Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Front One way diff

Hi Drew,

Have you try one way diff in your T3 car? if yes, can you share your setup. I currently running 17.5T class on asphalt track outdoor and would like to try this setup. Do you recommend it or prefer for me to stick with spool diff?

Thx
Old 11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thesaint
Hi Drew,

Have you try one way diff in your T3 car? if yes, can you share your setup. I currently running 17.5T class on asphalt track outdoor and would like to try this setup. Do you recommend it or prefer for me to stick with spool diff?

Thx
I have not ran a one-way in awhile. Heard some guys were trying it out in stock, but I still think a spool is better. Its seems like we can get enough steering out of the spool and having the brakes work in the front is a plus, but that does not mean a one-way would not work. Just like anything you will have to find a setup thats works around it as all of our setups are based off a spool. The last few races I have been running a gear diff in the front and the back.

Hope that helps, if you try it please post feedback here.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I have not ran a one-way in awhile. Heard some guys were trying it out in stock, but I still think a spool is better. Its seems like we can get enough steering out of the spool and having the brakes work in the front is a plus, but that does not mean a one-way would not work. Just like anything you will have to find a setup thats works around it as all of our setups are based off a spool. The last few races I have been running a gear diff in the front and the back.

Thanks Drew
Drew,

Thx for the feedback. Can you share your gear diff setting.

Last edited by thesaint; 11-21-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Drew
Out of curiosity, what weight oils are you running in the gear diffs?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Out of curiosity, what weight oils are you running in the gear diffs?

Thanks

Usally I would only answer this for an Xray guy..Just joking.. I have been running 200,000 cst in the front and 2000 cst in the rear. I always stick with 200,000 in the front but I have been going back and forth in the rear from 1000 to 2000.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Spec R gear diff? Any issue with yours leaking? I tried a Spec R and it leaked from the outdrives more than I was comfortable with.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Spec R gear diff? Any issue with yours leaking? I tried a Spec R and it leaked from the outdrives more than I was comfortable with.
Yes I have been using a spec-r. I think its hit or miss with them. I had one leak and one did not. The o-rings are junk in them. Xray is working on something.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Usally I would only answer this for an Xray guy..Just joking.. I have been running 200,000 cst in the front and 2000 cst in the rear. I always stick with 200,000 in the front but I have been going back and forth in the rear from 1000 to 2000.

Thanks Drew
Thanks, so even with the heavy oil in the front does the car still have more steering than with the traditional spool setup?
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
You can try running a thicker oil and you dont need to fill it as much...and that will help your leak problem...

I fill mine up a quarter .
Old 11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, so even with the heavy oil in the front does the car still have more steering than with the traditional spool setup?
Its kinda of weird. It does and does not. The diff I am able to go faster with a 6 min run but the spool I can still have a faster one lap. The gear diff is a little easier to drive, but i think with that little scrub the spool gives you it makes the car get on the nose better and feels like it steers more. The gear diff is for sure easier to put the car were you want in and off the turn. But I am still playing with it all right now, trying to get a feel for it. This is just what I feel so far.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Its kinda of weird. It does and does not. The diff I am able to go faster with a 6 min run but the spool I can still have a faster one lap. The gear diff is a little easier to drive, but i think with that little scrub the spool gives you it makes the car get on the nose better and feels like it steers more. The gear diff is for sure easier to put the car were you want in and off the turn. But I am still playing with it all right now, trying to get a feel for it. This is just what I feel so far.

Thanks Drew
Thanks.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Skuba I see you. Stop trolling and post already...
Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Thanks.
No problem.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 2011 kits

Will i be able to buy one of the kits in the latest shipment or is there a wait for the next to come in.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Drew, what weight oil would you recommened for a rear gear diff on carpet with about a 8.5? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.