R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #556
Tech Adept
 
treborwd22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kyle, Tx
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
While itís easy to see the total hatred in your posts towards Ipanema because of your preferred brand or hobby shop association, our GT race results tell the true story.

The posting of GT racing results, offering race proven products and providing race information to those interested in having fun at our upcoming GT Only events is hardly being insecure.
I posted what I did because you called our track in Austin an "unreal" track. No one in this area will be supporting any race that is organized by you. You have done nothing but disimprove the club racing aspect of this class.
__________________
Team Associated Tc6 "Blinky"
Xray T2 Exotek "Spec GT Class"
Ofna GTP2e w/Tekin RX8 2250kv
Losi SCTE
Spektrum DX3r Pro
treborwd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #557
Tech Regular
 
snellemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
+1

Hope you decide to race at the event too!
I don't have the time to actually participate in a race. I work 6 days a week and have 3 kids that keep me busy.

This weekend I'll try to make time to measure power differences between the GRP and Ipanema tires in my other Power hog GTP.

Reference is with the Ofna Blue foam tires that peaked at 2668W and pulling around 2200W under load.
__________________
6 KiloWatt Racer
GTP-1515 2700kv+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-C50-Maxx+modded RSpro.
RCM CRT.5 Neu 1506 6800kv+MMM.
snellemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #558
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborwd22 View Post
I posted what I did because you called our track in Austin an "unreal" track. No one in this area will be supporting any race that is organized by you. You have done nothing but disimprove the club racing aspect of this class.
Sorry you feel that way, maybe you'll change your mind before October, the invite for your group is open. This is a big GT race opportunity for you guys in Austin to attend and have fun with the rest of us too.

In the mean time, those who are interested can read some GT racing customer testimonials here.

Have fun!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #559
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
I don't have the time to actually participate in a race. I work 6 days a week and have 3 kids that keep me busy.

This weekend I'll try to make time to measure power differences between the GRP and Ipanema tires in my other Power hog GTP.

Reference is with the Ofna Blue foam tires that peaked at 2668W and pulling around 2200W under load.
Thats cool, family is always 1st.

What shore Ipanema slicks will you be running?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #560
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,020
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

...

Last edited by Paul Whalen; 03-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Paul Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #561
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Whalen View Post
Well I ordered the sweep tires, also the ofna tires linked on the other site, and a Subaru Impreza body from Igt hobbies. They sent me a email that everything BUT the sticker kit for the Impreza is OUT OF STOCK and on backorder. I can understand if one thing ran out in the last day or two but not the entire order.

I haven't ran into these kind of business tactics since dealing with Chris at Fine Design. I just asked for refund and it was issued quickly....but still....
You can try....

www.winnerscirclerc.com
www.brucknerhobbies.com

They should be able to hook you up.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #562
Tech Adept
 
treborwd22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kyle, Tx
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Sorry you feel that way, maybe you'll change your mind before October, the invite for your group is open. This is a big GT race opportunity for you guys in Austin to attend and have fun with the rest of us too.

In the mean time, those who are interested can read some GT racing customer testimonials here.

Have fun!
Your a joke
I will never take part of any race or product that you endorse. As for your invite for your race in Oct, no thanks. You really need to be careful of how you treat people because its your attitude that turns people away from your product and events. Sad.... When you google Jeff Vargas Ipanema the forth link down you will find this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Hi Victor,
I hope things are going well with you. I know I've made a promise to you at the GT Nationals that I'll be attending the 2011 GT World Championship. Unfortunately, as of now I am not able to make it because Jeff Vargas from Ipanema had "banned" me of attending to the race due to the fact that I represent Ipanema's competitor company. He said that it is Ipanema racing event therefore he can change rules any time he wants. Very sad........I hope he can come around and learn how to be a better person in general. It was very nice to race with you in the past and good luck in the race in Mexico City.

Take care,

Andy
So how are you supporting GT8 racing when you ban good people like Andy (Who now races at our "unreal" track) because of a choice thats not the same as yours???
__________________
Team Associated Tc6 "Blinky"
Xray T2 Exotek "Spec GT Class"
Ofna GTP2e w/Tekin RX8 2250kv
Losi SCTE
Spektrum DX3r Pro

Last edited by treborwd22; 03-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.
treborwd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #563
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

trebow,

That "quote" you posted was made by Andy Liu sponsored racer of a competitor after our 2010 US Gt Nationals. He made several false statments because of a poor performance at the event and to please his sponsor.

