Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Has anyone timed their old car vs. new car? >

Has anyone timed their old car vs. new car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone timed their old car vs. new car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation Has anyone timed their old car vs. new car?

What I mean is, has anyone out there raced against themselves where they bought a new car, set it up, and timed their runs on a track. And then do the same exact thing using their old car? And then keep refining each car to make it continuously beat the other? Any heartbreaks from realizing that you were faster in your older car?

Seems to me like it would be a nice thing to test out. Especially, say, when you go from a TC4 to TC5. Or an HPI Pro4 to a Hot Bodies TC? I.e. - going from shaft to belt?

Anyone out there had enough time on their hands to actually do this?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
What I mean is, has anyone out there raced against themselves where they bought a new car, set it up, and timed their runs on a track. And then do the same exact thing using their old car? And then keep refining each car to make it continuously beat the other? Any heartbreaks from realizing that you were faster in your older car?

Seems to me like it would be a nice thing to test out. Especially, say, when you go from a TC4 to TC5. Or an HPI Pro4 to a Hot Bodies TC? I.e. - going from shaft to belt?

Anyone out there had enough time on their hands to actually do this?
when i first got my TC4 FT I did this back to back with the tub car TC4... The FT was always a few tenths faster but a lot of that was due to balance and weight... I had 1 tub car that was highly modified and lightened which ran basically the same times as my FT so it was kind of a wash depending on track conditions and such...

When I went from a TC4 FT to a TC5 i did about the same test but the TC5 with more speed (running 19T at the time) was much easier to stay consistent with due to the "give and buffer" of the belt versus the "snap" of the shaft...
Didn't play too much with setups to see if I could get the TC4 FT to the level of the TC5 at the time but it was a big difference for me about .5 second per lap...