Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Your curiosity has discovered the reason why he is binding :P

Ps. not sure if this is the truth but running high in the back is not recommended by any of the team guys.
Yeah Chris you could be right. After the above post, I remembered I did run an extra shim in each corner of my 008 when I ran the higher roll center. Can't remember if the 008 setup used more shims than the T3'11 per instructions or not. I think with the combination of the shorter rear/front once peice the and higher roll centers it may be causing it to bind. Thanks guys. I'll check it out closer.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCknight
Yeah Chris you could be right. After the above post, I remembered I did run an extra shim in each corner of my 008 when I ran the higher roll center. Can't remember if the 008 setup used more shims than the T3'11 per instructions or not. I think with the combination of the shorter rear/front once peice the and higher roll centers it may be causing it to bind. Thanks guys. I'll check it out closer.
I don't have a T3'11, but a T2'009, and I have no problems with running the same roll-center as you. No binding at all.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

humm...well mine bind with the shocks and tires. I run 5mm ride height and they bind around 3-4 mm of compression. Some other guy here said he had the same issue with his T3R and went to the 50mm bones. Not sure what to do now other than add shims. Part of it has to be the rear one peice mount, since it's not equal in length to the rear bulk heads. Why I'm not sure. What do you do? I'm not buying 50mm bones. I hate to change track width, but it's the cheaper way to go.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
As said by by the other lad lining it up in the center would be my concern.and the epoxy would have to be a strong bond as it has nothing to key in to on the other side.if you can post a pic it would be better to know what you mean:-).
got the pics of the gear diff, the owner said went to more than 500 laps with no issues:
Attached Thumbnails RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0014.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0017.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0019.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

and here is a take on it.. "my build" :

twas tedious, but not that difficult...
Attached Thumbnails RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0122.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0134.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0125.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-imag0137.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx

Thats exactly how I did mine except I added CF pins to key the pulley to the case. What keeps your pulley from spinning on the case under power?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

humm...well mine bind with the shocks and tires. I run 5mm ride height and they bind around 3-4 mm of compression. Some other guy here said he had the same issue with his T3R and went to the 50mm bones. Not sure what to do now other than add shims. Part of it has to be the rear one peice mount, since it's not equal in length to the rear bulk heads. Why I'm not sure. What do you do? I'm not buying 50mm bones. I hate to change track width, but it's the cheaper way to go.
The T3/T3'11 front rear arm mounts are not "inline" with the bulkheads. The T3 has more built in toe than the older platforms.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Thats exactly how I did mine except I added CF pins to key the pulley to the case. What keeps your pulley from spinning on the case under power?
i drilled some notches all around the case where the thick plastic material is on, as well as quite a number small hole cut-outs on the plastic wall and added epoxy material in those voids to get a good grip on the diff case, the epoxy also engulfed the pulley plastic so i hope it'll hold...
still not sure how this though... only tests will tell..
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I am needing to know all team drivers that are planning on attending the Snowbirds. Team RCA/Xray will have limited pit spots. Just trying to put down whos coming an would like to pit with us. Will do my best to get everyone pitted. But right now I need to know who is coming and how many pit spots we get.

Post here or email me [email protected]

Thanks Drew
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like Express said the "11 has more built in rear toe. Just add the spacers you need to free up your bind issue and then run the -.75 hexes, that should get you close on the width.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Hey guys, I am needing to know all team drivers that are planning on attending the Snowbirds. Team RCA/Xray will have limited pit spots. Just trying to put down whos coming an would like to pit with us. Will do my best to get everyone pitted. But right now I need to know who is coming and how many pit spots we get.

Post here or email me [email protected]

Thanks Drew
I will be there.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx

hi bud thanks for putting pic up looks very clean any chance on taking the cover off the pulley to see how it stays in one place without moving underpower.cheers
Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

How's everything been going?

Thanks Drew
Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How is that Xray Shock Building Video coming along? Any update when it might be available?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ByteStream
How is that Xray Shock Building Video coming along? Any update when it might be available?
Well the first one I shot myself with Paul and it was kinda shot like the Blair Witch movie. So we are going to have someone thats better then I am with a camera. We have had a crazy schulde going on so we are hoping to have it at the first of the year with a few other types of video's also.

Sorry just want to make sure its really good and has as much info in there as we can.

Thanks Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.