Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You will want buggy motor.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ofna offers premounted slicks and treaded tires on white rims.

http://www.ofna.com/tires-onroad.php

Anybody out there know if the tires are belted or not?

I made the kit tires belted by using duct tape and they worked well.
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Ultra GTP2e-ofna-tire-86505.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GaryA

Go with Sweeps, IGT Hobbies carries them or go with PMTs, FG Supply carries them. Don't waste your money on the OFNA tires. PMTs and Sweeps both come premounted, you'll definitely appreciated that. Good Luck!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Go with Sweeps, IGT Hobbies carries them or go with PMTs, FG Supply carries them. Don't waste your money on the OFNA tires. PMTs and Sweeps both come premounted, you'll definitely appreciated that. Good Luck!
+1 for the sweeps I've been happy with them, although it is a bit warm here for the shore I am running. The ipanema's seem to be popular too, but I haven't tried them yet. The kit tires actually worked pretty well (bought my kit used so I didn't have to glue them.) Although the glue didn't hold up to the power, foam shifted and now they are way out of balance.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The ones that come mounted are unbelted, but you can get the tires belted or unbelted and mount them yourself.
http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-TIRES_c_211.html

Also, as for Sweeps, we are starting to get the 55 Shores in for the summer heat. Slicks are here and treaded are on their way.
http://www.igthobbies.com/55-SHORE_c_252.html
Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does OFNA plan to make any RTR 1/8 brushless buggy, truggy, or GTP ?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rear center cv ?

I know theres a front center cv for the gtp, it's from a mugen x6 muge0223,but has anyone found one for the rear ?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
Does OFNA plan to make any RTR 1/8 brushless buggy, truggy, or GTP ?
Everything I'm aware of from OFNA is ARR. Supply your own electronics.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ordered some 50 shore Sweeps today from IGT Hobbies. A couple of guys at the Fantasy World track in Tacoma are running the 45 shore slicks. They seem to hook up great and wear very well.

I have been running some Ipanema 45s. The wider rear tire looks cool and makes a lot of sense from a traction and wear point of view. But for me, the car seemed to slide around more. I was at least a 1/2 second a lap faster with the kit tires, which is surprising. Plus, the Ipanemas kind of shred quickly on the FW track (cleaned parking lot track treated with Mountain Dew).

Maybe after a few runs on the Sweeps I'll give you guys a short report.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok maybe someone can help me with this problem. I keep breaking the rear diff gear and breaking the teeth off the gear that drives the diff. Gear.. meaning the gear that goes thru the diff cases and the coupler attaches to... so both gear keep shreading. Thanks in advance
Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ordered some 50 shore Sweeps today from IGT Hobbies. A couple of guys at the Fantasy World track in Tacoma are running the 45 shore slicks. They seem to hook up great and wear very well.

I have been running some Ipanema 45s. The wider rear tire looks cool and makes a lot of sense from a traction and wear point of view. But for me, the car seemed to slide around more. I was at least a 1/2 second a lap faster with the kit tires, which is surprising. Plus, the Ipanemas kind of shred quickly on the FW track (cleaned parking lot track treated with Mountain Dew).

Maybe after a few runs on the Sweeps I'll give you guys a short report.
Hi GaryA,

Are you running the Ipanema 45's on your E car? And for the guys running the 45's at the fantasy world track are they on NITRO or E cars as well? I ask as that shore compound regardless of what manufacturer they're from don't do very well with the hotter temps we have down here in SoCal when run on our E cars. Although, in colder weather, they do pretty well. In the Nitro cars the softer shore compounds still work as it's not as easy to overheat them.

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I decided to grab one of these as a companion to my 1/8 buggy. My main use is just playing around on the street and top speed runs. My problems are as follows. Any help well be greatly appreciated:

1) This thing handles terribly. What kind of suspension mods are you guys doing?

2) I do have the center diff but can't seem to get the setup correct in terms of fluid. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DanielD
Ok maybe someone can help me with this problem. I keep breaking the rear diff gear and breaking the teeth off the gear that drives the diff. Gear.. meaning the gear that goes thru the diff cases and the coupler attaches to... so both gear keep shreading. Thanks in advance
You may want to replace the diff case. There may be a problem there. There is also a hardened ring gear available. Part# 31010 Are you circuit racing? What system are you using?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D Starks
You may want to replace the diff case. There may be a problem there. There is also a hardened ring gear available. Part# 31010 Are you circuit racing? What system are you using?
If you he goes with the hardened ones he'll need to also change the front as the E has a different ratio, and he'll have tto change both pinions too,either way make sure you shimm the pinion gear to the ring gear
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joat
If you he goes with the hardened ones he'll need to also change the front as the E has a different ratio, and he'll have tto change both pinions too,either way make sure you shimm the pinion gear to the ring gear
31010 has same ratio as stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.