Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What high end stick radio's are on the market? >

What high end stick radio's are on the market?

What high end stick radio's are on the market?

Old 06-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

after looking around both the airtronics and ko sites, I guess I can buy them off of this Shopotran or something....both are 299. Both are reliable brands and I guess I cant go wrong with either, except if I needed repairs for somereason. Is KO stationed in the US? or is there somewhere I can send it to in the US? Same with airtronics?? And can you buy straps to put on the radio, because all of the pictures Ive seen are with guys using a strap around their neck so you dont have the risk of dropping it(that much). And it seems a little more convinent
Old 06-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

I use a Vantage R, but have never used a neck strap (and had an old vantage before that). you don't tend to see that many people using them, certainly not in the UK.

KO do have a presence in the US. I have e-mailed them for tech support in the past and found the guy there rfeally helpfull.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by Switch Blade
after looking around both the airtronics and ko sites, I guess I can buy them off of this Shopotran or something....both are 299. Both are reliable brands and I guess I cant go wrong with either, except if I needed repairs for somereason. Is KO stationed in the US? or is there somewhere I can send it to in the US? Same with airtronics?? And can you buy straps to put on the radio, because all of the pictures Ive seen are with guys using a strap around their neck so you dont have the risk of dropping it(that much). And it seems a little more convinent
servicing for the radio is important, since you wont know when it might conked out on you. so its best that you drop an email to both KO and Airtronics in your country to check out their after sales service policy etc.. i chose the super exzes because i happen to know the service centre guy, so any problems can be solved pretty fast. as for futaba/ko, the repair service leaves much to be desired, need to send back to japan and wait for months for them to repair it, getting the transmitter back is another whole story altogether though.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

I use the Super EXZES... I just saw one go for cheap on eBay. I'd set a search for it that emails you when new items are posted, I've seen them up every once in a while.

I got mine through my LHS by special order. Took a little while, but they found one for me.

Electronically and feature-wise, it is identical to the M8 in every way EXCEPT for ABS brakes, which it doesn't have - don't ask me why, but I wouldn't use them anyway. It will even use the M8 modules, including the switch modules from Novak - so that might be useful as well...

Before I had the Super Exzes, I had the original EXZES, which was essentially the 3PS in a stick format.

And btw - I have a neck strap on mine. Never dropped the radio, but that extra bit of security just is good to have.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

did anyone have any problems with their ko stick radios?? After reading one of the UK RC magazines, in an article that talked about the helios, it said that there were many problems with the vantage, but they fixed it...can anyone shed some light on this??
Old 06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Considering getting a 3VC Super and was wondering if the Spektrum from my 3pk will work in it?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
servicing for the radio is important, since you wont know when it might conked out on you. so its best that you drop an email to both KO and Airtronics in your country to check out their after sales service policy etc.. i chose the super exzes because i happen to know the service centre guy, so any problems can be solved pretty fast. as for futaba/ko, the repair service leaves much to be desired, need to send back to japan and wait for months for them to repair it, getting the transmitter back is another whole story altogether though.

KO service here in the states is EXCELLENT. They even have Robert out doing field repairs and answering questions at many of the National events here, and he's accessible here on RCTech as well. Can't go wrong with KO.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have never had any trouble with my vantage (other than me dropping it) it's been a great radio. I do like the look of the exzes though.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Are there any advantages of the stick over the pistol grip radio?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

i personally think the vantage is an exelent radio that is an investment that will last a lifetime, as it has a 10 model memory and a 20 model memory in the type r i belive. You can also blank the memory if you wish if you get to far from the original setup and are a bit lost
Old 06-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

www.14mz.com
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by N0Body
That's and aircraft radio and is over $2500 for just the TX and RX.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I've had the KO Vantage II Type R for around a year now and its been the best buy radio wise i have made, its full of options that are easy to use and a great help track side. At first it did seem a bit tricky to work your way around but once you get used to the control system its simple, really it'll be down to your own personal preference but i couldn't see you going wrong with getting the KO.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Kopropo is reliable and easy to use with maximum tuning ability
Old 06-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NismoSkyline17
Considering getting a 3VC Super and was wondering if the Spektrum from my 3pk will work in it?
Anyone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.