R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #1606
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
About to purchase one of these. Can someone confirm that the largest pinion a GTP2e can accommodate with further modifications. Is it 28 or 29? I have heard that a 29t is difficult to mesh.

Also, what kind of speed should I expect with a 28 pinion, 2100kv motor, and 6s? and 4s?

Thank you in advance. First choice was DM1 but leaning towards this now.

But I like the lightweight chassis to include the holes to cool down the motor..
Bump. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can answer my concerns on the above quote.

Thank you in advance.
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #1607
Tech Apprentice
 
Davewhitegt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Bump. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can answer my concerns on the above quote.

Thank you in advance.
As far as your speed, you never specified what size spur gear you were using, I'm assuming that's why no one replied. It would be impossible to figure out. As for the pinion, I'm using a 30t, I've heard of people using up to a 34t. The 34t will have a higher top speed, but you're gonna need a longer distance for the speed run. The 30t will get you to it's top speed quicker in a shorter distance, however it will be slightly slower. I know I'm new, but I think I know enough on this subject. If I'm wrong, please somebody let me know so I'm not giving bad advice.
Davewhitegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #1608
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewhitegt View Post
As far as your speed, you never specified what size spur gear you were using, I'm assuming that's why no one replied. It would be impossible to figure out. As for the pinion, I'm using a 30t, I've heard of people using up to a 34t. The 34t will have a higher top speed, but you're gonna need a longer distance for the speed run. The 30t will get you to it's top speed quicker in a shorter distance, however it will be slightly slower. I know I'm new, but I think I know enough on this subject. If I'm wrong, please somebody let me know so I'm not giving bad advice.
Sorry but I meant for the stock spur.

Also with these conversions to accommodate these oversized pinions, what kind of runtimes are to be expected, due to the heat it generates?

Also, would a DM-1 would be more durable then a gtp2e?

Last edited by ducatiti; 01-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #1609
Tech Apprentice
 
Davewhitegt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quick question is anyone balancing their on road wheels for high speed runs? Or is that just for the off road guys? I'm running the pre mounted GRP wheel/tires. Just not sure if I should spend the money. Best value for the dollar one looks to me the aka hand held balancer that comes with the putty.
Davewhitegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #1610
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 12
Default

has anyone hit speeds of 120 with this car yet? been looking at building something to do 110-120mph.
Scott_XO_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #1611
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_XO_Killer View Post
has anyone hit speeds of 120 with this car yet? been looking at building something to do 110-120mph.

look on youtube one guys cracked 140-142 mph
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #1612
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Ordered one today from Tower. Received tracking info indicating that I will be receiving it tomorrow...Yes! Bought a 25t pinion, hopefully it will fit with the stock spur. I already have 17, 18, 19, and 20t...... What king of speeds should I expect with a 25t pinion, 6s, and a 2100kv motor?
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #1613
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Ordered one today from Tower. Received tracking info indicating that I will be receiving it tomorrow...Yes! Bought a 25t pinion, hopefully it will fit with the stock spur. I already have 17, 18, 19, and 20t...... What king of speeds should I expect with a 25t pinion, 6s, and a 2100kv motor?
theres a speed calculator somwhere where you can punch in your info and tell u differnt speeds using differnt gears and power and system setup

also if you have any matching 2s like your 3s I suggest trying 4 or 5s first and start with small gear because the torque is gonna make those tires rip apart the minute you go full throttle also u dont wanna smoke your system throwin the 25t on 6s out the box .
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #1614
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
theres a speed calculator somwhere where you can punch in your info and tell u differnt speeds using differnt gears and power and system setup

also if you have any matching 2s like your 3s I suggest trying 4 or 5s first and start with small gear because the torque is gonna make those tires rip apart the minute you go full throttle also u dont wanna smoke your system throwin the 25t on 6s out the box .
Thanks Flo. I was already planning to start off with an 18t pinion and 4s.

So when are going to send me one of your bodies? Just think of it that you are helping a friend in need. Lol.
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1615
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

So which Grp tires/wheels should I buy for general bashing and would last longer? Please confirm that these would be better than sweep tires to include grip and durability.
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #1616
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

My new gtp2 has been delivered. Can't wait till I get home! I feel like a kid on Christmas Day once again!
ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #1617
Tech Apprentice
 
Davewhitegt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

You'd never know there was 8 ozs of lead under the bumbper.

Ofna Ultra GTP2e-photo-10.jpg

Ofna Ultra GTP2e-photo-12.jpg

Ofna Ultra GTP2e-photo-11.jpg
Davewhitegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1618
Tech Adept
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Thanks Flo. I was already planning to start off with an 18t pinion and 4s.

So when are going to send me one of your bodies? Just think of it that you are helping a friend in need. Lol.
shoot these bodies cost me almost as much as you paid for your gtp lol . just the decal sheet cost me $25
__________________
KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT1-E RCMoNSTeR CaSTLe2200 <> KYoSHo iNFeRNo GT2Ve Tekin 2650
oFNa LM DO CaRBoNFiBeR CaSTLe2650 <> TC4 FT
ZDRaCiNG TRuGGy <> HPI NiTRo RS4 .21oS
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #1619
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 147
Default

I ordered it yesterday from Tower and was delivered today. Talk about overnight delivery for free However, upon opening the package, there was not a body included! Great!

Should I contact Tower or Ofna? This really sucks.

I took some quick pictures and installed the foams and tires successfully. A big thanks to Jang's tutorial on the Ofna specific foams and tires.

I briefly compared the quality of the plastic used to the Duratrax DXR8-e. To my amazement, Duratrax plastics seemed like it was manufactured with a better quality material compared to the brittle looking parts of the Ofna. But then again, this is only the physical appearance.

Well here are some pictures:












ducatiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1620
Tech Master
 
Monteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

If the box was still sealed i would contact ofna, but if it was resealed i would talk to tower.
__________________
Cameron - Edmonton Canada

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0