Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
My setup is really really easy to drive on our lower bite track. For a higher bite track you may want to go up on the front shock oil a little. I also think I am running 2.8 front springs but cant remember if I have those on the sheet or its something Ive changes since then. Everyone at my track that has driven it loves the way it feels. Tons of steering, stable and carries great corner speed. Our track is very bumpy too and it eats the bumps up!!

EA
I haven't been able to find the 2.8 springs yet, but I haven't been looking real hard.

I'm pretty sure my setup dislikes are going to be in basic geometry.

Thanks for the input, I have a laundry list of things to try when I go practice Wednesday.

EDIT: Looking over EA's setup, the only thing I won't be able to try is the H1/H2 holders unless the LHS has them in stock Wednesday.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Spacing the Servo Saver

Anyone having an issue with correct spacing of the Servo Saver/Linkage between the top deck?

I'm using a full size Savox 1257 Servo and am not using the 1mm shim in between the saver (as shown in the manual). The servo saver side has plenty of space while the linkage side is about touching. It seems that the spine insert is pushing the saver to far to the linkage side. Also becasue the servo saver is so far to that side, the linkage is creating an angle where there is a very slight amount of binding. If I was able to move the servo saver back a little then all would be perfect.

Any options here? Perhaps a different servo saver?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Anyone having an issue with correct spacing of the Servo Saver/Linkage between the top deck?

I'm using a full size Savox 1257 Servo and am not using the 1mm shim in between the saver (as shown in the manual). The servo saver side has plenty of space while the linkage side is about touching. It seems that the spine insert is pushing the saver to far to the linkage side. Also becasue the servo saver is so far to that side, the linkage is creating an angle where there is a very slight amount of binding. If I was able to move the servo saver back a little then all would be perfect.

Add an appropriate amount of shims between the servo ears and servo posts. That should make things space out nicer.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
j86
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Add an appropriate amount of shims between the servo ears and servo posts. That should make things space out nicer.
I am running both servo post, I found it to fit better having shims on only 1 side of the servo post (the servo post closer to the front of the car).

Will there be any problems with this? In-terms of clearance, this allows me to have just enough clearance, I did not put shims on the other side of the servo post (closer to center of the car) because it would then angle the linkage (it is straight already now)
Old 12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

You want to make sure that if your not running the 1mm spacer on the back side that the saver isn't rubbing on the servo body itself, the spline is pretty deep and some have run into bind issues there as well.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:36 PM
j86
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
You want to make sure that if your not running the 1mm spacer on the back side that the saver isn't rubbing on the servo body itself, the spline is pretty deep and some have run into bind issues there as well.
this was posted in earlier pages, helped with building my t3

Originally Posted by aantonis
I posted this on the team xray forum.

If anyone is facing the same problem he can try this.

"I use a normal sized ERG-VZ on my electric cars. When I installed the new servo saver on, I found out that when i was tightening the servo screw the whole steering system was binding and when I undid it half a turn the steering linkage would free up. It wasn't long before I noticed that the plastic adapter's hole (K in my case) is too deep and it touches the servo body. So when you tighten the screw, it rubs against the servo body and binds the steering linkage. I got hold of a few 3x5 shims (unfortunately the common 3x6 don't fit) and placed them between the servo shaft and the plastic servo adapter.

So if you are facing problems with your sanwa servo (or any other servo), don't install the plastic shim that is shown on top of page 14 of the manual, (you don't need it) but instead use a few of these shims (I used 0.3mm in total) to set the proper top deck clearance and have a free moving steering linkage.

Probably this has something to do with some drivers experiencing inconsistent steering, or the car not tracking straight, with the new servo saver."

Hope this helps.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a T-3 with a 48p, 84t spur.I have a 10.5 anda 13.5.What pinion can run on these without oveheating them.Don't worry about the track we run on,It is small and goofy.I just want to be on the safe side.I want the motors to last..
I don't want to them up.

regards

Last edited by tc3jp; 12-21-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To clarify a bit ...

I am not using any shims on the servo posts, the ears are mounted in front of the servo posts and adding any would make the issue worse.

The steering is not binding becasue of the saver being to close to the servo i.e. rubbing on the servo iteself. There is enought space there to prevent this.

Basically, it seems that the distance from the ears to the beginning of the spline on the 1257 is a bit long, meaning that without any shims anywhere, it is about touching the top deck on the linkage side.

If the lip of the servo adapters (K,H,F) was a little thinner, then things would work out.

I saw that the XII has a similar servo saver, but it appears from pics that the adapter it uses has a slightly thinner lip, not sure though as the pics from xray's site are not that clear.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc3jp
I have a T-3 with a 48p, 84t spur.I have a 10.5 anda 13.5.What pinion can run on these without oveheating them.Don't worry about the track we run on,It is small and goofy.I just want to be on the safe side.I want the motors to last..
I don't want to them up.

regards
any help would be appreciated before the year 2011.I just want to run it around the driveway before I take it to the track.I am a learner when it comes to rc car brushless systems.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3jp
any help would be appreciated before the year 2011.I just want to run it around the driveway before I take it to the track.I am a learner when it comes to rc car brushless systems.
14 tooth
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks,, what is the biggest pinion I could get by with ?I have a 15t and a 16t ,I don't know if I have a 14.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

would a 15t even hit an 84 spur?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Diff oil

What weight diff oil are you guys running in the rear for Spec-R diff? Is 3000 or 5000 to much?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

To clarify a bit ...

I am not using any shims on the servo posts, the ears are mounted in front of the servo posts and adding any would make the issue worse.

The steering is not binding becasue of the saver being to close to the servo i.e. rubbing on the servo iteself. There is enought space there to prevent this.

Basically, it seems that the distance from the ears to the beginning of the spline on the 1257 is a bit long, meaning that without any shims anywhere, it is about touching the top deck on the linkage side.

If the lip of the servo adapters (K,H,F) was a little thinner, then things would work out.

I saw that the XII has a similar servo saver, but it appears from pics that the adapter it uses has a slightly thinner lip, not sure though as the pics from xray's site are not that clear.
Sounds like you may have the servo mounted on the wrong side of the servo posts? Try mounting the servo on the other side of the posts and see if that helps. if you could post a pic I could tell you for sure.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
would a 15t even hit an 84 spur?
good grief.I guess i will go ask Paul,or call X-RAY and see if they can give me a straight answer...Merry Christmas

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.