R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #796
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldivinag View Post
%Tower finally got back to about special ordering the thunder tiger Subaru bodies.



If anyone is interested PM me and ill ask them about making multiple orders... say by the end of this week, like Friday...
You better check the wheelbase, my eb4 xsara body is shorter then the shortest wheel base I could run, front caster set to max, rear pbs both spacers behind the arm, I ended up milling the arm so that I could but another thin spacer, the pbs has 2 types thick and thin, ones like 3mm, the other is 4, I milled it so that I could run 3 thin spacers behind the arm, just to get the wheelbase close to fit the body, I gotta get a new camera, but I am not sure what the wheel base is on the subaru, or what it is on a stock gtp, not a 2, I have the older blue chassis gtp not sure what the 2 is wheel base wise?
Width wise, I already had my car narrowed, so I ended up adjusting the suspension wider and my tires still tuck, I am may put stock length arms back on and check,I have some somewhere gotta see if I can find them, I really wish someone would come out with the current sti hatch?
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #797
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
sorry to step in but i have been checking around on the net and can not find a sure answer.

i have a ofna mbx from the ultra line...which the gpt is from the ultra line as well. i am wondering if i can buy a brushless kit that converts the gtp to electric using my buggy?

any help would be great. thanks arick
Ofna sells a complete kit, ,new chassis /mount battery tray etc,
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Or you get the rc-monster mount,
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=rcmgtpmount
and piece meal everything else, you need , or you could do it the way I did,
Spend $2k and make your own mount and whatever else you want
Oh on another note for the guys running a center spool and want a different gear other then the 51t, I saw that someone posted about using a a revo gear and a modded center spool gear holder ? can someone post a link to the revo gear(s) ? I might be able to make a small run of new gear holders?
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #798
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Ofna sells a complete kit, ,new chassis /mount battery tray etc,
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Or you get the rc-monster mount,
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...od=rcmgtpmount
and piece meal everything else, you need , or you could do it the way I did,
Spend $2k and make your own mount and whatever else you want
i used rc-monsters brushless calulator
http://www.rc-monster.com/brushless/basic.html

but the dirt guard /battery trays are not listed on the sites page... witch if it was one piece i would love it.but i may order the linked ofna gtp setup you linked me to.

i just hope the diff cases work.

i understand the 2k setup you have ... i have a savage xl that i am converting to electric... and that 2k wouldn't cover the two eninges and all the nitro crap i gave way. -heck its a hobby -right..lol
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:44 AM   #799
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
i used rc-monsters brushless calulator
http://www.rc-monster.com/brushless/basic.html

but the dirt guard /battery trays are not listed on the sites page... witch if it was one piece i would love it.but i may order the linked ofna gtp setup you linked me to.

i just hope the diff cases work.

i understand the 2k setup you have ... i have a savage xl that i am converting to electric... and that 2k wouldn't cover the two eninges and all the nitro crap i gave way. -heck its a hobby -right..lol
The ultras havent changed in years, a ultra is a ultra , I have a older blue chassis one, I bought the 4mm cnc chassis they had years ago, so I wanted to use that chassis, and I didnt care for the rc-monster 2 bolt mount, to close together for my taste,and I like the ofna style ,but the spacing is different,and I wasnt about to ghetto my cnc chassis, plus the ofna one wont let you run larger the a 25t pinoin?unless you run a smaller spur? so I made my own to fit the narrower bolt spacing plus use a 3 bolt down, and made mine able to slide the motor over 40% more.
Oh and the 2k wasnt for parts, it was for the mill I bought and everything I needed with it, that does not include material time, oh lots and lots of time, plus anything like a esc or motor,.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #800
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
The ultras havent changed in years, a ultra is a ultra , I have a older blue chassis one, I bought the 4mm cnc chassis they had years ago, so I wanted to use that chassis, and I didnt care for the rc-monster 2 bolt mount, to close together for my taste,and I like the ofna style ,but the spacing is different,and I wasnt about to ghetto my cnc chassis, plus the ofna one wont let you run larger the a 25t pinoin?unless you run a smaller spur? so I made my own to fit the narrower bolt spacing plus use a 3 bolt down, and made mine able to slide the motor over 40% more.
Oh and the 2k wasnt for parts, it was for the mill I bought and everything I needed with it, that does not include material time, oh lots and lots of time, plus anything like a esc or motor,.
i am really considering the ofna setup i plan to drop it on the track but with the ultra series i am not looking to toss a lot down on it nor win every race.
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #801
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
i am really considering the ofna setup i plan to drop it on the track but with the ultra series i am not looking to toss a lot down on it nor win every race.
You could hit up SNR , for his carbon chassis and buy just the ofna mount and piece meal everything from there ?
http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php...236c8aece0d2dd
http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN30...UNT_p_808.html
I would buy for IGT, free shipping, and really helpful guy, even to me in Hawaii!
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #802
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

