varies by whether your choose express shipping (pretty good) or normal shipping (touch and go and not really worth it unless you are a local), I'm quite fortunate to be 1.5 hours from HK by train too which helps at times because most of the shops here need improvement.... although some aren't too bad

I was really trying to make TITC 2011 but the dates put me out.... 6 weeks holiday then back to work the week TITC starts so it is not so convenient. Time to plan for next year...... again :-(
Thankfully, it's sitting along side me now... so tonight will be a bit of carbon sanding in front of the TV
Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thankfully, it's sitting along side me now... so tonight will be a bit of carbon sanding in front of the TV

dont get too distracted by the TV, otherwise you might sand your chassis down to a shock tower... hehehehe

see you in Thailand bro.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone in BKK already? How's the track?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.