R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #1441
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Did some checking myself, and I see how right you are! I went ahead and ordered the roller from TH along with 2 cans of paint, a circle cutter, and a couple of parts for my TT ST-1 -- all for under $200 shipped with the member coupon!

Gonna try out Pactra racing red backed with outlaw black and see what happens. Should turn out to be a nice burgundy I hope.

Last few things to order are the RC Monster single speed conversion and a couple of spurs and pinions. I'm going to put a hobbywing XERUN 150A esc and a hobbywing sensored 2200kv 4274 motor on her. Runs very very cool on my Thunder Tiger converted S3 buggy, so I'm hoping to heat it up a little with this car.

Stock wheels are immediately going on ebay, lol. I'm not even gonna glue 'em. I'll run with the el cheapo suprasales slicks that I have now. I can't even get those to balloon at 70+mph on my buggy, and they were a whopping $25 for a set of 4 pre-glued. I'm quite sure I'm going to need something different shortly. Not sure what yet.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
For $179 shipped from tower if your a member, not going to get much cheaper than that.

Most eBay rollers I have watched come real close to that price so might as well buy new.
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #1442
Tech Elite
 
y2kgtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,559
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Did some checking myself, and I see how right you are! I went ahead and ordered the roller from TH along with 2 cans of paint, a circle cutter, and a couple of parts for my TT ST-1 -- all for under $200 shipped with the member coupon!

Gonna try out Pactra racing red backed with outlaw black and see what happens. Should turn out to be a nice burgundy I hope.

Last few things to order are the RC Monster single speed conversion and a couple of spurs and pinions. I'm going to put a hobbywing XERUN 150A esc and a hobbywing sensored 2200kv 4274 motor on her. Runs very very cool on my Thunder Tiger converted S3 buggy, so I'm hoping to heat it up a little with this car.

Stock wheels are immediately going on ebay, lol. I'm not even gonna glue 'em. I'll run with the el cheapo suprasales slicks that I have now. I can't even get those to balloon at 70+mph on my buggy, and they were a whopping $25 for a set of 4 pre-glued. I'm quite sure I'm going to need something different shortly. Not sure what yet.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
I agree on the stock tires. Looking forward to seeing how those surpasales slicks do. I have been wanting a set.
__________________
"Yes my car is technically illegal, but still its either just as fast or slower than any other car on the track so whats the issue with it being illegal?"
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #1443
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I was planning on tuning the car with whatever pinion and spur combo came with it and then installing the RCM single speed conversion with a 40T spur and a 29t pinion. Then do some testing to see what happens and tweak where necessary.

The only batteries that I have are a couple of 40c turnigy 5s packs and several 20c 4s hard packs. The 4s hard packs are way underrated IMO. I can do standing backflips with them on my ST-1 truggy with a 15T pinion, and they don't even get warm when I run the heck out of them. Best bang for the buck 4s pack you can get at $22.

I am somewhat concerned at running them in this car though. Going to be verrry careful.

Any thoughts on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
I agree on the stock tires. Looking forward to seeing how those surpasales slicks do. I have been wanting a set.
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #1444
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone replaced the rear dogbones with CVA's? What ones fit? Thanks for any advice!
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #1445
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Subaru WRX or Porsche 911 bodies!

Where the heck can I find a Subaru WRX or Porsche 911 body that will fit the GTP2e? I have searched the best I can but to no luck, however I am determined to find one!

Kyosho IGB001


Kyosho IGB050


OFNA OFN31139P PORSCHE PAINTED BODY
professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #1446
Tech Apprentice
 
jayjay283's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 61
Default

I ordered the porsche from http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN31...DY_p_1559.html it was out of stock like that, took a few weeks to get it to me but thats cool for a discontinued body. Maybe he can track down a subaru too
jayjay283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #1447
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcake View Post
Where the heck can I find a Subaru WRX or Porsche 911 body that will fit the GTP2e? I have searched the best I can but to no luck, however I am determined to find one!

