R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
Tech Regular
Default TC3 Blueprint cases

I am looking for the page that showed what areas to sand out on the diff cases of a TC3 for a friend. I used to have a link that even had a short video of the before and after results but I lost the site. Anyone have any tips?
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Tech Master

have you check that main website?.. www.rc10.com.. browse the entire site....
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Most of the associated molded transmission cases tend to pinch the bearing where the large outdrive bearings fit in to the case.I use an exacto ,you can use a dremel but make sure to only remove enough material to get rid of the bearings being pinched....any more will just cause unnessary slop.....work on one bearing location at a time...shave just enough material out so that the bearings drop right in and will fall out if the case is turned upside down...after placing the bearing in you'll see where the material needs to be removed......get each one perfect and then bolt the case together with the diff assembly installed (less the pinion assembly)and check for any binding it should spin very very free).....then put the pinion assembly into the empty case and check for binding,(do both uper and lower transmission halfs seperate this way)most of the shaving (if any needs to be done in this area) will be on the area of the case just to the back side of where the pinion rotates.... bolt both transmission halfs together and check for binding(the pinion assembly, like the outdrive assembly, should be extreemly free)....at this point all you have left are the shims behind the pinion gear(for depth adj),and the larger outdrive shims for your (side to side adj) add or remove shims to get the perfect mesh....If you end up having to remove shims, take out just what you need to make it free....dont just remove them all right off the bat like some people do..you want things as tight as possible with out pinching or binding anywhere.......long post but I couldn't think of a short way to explain it.... if you have good bearings and get it perfect, the drivetrain should freewheel for around 30 to 35 seconds even with the light plastic outdrives and titanium shafts....................Joe B
1/8 Scale: Tekno EB-48.2... Tekin RX-8 GEN-2 W/2050kv... Airtronix M11-X Radio... HiTec HS-7954SH Servo...

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote