Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
AE 12L4: is this car still able to hang with the cars of today? >

AE 12L4: is this car still able to hang with the cars of today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE 12L4: is this car still able to hang with the cars of today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default AE 12L4: is this car still able to hang with the cars of today?

I am trading one of our RCT brothers for a 12L4 FT. This will be my 1st 1/12 car. I was wondering if this car still has what it takes to hang with i.e. 12R5.1, Gen XL, XII? Like I said, I am just starting my journey down the 1/12 hwy, I figured this would be a great car to learn with at least . Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel
Old 09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Absolutely. Get a speedzone saddle 1s lipo and rock and roll. I actually think my 12L4 is better on fast, sweeping tracks than my nice, new modern link car. The only reason I don't run it is the limited battery options but the speedzone pack is excellent.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yep, the 12L4 will work. My problem, however, was staying off the walls!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will be running a 12 L4 this winter. This will be the first time driving a 12 scale in a race. I am a little nervous considering how fast these cars are. Definitely pick up the speedzone saddle pack it fits perfectly in the car.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well that makes me feel real good about the trade then. Thanks to everyone for the incite. The Speedzone LiPo is definitely on the shopping list. Im lookin forward to trying 1/12! I've been watching some YouTube vids of em and they seem to handle like they were on rails!!! I'll let yall know how it goes. I have a feeling i will be in the same boat as Bigshades...............on the wall, LOL

Daniel
Old 09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Me too!

I have a feeling i will be in the same boat as Bigshades...............on the wall, LOL

Daniel[/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think just about any 12 scale will compete with any of the new ones, only disadvantage is being able to put a lipo and brushless system into the car and keeping it balanced. the newer cars are designed for the newer technology. and some of the newer cars have features that make it easier to adjust ride height(front) and worry about setting the tweek with side springs and just let you not worry about anything but racing.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
I think just about any 12 scale will compete with any of the new ones, only disadvantage is being able to put a lipo and brushless system into the car and keeping it balanced. the newer cars are designed for the newer technology. and some of the newer cars have features that make it easier to adjust ride height(front) and worry about setting the tweek with side springs and just let you not worry about anything but racing.
All of that is true. The fun part is that I still have an old Delta 1/12 that can run with the best of them. My favorite is the Corally SP12. It come out for big local events and still puts the smack on some new iron. The thing is, despite the new technology it is still a pancar. There is only so much you can do with them. So get out there and drive. When you get the hang of a 1/12 everything else will seem sluggish.