Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ofna Ultra GTP2e >

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joat
I'm working on a mount for revo 3.3 spurs, this will all you to run a lower ratio center spool, I am not a nor represnt any shop/manufactuer other then some dude with some machine tools and a love of the gtp!
please let me know!! asap!

i keep hearing this from different ppl..

im a great fan of my GTP2-E too..big time...

so any word...please let me know..

right now, im working on a lower spur from another RC...hopefully it works...and if my measures are correct..it might work....lower than the stock one.

let me try it out..and if does..ill let you guys know.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MambaPower87
please let me know!! asap!

i keep hearing this from different ppl..

im a great fan of my GTP2-E too..big time...

so any word...please let me know..

right now, im working on a lower spur from another RC...hopefully it works...and if my measures are correct..it might work....lower than the stock one.

let me try it out..and if does..ill let you guys know.
It's not real hard, I just dont have the right size metal stock, so I have to lathe an extra 1/2 of material off , and the stock spur holder is way off in turns of being centered, the center spool shaft is dead straight, the spur holder not so much.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What up fellas. Have a couple of questions.

Question #1. Purchased the center diff for my GTP 2e(part# 31325). And after putting it together based on the assembly sheet provided, when I twist it in opposite directions, it seems to bind and lock, then i have to wiggle it to get it loose. Any ideas? Filled it with 100k and didn't fill it to the top, just above the center shaft.

Question #2. Purchased some turnigy nano-tech lipos(6000mah) They wont fit the battery tray. Have any of you cut off the front part of the battery tray? Any negative affects of doing this?

Thanks in advance fellas.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ozzfest

Question #1. Purchased the center diff for my GTP 2e(part# 31325). And after putting it together based on the assembly sheet provided, when I twist it in opposite directions, it seems to bind and lock, then i have to wiggle it to get it loose. Any ideas? Filled it with 100k and didn't fill it to the top, just above the center shaft.

Question #2. Purchased some turnigy nano-tech lipos(6000mah) They wont fit the battery tray. Have any of you cut off the front part of the battery tray? Any negative affects of doing this?

On question 2, I did the same by buying some nano tech, and yes had to cut the front tray...the only bad part...is that, incase of head on crash...the batteries while move front on impact...happen to me once..but everything was ok..
Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MambaPower87
On question 2, I did the same by buying some nano tech, and yes had to cut the front tray...the only bad part...is that, incase of head on crash...the batteries while move front on impact...happen to me once..but everything was ok..
I've seen some guys use velcro as an added way to hold the battery in place. You may want to give it a try. Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ozzfest

I would take it apart, somethings not right, this is how I fill mine , add alittle fluid to cover the out drive shaft, put the gear on,then fill halfway and add the 4 gears with the pins, just let gravity take it down, then add more fluid if you need and put the other out drive gear on the other gears, clean any extra fluid of the case but not the gear, then put a drop on the top of the gear-pin side -, put the case together , dont forget the seal and make sure your putting the shims behind each of the 4 center gears.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the input fellas.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ozzfest You have a PM!!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
ozzfest You have a PM!!
oh oh oh , secret secret I want a pm too please
Old 07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joat
oh oh oh , secret secret I want a pm too please
NO!!! Just a SD deal..
Old 07-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

NEW OFNA DP8 BODY RETAIL 59.95

availability TBA.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very nice body! Is it Protoform's too?
I wonder on wich car it was inspered....

Well, I think I still prefer the PF8-GT.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I was doing a top speed run yesterday and using a MPH ap on my iPhone which does not work too well. It takes too long to ping in and by the time it does I am running out of room and having to slam on the brakes. The highest it picked up was 77.2mph with the body off since it likes to go air born. I know its getting faster, but I need a radar gun to actually get real time MPH as it is flying by. Right now I am geared at 47 spur and 20 pinion with 6s on 2650 castle. When doing the speed run I don't even feel safe standing anywhere in the vacinity since its going so fast.

I am running sweep exp 45deg tires on it. I was on a top speed run yesterday and towards the end of the run the left front tire blew out. The tire went flying 30 yards into the air, the car instantly veered to the left. I slammed on the brakes and heard the screeching of the tires trying to stop it, but it was too little, too late. The car hit the grass and started going end over end and finally came to a stop after about 20 yards.

I started the long walk down the road to the crash site to take in the damage and carnage. I got down to the area where the tire blew out and saw where I hit the brakes. I had two rubber skid marks heading off the road and missing a mailbox poll by 1 in..Talk about getting lucky. I finally reach the car and start to look at the damage and am amazed to report that nothing broke, not even a body post. The only damage was the blown out tire, I found the one large piece of the tire but not the other piece. The rubber piece I found was about the size of a 10th scale tire now.

So now I ask you, what are these tires rated up to? I thought they could go up to 100mph. I know the car is geared for over 100mph so I am just trying to figure out which tire to go with for when I find the right body.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
NEW OFNA DP8 BODY RETAIL 59.95

availability TBA.
I like it better than the Warrior body.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyattroa
So now I ask you, what are these tires rated up to? I thought they could go up to 100mph.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Our premounted GT racing slicks have been speed tested and proven to go 121 mph!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.