Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ofna Ultra GTP2e >

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Starks
You may want to replace the diff case. There may be a problem there. There is also a hardened ring gear available. Part# 31010 Are you circuit racing? What system are you using?
Its a gas converted to electric and im running the mamba esc with the 2650kv castle motor.Its only for drag racing.And it has a 2 speed tranny in it with mechanical brakes.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Hi GaryA,

Are you running the Ipanema 45's on your E car? And for the guys running the 45's at the fantasy world track are they on NITRO or E cars as well? I ask as that shore compound regardless of what manufacturer they're from don't do very well with the hotter temps we have down here in SoCal when run on our E cars. Although, in colder weather, they do pretty well. In the Nitro cars the softer shore compounds still work as it's not as easy to overheat them.

Cheers!
+1

Our new 60 & 65 shore rubber should be the hot ticket for road race E cars on the tracks during the warmer summer months.

Drag race E cars are rockin' on our 45 & 50 shores during the day and 40 & 45's for cooler night racing temps.

Thanks and good luck fellas!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DanielD
Its a gas converted to electric and im running the mamba esc with the 2650kv castle motor.Its only for drag racing.And it has a 2 speed tranny in it with mechanical brakes.
Being a Drag car, you may want to shim the differentials. And run the hardened steel bevel gears. Electric drag cars put a lot of load on the drivetrain at take off.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey JSpeed!
I'm from Brazil and running on sintec's 45, very nice grip for me.
The pictures from the sintec webpage and ipanema's are the same, is it the same tire/wheel?
Thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D Starks
Being a Drag car, you may want to shim the differentials. And run the hardened steel bevel gears. Electric drag cars put a lot of load on the drivetrain at take off.
You mean shim the spider gears? What are the hardened steel bevel gears?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpompeu
Hey JSpeed!
I'm from Brazil and running on sintec's 45, very nice grip for me.
The pictures from the sintec webpage and ipanema's are the same, is it the same tire/wheel?
Thanks
WOW??? what happened to Made in USA??
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

rpompeu,

Yes, we are one in the same.
Warrior bodies are made here in America and available in Brasil too.

Do you race with these guys there?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

The "ring" gear is the gear that is attached to the diff housing with the spider gears, the "pinoin" gear drives the ring gear, if your having ring and pinion issues you need to shim the pinion and tighten the mess to the ring gear,also running the hardened ring gear will help -OFN31010,I suggest you replace the the pinion gear too, you might have cracks that you cant see -OFN30130
I bought a shim kit from rcmart, I'll try to find the packaging
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
rpompeu,

Yes, we are one in the same.
Warrior bodies are made here in America and available in Brasil too.
Do you race with these guys there?
Nice to know JSpeed!
No, I don't race with this guys. They probably race in São Paulo where GT racing is becoming more popular, I live in Brasilia (Brasil's capital) and I'm the only GT on our track
Old 07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

The bevel gear is the ring gear. You may want to check side play at the ring gear (bevel gear) also in the pinion gear. Like a 1:1 car.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/advanced_s...8ee57000d6efeb

If you are going through spider gears you may want to replace the diff case.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/advanced_s...8ee57000d6efeb
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks for the help imma try replacing all that ans see if it helps
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Today I raced my GTP2e with Sweep 50 slicks for the first time. I have to say, they really hook up great. Plus, after a day of racing they are just barely scrubbed in so they should last a long time.

We race on a parking lot track that we clean with leaf blowers then mist with Mountain Dew. Today it was sunny and about 75. After a qualifier the tire temps were around 110F. That seemed to be just right for the 50's.

A few of us have tried the Ipanemas - For our track the Sweeps handle and wear better.

Comments?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaryA
Today I raced my GTP2e with Sweep 50 slicks for the first time. I have to say, they really hook up great. Plus, after a day of racing they are just barely scrubbed in so they should last a long time.

We race on a parking lot track that we clean with leaf blowers then mist with Mountain Dew. Today it was sunny and about 75. After a qualifier the tire temps were around 110F. That seemed to be just right for the 50's.

A few of us have tried the Ipanemas - For our track the Sweeps handle and wear better.

Comments?
Nice info!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Red face

Any one know where to get or how to make a smaller spur for the gtp2e?

It's driving me insane thinking and looking how to get a smaller spur other than the 51t

Please someone help me...!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MambaPower87
Any one know where to get or how to make a smaller spur for the gtp2e?

It's driving me insane thinking and looking how to get a smaller spur other than the 51t

Please someone help me...!!!
I'm working on a mount for revo 3.3 spurs, this will all you to run a lower ratio center spool, I am not a nor represnt any shop/manufactuer other then some dude with some machine tools and a love of the gtp!
If your running a diff , the inferno one is supposed to be a drop in , and they have 2 spurs for that
http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...46T_p_300.html
http://www.igthobbies.com/KYOSHO-KYO...EAR_p_273.html
I think I might be able to mod a Mosnter Gt spur to fit on the center diff, but dont think I will be able to get to the same size as the kyosho, as the center diff uses the spur to seal the case

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.