Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

That's unbelievable !!
I understand better now why some official drivers pointed out that the electronic installation is a nightmare...
Xray would lie? Well, that's a first... Damn, let's see RCKnight reaction on this one ahahah !
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't understand the trend to go so narrow. The HB TCX car is still narrow and yet wide enough to not have the servo hanging off the chassis. Xray's reason for mounting it the way they do makes sense. I've been wishing Futaba would make a micro receiver for some time now. I've sent them more than a few requests for one. lol
Old 10-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
the space is smaller, i can't fit in my receiver...
I thought so, ive never seen Hagberg's Speedie so slose to his motor before. Looks like my Receiver will be on my servo SP need to make a smaller ESC i think
Old 10-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
I thought so, ive never seen Hagberg's Speedie so slose to his motor before. Looks like my Receiver will be on my servo SP need to make a smaller ESC i think
Xray need to turn the servo position 90° like almost all the other cars!! That will help everyone to isntall all the electronic within 5 min flat and the motor will finally breathe some fresh air, not the air from the speedo heatsink !
Old 10-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Post some pics of your car
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slideaway
Xray need to turn the servo position 90° like almost all the other cars!! That will help everyone to isntall all the electronic within 5 min flat and the motor will finally breathe some fresh air, not the air from the speedo heatsink !
Yea it would have been nice... I can fit 2 speedies in other cars with still room to spare Oh well, looks like im in for a challenge to keep the receiver on the chassis
Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

All my stuff fits fine. I am running a LRP speedo a fullsize KoPropo servo that barely hangs off and a KoPropo rx. It close but fits nice.

Its not Xray's fault Futaba make a big rx. Paul runs Futaba and his stuff fits fine.

Thanks Drew
Old 10-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

fyi, here's a layout with lrp speedo and ko rx from ETS race in germany:
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...xrayt311-5.jpg
Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think Ko Propo 409 receiver should not be a problem....
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes, i am sure...i own T3 and 2011 spec...

if you read the instruction manual 2011 spec page 30, there is a tach tips in order to fit in your equipment...
Bro! Since you have both, have you tested the New T3 011 yet?
I own a T3 almost a year and very much happy with it, but some of my rc buddies have switched to New T3's. Besides Xray upgraded the Narrow Chassis/ Flex Type Upper Deck and Steering Linkage, what are the advantage compared to the previous T3 010?

Question: Are this new steering linkage design travels more then the previous T3 010?

Concern: Would it break during hard crashed impact on the newly designed Upper Deck?
Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adrian_pg

Question: Are this new steering linkage design travels more then the previous T3 010?

Concern: Would it break during hard crashed impact on the newly designed Upper Deck?

Same travel as the steering blocks didn't change, only the steering feel changes.

About the top deck, it looks better than the T3'10 as it's wider in the motor area. The T3'10 top deck always used to break there. I'd feel more secure with the T3'11 one.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by *gk*
fyi, here's a layout with lrp speedo and ko rx from ETS race in germany:
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...xrayt311-5.jpg
Yes, that's very tight...
Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Hi Stefan,

A few Questions. Is the space between the servo and motor the same as the old car? It looks a lot less from the pictures of other guys cars. Hope its not the case Also, What Bump steer have you tried? Looking at the kit setup its 2mm, but pics from ETS suggest the guys arent using any, or 1mm.

Thanks,

Antoni
Hi Antoni,

sorry for the delay in responding, have been trackside for 12 + hours running.

Yes electric space is quite tight. The manual says to get more room to cut the lugs off one side of your servo and use 1 post and then double sided tape.

I have managed to fit mine however without doing this with the receiver on its side. Speed passion Gt2.0 and Sanwa 2.4 receiver. My Capacitors are placed behind the ESC between ESC and belt.

From running the car in the UK we have noticed the car has alot more front flex than the old T3. So it took us a while to get to grips with a setup. But now we have really got the car going well and its soo nice to drive. The car is super consistent for all 5 minutes.

Back to back tests with the T3'011 and std T3 showed me an improvement of 2 tenths a lap. and around 5 - 6 seconds faster in 5 minutes. I tested at Ardent Raceway in the UK which is a permanent track so it was a fair test for both cars.

Also watch out for the motor screws that can touch and restrict top deck flex. i believe its in the manual on how to avoid it. It caught me out with the SP motor (a)

Picture of car here with electrics in www.stefan-chodzynski-rc.blogspot.com

Cheers =)

Stefan C - Xray Uk

Last edited by Stefan-Hpi Uk; 10-16-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stefan-Hpi Uk
Hi Antoni,

sorry for the delay in responding, have been trackside for 12 + hours running.

Yes electric space is quite tight. The manual says to get more room to cut the lugs off one side of your servo and use 1 post and then double sided tape.

I have managed to fit mine however without doing this with the receiver on its side. Speed passion Gt2.0 and Sanwa 2.4 receiver. My Capacitors are placed behind the ESC between ESC and belt.

From running the car in the UK we have noticed the car has alot more front flex than the old T3. So it took us a while to get to grips with a setup. But now we have really got the car going well and its soo nice to drive. The car is super consistent for all 5 minutes.

Back to back tests with the T3'011 and std T3 showed me an improvement of 2 tenths a lap. and around 5 - 6 seconds faster in 5 minutes. I tested at Ardent Raceway in the UK which is a permanent track so it was a fair test for both cars.

Also watch out for the motor screws that can touch and restrict top deck flex. i believe its in the manual on how to avoid it. It caught me out with the SP motor (a)

Picture of car here with electrics in www.stefan-chodzynski-rc.blogspot.com

Cheers =)

Stefan C - Xray Uk
Thanks for the explanation Stefan Im running the same running gear you are so ill give what you did a shot. Now just looking forward to my car arriving hopefully this week
Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
That's unbelievable !!
I understand better now why some official drivers pointed out that the electronic installation is a nightmare...
Xray would lie? Well, that's a first... Damn, let's see RCKnight reaction on this one ahahah !
YEAH...YEAH....lol...I do think Xray's choice was the right one for the servo position. From a marketing stand point as well. Mod vs. stock. The receiver only weighs a few grams compared to the servo. Keeping the servo closer to the center reduces weight somewhere else. Got to agree with Xray on this one. The question is what design is optimum for mod racing. I don't race mod. Now, everyone please mass email Futaba. www.futaba-rc.com/suggestion.html

Last edited by RCknight; 10-17-2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added text

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.