Old 03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nice Pics !!
Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Got my T3'11 conversion kit and thought I'd share chassis pics. Left is the '11
I'ts interesting to note, that my Smokem T3 chassis is almost identical (same width etc) to the T3'11 except for some other cell tape slots and the single point steering.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omegaf
yea, it seems there is no way to stop it. i was only hoping that a higher ride height and stiffer springs would make it harder for the chassis to hit the ground. But if you say the setup is ok like this then i will leave it.

i don't understand why the cars are made like this though. even my nitro cars are the same. you don't ever want the chassis to hit the ground because that would take weight off the wheels and cause loss of traction at best or the whole thing could end up flying in the air on a big bump. surely there has to be a way to control suspension travel?

Do you honestly think you are smarter then the engineer's who design these vehicles ?

Not tying to be an Ass, But really. Our cars are designed to " Chassis Slap " for good reasons.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yea, it seems there is no way to stop it. i was only hoping that a higher ride height and stiffer springs would make it harder for the chassis to hit the ground. But if you say the setup is ok like this then i will leave it.

i don't understand why the cars are made like this though. even my nitro cars are the same. you don't ever want the chassis to hit the ground because that would take weight off the wheels and cause loss of traction at best or the whole thing could end up flying in the air on a big bump. surely there has to be a way to control suspension travel?
In both cases you will have an infinite springrate, when the chassis hits the ground the springrate becomes infinite and when you want the suspension to be stiff enough for the chassis never hit the ground you will need an infinite springrate as well.

However when you make the suspension stiff enough so the chassis will never hit the ground handling will suffer tremendously. So the chassis hitting the ground now and then is the best option. You could reduce this to a minimum by tuning in the suspension (rideheight, springs and dampers) to perfection but when you clip a curb it will still scrape over the curb. If it doesn't you have your rideheight set to high.
If it never hits the ground you have your rideheight to high as well.

Just get used to the fact the chassis will be scratched after the first five minutes you ran the car.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mickrcarver

just some pics of my anodized Black (by owensracing) T3 2011
Straight dope!

(The funny part is, looking at those pictures i'm so used to blacked Xray's that I forgot they come orange and your car was any different. LOL)
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Today released new option parts
I used the new bulkhead clamps on the weekend, they're a great tuning option. Has anyone used arrowmax CVDs before? Just wondering how long they last, the price is nice

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Big thanks to Paul from Flying Fox for the aweswome gear Diff, first time running one I found it had a better feel, power out of corners and consistent throughout the whole run than a ball Diff which lead me to a state titles win.
It's a territory not a state! Well done tho bud
Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, ran the clamps last week... A massive improvement imo.

Gave me a LOT more grip. a big +1 from me.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Today released new option parts
When and where can I get these clamps?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Dusttt
When and where can I get these clamps?
I believe that RC America is set to receive some in their next shipment sometime this month!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gav-
Yeah, ran the clamps last week... A massive improvement imo.

Gave me a LOT more grip. a big +1 from me.
What hole & shims did you use gav?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
In both cases you will have an infinite springrate, when the chassis hits the ground the springrate becomes infinite and when you want the suspension to be stiff enough for the chassis never hit the ground you will need an infinite springrate as well.

However when you make the suspension stiff enough so the chassis will never hit the ground handling will suffer tremendously. So the chassis hitting the ground now and then is the best option. You could reduce this to a minimum by tuning in the suspension (rideheight, springs and dampers) to perfection but when you clip a curb it will still scrape over the curb. If it doesn't you have your rideheight set to high.
If it never hits the ground you have your rideheight to high as well.

Just get used to the fact the chassis will be scratched after the first five minutes you ran the car.
It is true to a certain extent. The chassis hitting the ground will definitely bounce off hard. However, when the suspension bottoms out and the spring compacts, the tyres still absorb part of the bump. it is a lot better to have the suspension bottom out and let the tyre absorb the bump than let the chassis take the hit. I do see your point though. I might try a simple mod for suspension travel if i can come up with a good idea.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

It is true to a certain extent. The chassis hitting the ground will definitely bounce off hard. However, when the suspension bottoms out and the spring compacts, the tyres still absorb part of the bump. it is a lot better to have the suspension bottom out and let the tyre absorb the bump than let the chassis take the hit. I do see your point though. I might try a simple mod for suspension travel if i can come up with a good idea.
If you don't want the chassis to hit the ground when the suspension bottoms out, put some washers on the shock shaft outside the shock body to limit the travel. Unnecessary in my opinion, along with many others but it should give a result close to what you want. We've limited the travel of the shocks back in the day with rubber o-rings to try to keep cars from traction rolling but not for keeping the chassis from bottoming out.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you trying to eliminate chassis scrape to keep your chassis looking brand new? If so, just buy a chassis protector. If you are doing it because you think it is bad for handling, well, putting any type of limiter on the shock or otherwise will have the same effect once the limiter is hit (just the same as if the chassis hit).

I guess I don't follow what you are trying to achieve.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.