R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #1321
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
Can someone tell me the spring ratings for these springs

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=3856

Thanks
Anyone?
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #1322
Tech Fanatic
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
Anyone?
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/1-10...pringChart.pdf

This has it all bro.
__________________
Brett H - M03, TRF417, RM01x
"Slow Sportsman"
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1323
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Thanks
__________________
stcc ssb tires, ko ,gm motors, demon products lipos, hobbywing speedo
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #1324
Tech Fanatic
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone run anything other than kit sway bars on their 417? I can't seem to find any option sway bars that are specifically made for this car. I see TA05 ones but they are rainbow colors.

Any suggestions?

Elliot if you are still watching this thread I think it would be cool to see some of your comments on setup and things you do to your car to achieve different handling. As you can see there is lots of talk about how narrow the setup window is, etc.
__________________
Brett H - M03, TRF417, RM01x
"Slow Sportsman"
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #1325
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
Default

Hi,
yes no problem, in answer to your first question, i've never actually tried any other sway bars other than Tamiya so i'm not sure...

As for the setup, I normally like to try and find a good basic setup that works well at most tracks. I do this by testing at home and then when we go to the big races and nationals, the car should always work well to start with. I find that changes such as springs, shock oil, roll centres and shock positions are good to test with to find a basic setup that works for you. From there, at the race you can just change these by small amounts to fine tune the setup.
Hope this helps?

Elliott
__________________
Team Durango, ORCA, MuchMore, Sanwa, Protoform, Tonisport, MR33, Roche, Custom Blitz Bodyshells
Elliott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #1326
Tech Master
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Do you play around with roll centres much or mainly oils and springs, Thanks.

Rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Harper View Post
Hi,
yes no problem, in answer to your first question, i've never actually tried any other sway bars other than Tamiya so i'm not sure...

As for the setup, I normally like to try and find a good basic setup that works well at most tracks. I do this by testing at home and then when we go to the big races and nationals, the car should always work well to start with. I find that changes such as springs, shock oil, roll centres and shock positions are good to test with to find a basic setup that works for you. From there, at the race you can just change these by small amounts to fine tune the setup.
Hope this helps?

Elliott
__________________
Rhys Marshall.
crabboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #1327
AWK
Tech Fanatic
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 982
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

How are you guys cleaning the TRF flourine sealed bearings? The same as the traditional metal shielded bearings?
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #1328
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWK View Post
How are you guys cleaning the TRF flourine sealed bearings? The same as the traditional metal shielded bearings?
Whenever I clean bearings out I pull the seals off and blast them out with motor spray until they spin free and smooth, once they dry I give them a drop of bearing oil and good to go. If I can't get them smooth, I replace them.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #1329
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,204
Default

I've been checking out my car today and managed to get rid of a lot of the slop in the steering. For the steering bridge I kept the 0.1 and 0.7mm shims but also added a STD tamiya washer on the top and bottom of the screw. This took out loads of the slop and it's still smooth.

On the steering posts I just added 0.2mm under each to stop the lift. The steering is nice and smooth and a lots less sloppy.

(updated here is a link to my bog with pics)
http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2011/...-slop-fix.html
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G

Last edited by Qatmix; 04-24-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added link
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #1330
Tech Regular
 
RL.2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I've been checking out my cat today and managed to get rid of a lot of the slop in the steering. For the steering bridge I kept the 0.1 and 0.7mm shims but also added a STD tamiya washer on the top and bottom of the screw. This took out loads of the slop and it's still smooth.

On the steering posts I just added 0.2mm under each to stop the lift. The steering is nice and smooth and a lots less sloppy.
got any picture of it??
__________________
the passion of the slide when taking the corner....
http://www.penabai-rcdrifter.blogspot.com/
Kyosho TF-5 drift spec powered by Ezrun 35A + 9t
Tamiya TRF-416X, Tamiya TRF-417
Hobbywing Xerun 120A, Xerun 3.5t, Team Orion 11.5t, Xerun 5.5t
RL.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #1331
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TRF Forever! I've been testing a front gear diff with ofna diff lock. Works amazing!!!
Turillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #1332
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
Do you play around with roll centres much or mainly oils and springs, Thanks.

Rhys
Hi,
I think both are really important to have a good handling car

On carpet, I use 450 to 550 oil with White and Blue Tamiya springs.
For the roll centre I use 5mm under the front and 4mm under the rear link. Under the blocks I always use 0.5mm at the rear. For the front, anti dive 0 and 0.5 or flat 0.5 0.5.

On Asphalt, I use 400-500 shock oil with HPI silver springs (sometimes blue but silver 90% of the time)
Under the blocks, again I always use 0.5 under the rear, but at the front I change between 0 and anti-dive 0 and 0.5
With the shims under the links, I change this a little more on asphalt between 3.5-5 at the front and 3-4 at the rear. (I always keep at least a 0.5 difference between the front and rear)

Hope this helps
Elliott
__________________
Team Durango, ORCA, MuchMore, Sanwa, Protoform, Tonisport, MR33, Roche, Custom Blitz Bodyshells
Elliott Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #1333
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL.2002 View Post
got any picture of it??
Yup, check my blog

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2011/...-slop-fix.html
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #1334
Tech Master
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Cheers budddy thanks.

Rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Harper View Post
Hi,
I think both are really important to have a good handling car

On carpet, I use 450 to 550 oil with White and Blue Tamiya springs.
For the roll centre I use 5mm under the front and 4mm under the rear link. Under the blocks I always use 0.5mm at the rear. For the front, anti dive 0 and 0.5 or flat 0.5 0.5.

On Asphalt, I use 400-500 shock oil with HPI silver springs (sometimes blue but silver 90% of the time)
Under the blocks, again I always use 0.5 under the rear, but at the front I change between 0 and anti-dive 0 and 0.5
With the shims under the links, I change this a little more on asphalt between 3.5-5 at the front and 3-4 at the rear. (I always keep at least a 0.5 difference between the front and rear)

Hope this helps
Elliott
__________________
Rhys Marshall.
crabboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #1335
Tech Regular
 
RL.2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Thankz mate. Gonna try it later
__________________
the passion of the slide when taking the corner....
http://www.penabai-rcdrifter.blogspot.com/
Kyosho TF-5 drift spec powered by Ezrun 35A + 9t
Tamiya TRF-416X, Tamiya TRF-417
Hobbywing Xerun 120A, Xerun 3.5t, Team Orion 11.5t, Xerun 5.5t
RL.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 09:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 04:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 06:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 07:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0