Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gearing issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Angry Gearing issues

ok i took my tt01 out for its first run and im a little diapointed, it seems slower then my tl01 all round both acceleration wise and top end

in the tl01 i used my 19x2 motor and 19t pinion, in the tt01 i used a 22t pinion, could this be the cause??

i have the speed tuned gears for my tt01 but i feel this may make the car worse then better??

any1 have any ideas?? what do most TT01's use for gearing with a similar spec motor???

cheers kris

(p.s will my 15 turn limit esc run a 15x2 motor and gp3000 batterys or will this cook it??)
Attached Thumbnails Gearing issues-dsc00042.jpg   Gearing issues-dsc00025.jpg  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It could be that your 19turn motor needs to have the comm trued.

As for a 15t it will work with your ESC and batteries without any problems, your batteries will just discharge faster.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

I would try gearing it back down to a smaller pinion.

Sometimes if you are too overgeared, the motor won't have acceleration OR top speed because the motor can not push hard enough to get the car up to speed. Especially if the motor is a high RPM version like the Komodo 19t or chameleon.

I don't think I would chance the speedo on the 15t motor. It would probably handle it just fine, but 19t motors are so fast these days you are probably better off just sticking with that.

Keep in mind that just about ANY chassis is going to be relatively the same for speed. A cheap car can go just as fast in a straight line as a top of the line car (given the same power plant and rollout, and not withstanding some sort of extreme difference in drive trane free-ness)
Old 08-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Red face

lol two replies and two diffrent answers to my 15 turn issue lol

oh well maybe a few more replies will sort that out, as for the gearing i may plonk the 19t pinion back in to see if that helps.

cheers guys, and keep the replies coming in
Old 08-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't run a 15 turn with that esc if you overgear it or it is a hot day the esc may thermal shutdown which is doing damage to both the esc and motor.