Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

treborwd22
Thank you for the setup
Did you change the roll center at all (upper and lower hing pins) ???

Thanks again
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
treborwd22
Thank you for the setup
Did you change the roll center at all (upper and lower hing pins) ???

Thanks again
No... I left that alone
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey there Trebor... I wanted a cool car car so I've been collecting the following:

OFNA GTP2E
Tekin RX8 2250Kv w/Hotwire
Hitec HS-7945TH
Sweep 50SH white 6ix Packs
RCM 30T & 24T pinions
igthobbies 350Z Calsonic (completed)
Thunder Power G6 6S 5000Mah + EC5 connectors
Futaba 4PL
Garmin Forerunner 301

The original clear body that comes with the GTP2E kit is being professionally airbrushed and every one of these items is in its box, brand new and ready to be put together when I get back from the Coast Guard patrol I am on right now. The Storm last night brought winds to 80Mph!!

Last edited by drpower; 03-03-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drpower
Hey there Trebor... I wanted a cool car car so I've been collecting the following:

OFNA GTP2E
Tekin RX8 2250Kv w/Hotwire
Hitec HS-7945TH
Sweep 50SH white 6ix Packs
RCM 30T & 24T pinions
igthobbies 350Z Calsonic (completed)
Thunder Power G6 6S 5000Mah + EC5 connectors
Futaba 4PL
Garmin Forerunner 301

The original clear body that comes with the GTP2E kit is being professionally airbrushed and every one of these items is in its box, brand new and ready to be put together when I get back from the Coast Guard patrol I am on right now. The Storm last night brought winds to 80Mph!!
Awsome man!!! Looks like its going to be a good setup. 30t with the 6s lipo WOW! Watch out you dont tear up the diffs with all that instant power As for the 80mph winds I know what you mean. I was stationed in Bremerton WA and would spend weeks in the water where your at about 100 miles outside Vancouver and its not fun. Got to strap yourself in your rack when the winds are that high because of the swells.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Steve (snrscion)!!! I just got my front and rear shock towers
I will post picks later tonight.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

DrPower, you also need a datalogger to see what your system is doing. Your battery, motor and 30T pinion combo is something you have to be careful with. You really want to see what your battery is doing under that crazy load. Additional caps will ease the stress on the ESC and improve your braking. You allready spend a ton of money on good parts, spend a little more on the logger and see where you stand power wise.

Things you can achieve with a logger:
See voltage drop under load.
See amp draw with different gearing.
Total mah used.
Voltage increase during braking. Very important!
You can also add temp sensors, brushless motor sensor, gps etc.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by snellemin
DrPower, you also need a datalogger to see what your system is doing. Your battery, motor and 30T pinion combo is something you have to be careful with. You really want to see what your battery is doing under that crazy load. Additional caps will ease the stress on the ESC and improve your braking. You allready spend a ton of money on good parts, spend a little more on the logger and see where you stand power wise.

Things you can achieve with a logger:
See voltage drop under load.
See amp draw with different gearing.
Total mah used.
Voltage increase during braking. Very important!
You can also add temp sensors, brushless motor sensor, gps etc.

I forgot to add that I also bought a Novak 5685 Power Trans Cap Module....what logger do you suggest. There is the Eagle Tree V4, and sometimes there are used V3 systems for sale. I was told at one point that the 150A version would be best. which sensors are recommended? I'm guessing: Brushless RPM, loop temp & micro temp, or maybe two Micro temps instead?, servo current-monitor

what about the novak sentry data logger I just read there is a pro version

Last edited by drpower; 03-04-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drpower
I forgot to add that I also bought a Novak 5685 Power Trans Cap Module....what logger do you suggest. There is the Eagle Tree V4, and sometimes there are used V3 systems for sale. I was told at one point that the 150A version would be best. which sensors are recommended? I'm guessing: Brushless RPM, loop temp & micro temp, or maybe two Micro temps instead?, servo current-monitor

what about the novak sentry data logger I just read there is a pro version
I've blown the leads off single caps before. I recommend two caps instead. The one I recommend to most people is the 10 cap bank you can get from offshoreelectrics.
The new Eagltree V4 150A logger is what you want. In the beginning I used the temp sensor alot, but after a while I knew what to expect temp wise. There is no need for the servo current monitor, but it's nice to have.
Temps I monitor are from the ESC and battery. Warmer battery has less resistance, thus putting out more power.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Ok.... Here is the GTP2e with the carbon upgrades from SNR-Graphite

Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW !!! I like your car !!!!
Do you have the snr chassis also ??
Do you know how much weight the snr stuff took off ??
Thank you
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
WOW !!! I like your car !!!!
Do you have the snr chassis also ??
Do you know how much weight the snr stuff took off ??
Thank you
No... No chassis yet. I did not weigh the stock parts vs. the carbon fiber. Sorry, I did it more for looks and the rear offers more adjustability vs. the stock shock tower.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default GTP Conversion

I have a 1/8 Jammin' X1 nitro buggy and I would like to convert it into a GTP, I know I can get a kit to convert nitro to electric. Will OFNA's or is there a kit that will convert my buggy into a GTP?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
I have a 1/8 Jammin' X1 nitro buggy and I would like to convert it into a GTP, I know I can get a kit to convert nitro to electric. Will OFNA's or is there a kit that will convert my buggy into a GTP?
I just got done converting my Jammin X2 to a GT car. I sent you a PM with a link to my build thread on RC-Monster.

There is no kit available to convert the Jammin buggy to a GT car, but it is very easy to do with a few Inferno GT parts, which bolt right on or only require slight mod. You can find all the parts I used in my build thread, or send me a PM back and I'll make a list.

Depending on what you have to buy it might make sense to convert, or it might be more economical to buy a GTP or DM-1 instead. For me I never ran my buggy off-road much anymore, but still had a nice CF chassis to use and a ton of parts, so I decided to convert my Jammin so I'd still be able to put those to use.

The 1/8 GT electric thread has tons of good info on conversions and all other GTs: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-electric.html

Last edited by simplechamp; 03-06-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Tekno has a kit for the X2, I didn't see one for the X1 but I could be wrong. I was going to convert my 9.5 MBX at one point as well, and found that for $200 the GTP2E was a no brainer and smarter platform to start with... although the buggy I had left a little to be desired so it was an easy decision. After months of building I'm happy with what the result will be, and the 9.5 is still available to annoy the neighbors some lol Let us know if you find a kit or what you do.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

simplechamp thanks,

I ordered my Ultra GTP2 today at my LHS should be here Thursday I also ordered a Tekin RX8 BL 1/8 SYS MTR 2650KV. Which battery should I buy 3S or 4S?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.