i didn't see the carbon kit, igt has some cool stuff!

and i like your location...

snr just loaded! kick azz!
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #803
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

i want a snr gtp 2e ! but how do you mount the batteries.... not on the cheap looking plastic mud guards do you?/... that would look cheap on a killer chassis, and other carbon parts from them
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #804
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
i didn't see the carbon kit, igt has some cool stuff!

and i like your location...
Yeah if I didnt have my cnc chassis I would have went with the SNR carbon one, and still may if I build another one?
Oh my location, yeah ,um, heres my workcenter ,

10ft long, 30" deep, 70" tall
My small box at work just for vehicle service

I dont have one of my mill and that tool box
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #805
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

man they would hate me to use the student pricing on that closet!-lol

30years old and i can say student-lol "chicks dig it" -very nice!
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #806
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
man they would hate me to use the student pricing on that closet!-lol

30years old and i can say student-lol "chicks dig it" -very nice!
I dont think you can do student pricing on large boxes?some like the epiq series , I dont I like the master series.
On the conversion, it's really up to you, but if your thinking of doing the SNR carbon, hit him up, he works for OFNA,but pretty sure he would tell you almost everything will fit , oh , get a PBS rear setup if you dont already have one, and the torsion swaybars are sweet too.
This has both the pbs rear and the torsion swaybars, in 1 kit .
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
If you already have the pbs rear .
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
I would hit up bill from IGT and see if he can get them? I didnt see them listed, but I am sure he can and he should list them on his site too
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #807
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: socal
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to navyeoseabee
Default

very cool, i will hit him up, we live pretty close since ofna is in irvine,ca and i am in san deigo.

thanks for you help and i subscribed to the thread so i will be back -thank you arick
__________________
lets just bash!
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 AM   #808
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On the SNAPON TRUCK
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyeoseabee View Post
very cool, i will hit him up, we live pretty close since ofna is in irvine,ca and i am in san deigo.

thanks for you help and i subscribed to the thread so i will be back -thank you arick
Yeah,but you gotta pay taxes if you buy locally?My bro live in san diego
Oh and for subscribing, once you post/reply in a thread it's automatic?
GL with your build/project let us know which and what direction you go.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #809
Tech Fanatic
 
the5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central,NJ
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to the5
Default

Mine is for sale-

FS: NEW OFNA Ultra GTP-2e 1/8th Electric 4WD On Road Sedan

Joat you have pm
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #810
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lillington,NC
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Gas conversion with manual brakes

Heres the build im working on.

__________________
Serpent 811BE w/ Tekin RX8 and 1900kv
Serpent Cobra E w/Tekin RX8 and 2050kv
Serpent 411LE w/Tekin RX8 with 5700kv Castle Creations (for now)
Motonica P81 RS Electron w/Tekin RX8 and 1900kv
Motonica P81 RS.2 Electron w/Tekin RX8 and 2050kv
DanielD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0