Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What high end stick radio's are on the market? >

What high end stick radio's are on the market?

What high end stick radio's are on the market?

Old 06-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I just picked up the Vantage Esprit II(finally), not the type R, but I can say that I love it over my old pistol grip radio. It took a little bit to get use too (2 weeks) but I feel that it is a whole lot faster for me through the "S's" and I think it feels better holding it then my old pistol grip.

If anyone is debating on getting a stick radio..I would say go for it.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default new KO stick?

Someone on another forum mentioned a "new' KO stick based on the Helios. Is that the type R? Or is there another stick in the pipeline?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NismoSkyline17
Anyone?
I would be VERY surprised if it didn't.

The 3VCS has the same running gear as a 3PK, just in a stick body - and a stick body with VISCIOUS stick ends at that! You'd cut your thumbs on them in an intense race...
Old 06-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Are there any advantages of the stick over the pistol grip radio?
Depends who you ask. Many stick proponents will tell you that throttle control is easier. I find it to be less taxing on my wrist as well; to steer, I just move my thumb a small distance back and forth, whereas someone with a wheel has to turn their whole wrist, as well as hold tension on the steering wheel. I find that this fatigues my hand, wrist, etc - and is just not as comfortable for me.

But it's really a personal preference. I mainly find that it's just more natural - and easier - for me to drive with sticks. I wouldn't recommend a switch unless you find that to be the case, or you're having hand and wrist issues or something like that... no point re-learning how to drive if you don't have to.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
I would be VERY surprised if it didn't.

The 3VCS has the same running gear as a 3PK, just in a stick body - and a stick body with VISCIOUS stick ends at that! You'd cut your thumbs on them in an intense race...
Awesome. Thanks. Now is RC Mushroom will just get them in stock I'll have a new radio.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Can't go wrong with Airtronics.Some of the most user friendly radios out there.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say 70%+ of people in the UK are using the KO Espirit 2's/Type R, Hitec have a Flash 4 which is a medium/high end radio which might be a bit cheaper, and the others have been mentioned I like using a taller throttle stick and a fairly short steering stick (weird i know )
Old 06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

It looks like the superexs uses same module as m8.with that being said I wonder if the spektrum would work with it.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jinxed
It looks like the superexs uses same module as m8.with that being said I wonder if the spektrum would work with it.
They say it works on Spektrum's website in the FAQ.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default which one ?

Hello,

I want to upgrade my radio and have the a little problem to choose what to buy.
It's basically Futaba 3VCS vs Hitec Eclipse Pro Car
The Hitec looks like a toy, doesn't have such a good display, but still is a pro radio with a lot of functions, abs and so on. The Futaba just looks more expensive and like a pro radio, has bigger display and some more fancy functions.
I would go with the futaba, as i think it's just better, but my LHS has got the Hitec for sale for a very good price. And all those fancy functions, do i really need them, the Hitec has got all the main things that a pro radio must have ?
What should i go with?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

i am looking to buy a ko propo vantage esprit II type r new in the box if anyone i mean anyone knows were i can get on one pleace let me know at [email protected]
Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

bump that s----
Old 08-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

I think the KO is the way to go not only have I had great success with there Helios Wheeled radio over the last couple of years over (two years not a single glitch) but I know there customer service is great. Plus it is hard to argue with results like 2006 ISTC World Champ Andy Moore, 2006 1:12 World Champ David Spachett, both of which used KO Stick radios at this years worlds.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

A word of warning the Ko stick radios are not for everyone. This due to the fact you cannot adjust the tension the pots. Yes they are fast and relativly easy to setup but the feel is very light, please try before you buy one or you may end up hating them.

the sanwa gemini and the futaba have adjustable stick to suit your preferance. The hitec one is a load of rubbissh as play developes in the sticks after a while.