Dude, instead of you grasping at straws, I'll leave you with this.......

Our race in October is in your back yard for a reason. Have a great summer racing season and when its all over, the Ipanema 2011 US GT Nationals will be race to attend if you want to prove how fast you & your stuff really is.

The fastest GT racers in North America will be there.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #564
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,076
Default

[QUOTE=rcwck;8734481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I guess it all depends on your driving skills. I haven't broken anything and I'm a pretty bad driver. I did bend the Tekno chassis once early on but since then it's been a rock solid rig.

I would recommend the following upgrade if it's available for the GTP2e:

Lower Control Arm Pin Holder (I'm not sure if this fits the GTP2E). You would need 4 of them.


If you're refering to MAX VELOCITY RACING MVR12682 ALUMINUM LOWER PIN HOLDER save $100 and the return shipping because they do not fit the GTP Ultra 2E. I just returned mine to Bill at GTI. Dunno what they fit cause they are too small.

I guess I should have said if it "fits the GTP2E" and not use "available". It's actually made for the DM-1 Spec. Sorry for the confusion.
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #565
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Whalen View Post
Well I ordered the sweep tires, also the ofna tires linked on the other site, and a Subaru Impreza body from Igt hobbies. They sent me a email that everything BUT the sticker kit for the Impreza is OUT OF STOCK and on backorder. I can understand if one thing ran out in the last day or two but not the entire order.

I haven't ran into these kind of business tactics since dealing with Chris at Fine Design. I just asked for refund and it was issued quickly....but still....
Why do you refer to it as "business tactics"?? I've bought quite a few things from IGT and there have been no problems. Did I miss something?? The GT8 is a fast growing class, so things are going to run out....I would imagine. Just my .02.
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #566
Tech Adept
 
treborwd22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kyle, Tx
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
trebow,
The fastest GT racers in North America will be there.
No.... They will be here in Austin Tx. Good Luck.
__________________
Team Associated Tc6 "Blinky"
Xray T2 Exotek "Spec GT Class"
Ofna GTP2e w/Tekin RX8 2250kv
Losi SCTE
Spektrum DX3r Pro
treborwd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #567
Tech Regular
 
snellemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Thats cool, family is always 1st.

What shore Ipanema slicks will you be running?
I currently only have the GT Radial Street 50 shore tires. They work very well on concrete and blacktop. I just wish they lasted a bit longer. Gets expensive quickly, but it cost money to go fast. I'm guessing the slicks last longer. Where can I get the 65 shore tires from?
My buddy decided today to help me out and he'll run his GTP with a 1D 4100kv 1515 motor. Batteries will be A123's and Acepow Lipo's. His tires will be PMT and sweeps. Results will be posted on FormulaDRC.
__________________
6 KiloWatt Racer
GTP-1515 2700kv+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-C50-Maxx+modded RSpro.
RCM CRT.5 Neu 1506 6800kv+MMM.
snellemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #568
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,020
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

....

Last edited by Paul Whalen; 03-04-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Paul Whalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #569
Tech Addict
 
drpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BC,Canada
Posts: 531
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Is it me, or did this thread just turn into a soap opera? You guys should be glad you get to race, I live on Vancouver Island, BC and there are no sponsors, tracks, or any interest in GT class (or any class really). I bought the GTP2E and added all the best goodies for what? because it's a Hobby and it's suppose to be fun!... I would also like to add that I ordered from igthobbies and they sent me exactly what I wanted, quickly, and for a good price.
drpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #570
Tech Adept
 
treborwd22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kyle, Tx
Posts: 117
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpower View Post
Is it me, or did this thread just turn into a soap opera? You guys should be glad you get to race, I live on Vancouver Island, BC and there are no sponsors, tracks, or any interest in GT class (or any class really). I bought the GTP2E and added all the best goodies for what? because it's a Hobby and it's suppose to be fun!... I would also like to add that I ordered from igthobbies and they sent me exactly what I wanted, quickly, and for a good price.
Sorry about all the drama. What are all the best goodies you added???
__________________
Team Associated Tc6 "Blinky"
Xray T2 Exotek "Spec GT Class"
Ofna GTP2e w/Tekin RX8 2250kv
Losi SCTE
Spektrum DX3r Pro
treborwd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0