Kyosho IGB001


Kyosho IGB050


OFNA OFN31139P PORSCHE PAINTED BODY

There has been 3 Subaru body's on eBay just in the last month including one I sold on there a couple weeks ago(brand new clear Subaru body)
Theres one on there now but he is asking $195 shipped lol.
They are getting harder and hard to find and more expensive too
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #1448
Tech Regular
 
rcwck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Stock gearing will get you ~35-40MPH on 4S. I think you will get some heat with 40/29 gearing. You might wanna rethink that set up. Using the MPH calculator below I get 700+ MPH on your set up. Your Lipos/esc will not like that gearing for sure. I race w/49/24 gearing and hit 55mph on the straight using 70C 4S and 2250KV.
http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
I was planning on tuning the car with whatever pinion and spur combo came with it and then installing the RCM single speed conversion with a 40T spur and a 29t pinion. Then do some testing to see what happens and tweak where necessary.

The only batteries that I have are a couple of 40c turnigy 5s packs and several 20c 4s hard packs. The 4s hard packs are way underrated IMO. I can do standing backflips with them on my ST-1 truggy with a 15T pinion, and they don't even get warm when I run the heck out of them. Best bang for the buck 4s pack you can get at $22.

I am somewhat concerned at running them in this car though. Going to be verrry careful.

Any thoughts on that?
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #1449
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron989 View Post
There has been 3 Subaru body's on eBay just in the last month including one I sold on there a couple weeks ago(brand new clear Subaru body)
Theres one on there now but he is asking $195 shipped lol.
They are getting harder and hard to find and more expensive too
Can you link the one you found on ebay? I cant seem to find it, anyway it looks like its gonna cost me if I really want one of these items.

Any chance the DRX WRX body would fit the GTP2e?
professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #1450
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

RCWCK
You have a PM
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #1451
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcake View Post
Can you link the one you found on ebay? I cant seem to find it, anyway it looks like its gonna cost me if I really want one of these items.

Any chance the DRX WRX body would fit the GTP2e?
Just checked for the WRX body and it wasnt listed anymore, Either someone bought it or time expired on listing... Keep an eye on ebay it may pop up again


Any body with a 320mm-330mm wheelbase length will fit any short wheelbase car(GTP2,DM1,Inferno GT1 ans so on) Not sure which is the DRX WRX but if its the 10th scale subaru body i seen before then no it wont fit
__________________
XRAY T4 14 - Orca - Futaba
Serpent 811 Cobra GT-E - Tekin - Hitec
Serpent 811 BE 2.0 - Tekin - Hitec
Voltron989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #1452
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default DRX VE Subaru Body

Kyosho specs the DRX Subaru body at 316mm wheelbase, just short

I guess the width is off too, 260mm for the DRX, its 200mm for the GTP right?

professorcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #1453
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I think maybe you mistyped something... Using a 5s battery, 40t spur and 29t pinion I show ~140ish mph. Probably still too high, but not quite 700mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwck View Post
Stock gearing will get you ~35-40MPH on 4S. I think you will get some heat with 40/29 gearing. You might wanna rethink that set up. Using the MPH calculator below I get 700+ MPH on your set up. Your Lipos/esc will not like that gearing for sure. I race w/49/24 gearing and hit 55mph on the straight using 70C 4S and 2250KV.
http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #1454
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 83
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

This may be a stupid question, but this is my first on-road car so I'm allowed a few, lol.

I'm building my GTP2e and am getting ready to trim and paint the body. I noticed that with the front mounts installed, it looks like the body is too high. Can I just cut the bottom posts off a little? The ones that go into the foam bumper I mean.

As it is right now, the body sits about 10mm higher than the front bumper. It doesn't look right. Do I need to use the rear bumper holes for mounting with this body?

Any advice?


EDIT: Got it sorted out. So far, so good..
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0071-small-.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0073-small-.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0074-small-.jpg  

Last edited by DudeInMyrtleBch; 09-17-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Got it..
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1455
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if anyone is interested, but there's a seller on Ebay with some vintage 1/8 Parma on road bodies.

Is there anyone in the U.S. who races these cars?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0