R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #1021
Tech Regular
 
Capt'N_Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daravelli View Post
What diffs do you recommend for 6s?
So far I have found the following.

Cheapest and best upgrade is to simply use a good gear lube. Mobile 1 Synthetic Grease (NLGI) red stuff. Apply it to the gears surfaces completely (spin repeat until covered). You will be amazed how much longer your diffs will last.

King headz sold a pretty solid set (13T/43T) hardened pinion/ring gear's but I can't seem to find them listed online anymore. (discontinued??)

Ofna has a hardened 44t ring gear Part# 31010 drop in replacement. Would recommend this route as they will be easier to find (replace). Remember to stock up on pinions as they tend to explode.

Have been looking for hardened outdrives and found some at rc-monster.com but do not know if they will fit. Don't get me wrong the stock ones are bomb proof they just don't like the occassional panic breaking. http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...tdrives&cat=40

rc-monster sells the large 25+ teeth mod1 hardened pinions that don't seem to wear even using the metal spurs. (expensive) http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40

Anyone else know of any reliability improving upgrades?
__________________
Micah

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 08-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Capt'N_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #1022
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow View Post
So far I have found the following.

Cheapest and best upgrade is to simply use a good gear lube. Mobile 1 Synthetic Grease (NLGI) red stuff. Apply it to the gears surfaces completely (spin repeat until covered). You will be amazed how much longer your diffs will last.

King headz sold a pretty solid set (13T/43T) hardened pinion/ring gear's but I can't seem to find them listed online anymore. (discontinued??)

Ofna has a hardened 44t ring gear Part# 31010 drop in replacement. Would recommend this route as they will be easier to find (replace). Remember to stock up on pinions as they tend to explode.

Have been looking for hardened outdrives and found some at rc-monster.com but do not know if they will fit. Don't get me wrong the stock ones are bomb proof they just don't like the occassional panic breaking. http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...tdrives&cat=40

rc-monster sells the large 25+ teeth mod1 hardened pinions that don't seem to wear even using the metal spurs. (expensive) http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40

Anyone else know of any reliability improving upgrades?
Shimming the pinion to the ring gear ,I bought an aassortment of shims from rcmart, 5mm dia and different thicknesses, and my front is shimmed different then the rear.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #1023
Tech Apprentice
 
daravelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow View Post
So far I have found the following.

Cheapest and best upgrade is to simply use a good gear lube. Mobile 1 Synthetic Grease (NLGI) red stuff. Apply it to the gears surfaces completely (spin repeat until covered). You will be amazed how much longer your diffs will last.

King headz sold a pretty solid set (13T/43T) hardened pinion/ring gear's but I can't seem to find them listed online anymore. (discontinued??)

Ofna has a hardened 44t ring gear Part# 31010 drop in replacement. Would recommend this route as they will be easier to find (replace). Remember to stock up on pinions as they tend to explode.

Have been looking for hardened outdrives and found some at rc-monster.com but do not know if they will fit. Don't get me wrong the stock ones are bomb proof they just don't like the occassional panic breaking. http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...tdrives&cat=40

rc-monster sells the large 25+ teeth mod1 hardened pinions that don't seem to wear even using the metal spurs. (expensive) http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40

Anyone else know of any reliability improving upgrades?
Cool thanks bud!
__________________
Hot Bodies Ve8 - Sold
Traxxas E-Revo - Sold
1/16 Traxxas E-Revo VXL - MMP Castle 5700kv - Sold
OFNA Ultra GTP-2E - Sold
Team Associated B5m
daravelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #1024
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Tekno just started making some really nice pinions as well.....

http://www.igthobbies.com/search.asp...x=0&search.y=0
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #1025
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Hi ,I'm looking for options for wheels tires ..I was unhappy with the stock foams and they were hard to get on with out shifting foam to one side I used both small and large ,used dubble side tape to sick to rim and on tire ..so there on but not good balance / lumpy ..so ive seen the premounted stuff at igt but I don't care for the rims I really like the stock style ..what should i do I what premounted but can't find them in that rim ..should i try and glue up some new ones is there better foams to try ? Thanks
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #1026
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
Hi ,I'm looking for options for wheels tires ..I was unhappy with the stock foams and they were hard to get on with out shifting foam to one side I used both small and large ,used dubble side tape to sick to rim and on tire ..so there on but not good balance / lumpy ..so ive seen the premounted stuff at igt but I don't care for the rims I really like the stock style ..what should i do I what premounted but can't find them in that rim ..should i try and glue up some new ones is there better foams to try ? Thanks
Sweep tires are available unmounted and come with very good insert and then mount those to the stock wheel.

