Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
While it’s easy to see the total hatred in your posts towards Ipanema because of your preferred brand or hobby shop association, our GT race results tell the true story.

The posting of GT racing results, offering race proven products and providing race information to those interested in having fun at our upcoming GT Only events is hardly being insecure.
I posted what I did because you called our track in Austin an "unreal" track. No one in this area will be supporting any race that is organized by you. You have done nothing but disimprove the club racing aspect of this class.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

+1

Hope you decide to race at the event too!
I don't have the time to actually participate in a race. I work 6 days a week and have 3 kids that keep me busy.

This weekend I'll try to make time to measure power differences between the GRP and Ipanema tires in my other Power hog GTP.

Reference is with the Ofna Blue foam tires that peaked at 2668W and pulling around 2200W under load.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by treborwd22
I posted what I did because you called our track in Austin an "unreal" track. No one in this area will be supporting any race that is organized by you. You have done nothing but disimprove the club racing aspect of this class.
Sorry you feel that way, maybe you'll change your mind before October, the invite for your group is open. This is a big GT race opportunity for you guys in Austin to attend and have fun with the rest of us too.

In the mean time, those who are interested can read some GT racing customer testimonials here.

Have fun!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snellemin
I don't have the time to actually participate in a race. I work 6 days a week and have 3 kids that keep me busy.

This weekend I'll try to make time to measure power differences between the GRP and Ipanema tires in my other Power hog GTP.

Reference is with the Ofna Blue foam tires that peaked at 2668W and pulling around 2200W under load.
Thats cool, family is always 1st.

What shore Ipanema slicks will you be running?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Last edited by Paul Whalen; 03-04-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul Whalen
Well I ordered the sweep tires, also the ofna tires linked on the other site, and a Subaru Impreza body from Igt hobbies. They sent me a email that everything BUT the sticker kit for the Impreza is OUT OF STOCK and on backorder. I can understand if one thing ran out in the last day or two but not the entire order.

I haven't ran into these kind of business tactics since dealing with Chris at Fine Design. I just asked for refund and it was issued quickly....but still....
You can try....

www.winnerscirclerc.com
www.brucknerhobbies.com

They should be able to hook you up.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry you feel that way, maybe you'll change your mind before October, the invite for your group is open. This is a big GT race opportunity for you guys in Austin to attend and have fun with the rest of us too.

In the mean time, those who are interested can read some GT racing customer testimonials here.

Have fun!
Your a joke
I will never take part of any race or product that you endorse. As for your invite for your race in Oct, no thanks. You really need to be careful of how you treat people because its your attitude that turns people away from your product and events. Sad.... When you google Jeff Vargas Ipanema the forth link down you will find this....

Originally Posted by bassman2
Hi Victor,
I hope things are going well with you. I know I've made a promise to you at the GT Nationals that I'll be attending the 2011 GT World Championship. Unfortunately, as of now I am not able to make it because Jeff Vargas from Ipanema had "banned" me of attending to the race due to the fact that I represent Ipanema's competitor company. He said that it is Ipanema racing event therefore he can change rules any time he wants. Very sad........I hope he can come around and learn how to be a better person in general. It was very nice to race with you in the past and good luck in the race in Mexico City.

Take care,

Andy
So how are you supporting GT8 racing when you ban good people like Andy (Who now races at our "unreal" track) because of a choice thats not the same as yours???

Last edited by treborwd22; 03-03-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

trebow,

That "quote" you posted was made by Andy Liu sponsored racer of a competitor after our 2010 US Gt Nationals. He made several false statments because of a poor performance at the event and to please his sponsor.

Dude, instead of you grasping at straws, I'll leave you with this.......

Our race in October is in your back yard for a reason. Have a great summer racing season and when its all over, the Ipanema 2011 US GT Nationals will be race to attend if you want to prove how fast you & your stuff really is.

The fastest GT racers in North America will be there.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=rcwck;8734481]
Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I guess it all depends on your driving skills. I haven't broken anything and I'm a pretty bad driver. I did bend the Tekno chassis once early on but since then it's been a rock solid rig.

I would recommend the following upgrade if it's available for the GTP2e:

Lower Control Arm Pin Holder (I'm not sure if this fits the GTP2E). You would need 4 of them.

If you're refering to MAX VELOCITY RACING MVR12682 ALUMINUM LOWER PIN HOLDER save $100 and the return shipping because they do not fit the GTP Ultra 2E. I just returned mine to Bill at GTI. Dunno what they fit cause they are too small.

I guess I should have said if it "fits the GTP2E" and not use "available". It's actually made for the DM-1 Spec. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul Whalen
Well I ordered the sweep tires, also the ofna tires linked on the other site, and a Subaru Impreza body from Igt hobbies. They sent me a email that everything BUT the sticker kit for the Impreza is OUT OF STOCK and on backorder. I can understand if one thing ran out in the last day or two but not the entire order.

I haven't ran into these kind of business tactics since dealing with Chris at Fine Design. I just asked for refund and it was issued quickly....but still....
Why do you refer to it as "business tactics"?? I've bought quite a few things from IGT and there have been no problems. Did I miss something?? The GT8 is a fast growing class, so things are going to run out....I would imagine. Just my .02.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

trebow,
The fastest GT racers in North America will be there.
No.... They will be here in Austin Tx. Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thats cool, family is always 1st.

What shore Ipanema slicks will you be running?
I currently only have the GT Radial Street 50 shore tires. They work very well on concrete and blacktop. I just wish they lasted a bit longer. Gets expensive quickly, but it cost money to go fast. I'm guessing the slicks last longer. Where can I get the 65 shore tires from?
My buddy decided today to help me out and he'll run his GTP with a 1D 4100kv 1515 motor. Batteries will be A123's and Acepow Lipo's. His tires will be PMT and sweeps. Results will be posted on FormulaDRC.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Last edited by Paul Whalen; 03-04-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is it me, or did this thread just turn into a soap opera? You guys should be glad you get to race, I live on Vancouver Island, BC and there are no sponsors, tracks, or any interest in GT class (or any class really). I bought the GTP2E and added all the best goodies for what? because it's a Hobby and it's suppose to be fun!... I would also like to add that I ordered from igthobbies and they sent me exactly what I wanted, quickly, and for a good price.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drpower
Is it me, or did this thread just turn into a soap opera? You guys should be glad you get to race, I live on Vancouver Island, BC and there are no sponsors, tracks, or any interest in GT class (or any class really). I bought the GTP2E and added all the best goodies for what? because it's a Hobby and it's suppose to be fun!... I would also like to add that I ordered from igthobbies and they sent me exactly what I wanted, quickly, and for a good price.
Sorry about all the drama. What are all the best goodies you added???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.