unmounted tire- http://www.igthobbies.com/search.asp...14&search.y=14

stock wheel- http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN86...TE_p_1534.html
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #1027
Tech Regular
 
Capt'N_Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
Hi ,I'm looking for options for wheels tires ..I was unhappy with the stock foams and they were hard to get on with out shifting foam to one side I used both small and large ,used dubble side tape to sick to rim and on tire ..so there on but not good balance / lumpy ..so ive seen the premounted stuff at igt but I don't care for the rims I really like the stock style ..what should i do I what premounted but can't find them in that rim ..should i try and glue up some new ones is there better foams to try ? Thanks
For the pain and effort to get it right consistently I go premount everytime. If Alpha, Ofna, Sweep @ IGT are not your ticket then this site offers BSR and Ipanema products.

Winners Circle RC

Have not had a foam insert bunch up on me from any of these brands.
__________________
Micah
Capt'N_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #1028
Tech Regular
 
Capt'N_Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

just wanted to show some pictures of my car please excuse the dirt as it gets a fair bit of playtime.

Some have PM'd me asking how I adjust the droop so I took a couple of pictures. Have also showed my layout with center hood support and extra weight to the motor side for ballancing purposes.

Haven't had any problems with the electrics but I keep my wire runs as short as possible. Switched from Deans plugs to EC5 connectors on the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Ultra GTP2e-electrics-layout.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-front-arm-setup.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-rear-arm-setup.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-front-droop-3.5mm.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-rear-droop-3mm.jpg  

__________________
Micah
Capt'N_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #1029
Tech Regular
 
Capt'N_Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Have cutout extra material from the rear of the body to release the air that gets trapped under it. This has helped me go faster. Are there any other tricks available?

What do others use for traction compound on ashfalt?
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Ultra GTP2e-body-modification.jpg  
__________________
Micah
Capt'N_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #1030
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

We got the Porsche Bodies in from OFNA, but they all sold out immediately, but we have more on the way next week. There are about 30 of these left and then they will be gone forever. I snapped a picture before sending the last one out....

http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN31...DY_p_1559.html
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #1031
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
Sweep tires are available unmounted and come with very good insert and then mount those to the stock wheel.

unmounted tire- http://www.igthobbies.com/search.asp...14&search.y=14

stock wheel- http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN86...TE_p_1534.html
thanks ill try that maybe get some premounts too ,,

Well guys i just took her out for a spin and wow that's a lot of speed only used 4s lipo i think that's all i need for a while ..
2200kv/mmm*20t pinion=crazy fast car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFoCc_cLXE
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..

Last edited by bronc4now; 08-28-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: add vid
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #1032
Tech Regular
 
rcwck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow View Post
Have cutout extra material from the rear of the body to release the air that gets trapped under it. This has helped me go faster. Are there any other tricks available?

What do others use for traction compound on ashfalt?
Capt,

Here's what I've seen for forward bite:

Optional rear ball link suspension for more rear tow-in
Tire warmers,Hobby King gotts em.(Cheap)I run em off a large 3S
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14858
Paragon Ground Effects, stinky wintergreen
Soaking tires in plastic zip seal bags with various tire treatments
max front droop
mo rear wing/angle (lotsa effect)
drilling holes in rear facia near top of bod
soft rear tires w/air gap between tire and foam insert
center diff
black molly lube for rear ring/pinion and spider gears

Hope some are new to you,

rcwck
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #1033
Tech Addict
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwck View Post
Capt,

Here's what I've seen for forward bite:

Optional rear ball link suspension for more rear tow-in
Tire warmers,Hobby King gotts em.(Cheap)I run em off a large 3S
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14858
Paragon Ground Effects, stinky wintergreen
Soaking tires in plastic zip seal bags with various tire treatments
max front droop
mo rear wing/angle (lotsa effect)
drilling holes in rear facia near top of bod
soft rear tires w/air gap between tire and foam insert
center diff
black molly lube for rear ring/pinion and spider gears

Hope some are new to you,

rcwck

Very good info.
__________________
www.snrgraphite.com
SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #1034
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwck View Post
Capt,

Here's what I've seen for forward bite:

Optional rear ball link suspension for more rear tow-in

rcwck
Recently added these to the site....

http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN31...IT_p_1680.html

Got some on the way.
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #1035
Tech Addict
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillMassey View Post
Recently added these to the site....

http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN31...IT_p_1680.html

Got some on the way.
That what I run on my car.
__________________
www.snrgraphite.com
SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0