R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #1261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
You know what Tamiya needs? A touring car that has some f'ing rear grip on something other than the most pristine surfaces. I've been driving these stupid piece of s*** cars for 4 years now, and that problem has plagued me everywhere I go. So you know what? I'm done supporting a brand that doesn't care about North America, and only works right when the stars align. I'll be selling all this junk and buying something that works, from a company that supports racing.
He did not have a bad weekend, but to be honest the inconsistency that comes with a Tamiya gets really old. The setup window is really small and it makes the car a challenge to drive when the grip even changes slightly. I have driven almost every car on the market and I can tell you this. Tamiya makes a great product, but the lack of US support and the parts availability was always a concern for me. I have had some of my best days driving a Tamiya, and also some of the very worst. When the car is good it is great, but when it is bad it is really bad. There are other cars on the market that don't punish you like a Tamiya when things are not perfect.

I think sometimes people just need a change...I hope where ever Syndr0me lands (car wise) will provide a better and more fun racing experience.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #1262
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm sure someone from the US "team" will chime in with their great contribution. They'll probably say something like "this car always works for me."
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #1263
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm sure someone from the US "team" will chime in with their great contribution. They'll probably say something like "this car always works for me."
Get a XRay and move on. It probably has better support in the US and you can ask Paul Lemieux for guidance.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #1264
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
You know what Tamiya needs? A touring car that has some f'ing rear grip on something other than the most pristine surfaces. I've been driving these stupid piece of s*** cars for 4 years now, and that problem has plagued me everywhere I go. So you know what? I'm done supporting a brand that doesn't care about North America, and only works right when the stars align. I'll be selling all this junk and buying something that works, from a company that supports racing.
Syndrome - step away from the toy cars dude before you ruin their resale value.

FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #1265
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Don't be angry, get a t3 2011. Big window lol, and Xray has the largest team in the us(or one of the largest).. funny I say that cause i will be racing tamiya this asphalt season ... sshhhh(don't want to beat up my 2011). lol. But even last years t3 had a big setup window. Most changes I did were a 1/4 turn of front camber change to suit the track and getting the balance I wanted once I got my setup. But it is really dependent on your local team drivers. In my experience xray team drivers will help you the most (my experience, not what happens for everyone). Good luck with whichever brand you chose, but I have personally seen people struggle with all brands, even Xray.

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #1266
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
He did not have a bad weekend, but to be honest the inconsistency that comes with a Tamiya gets really old. The setup window is really small and it makes the car a challenge to drive when the grip even changes slightly. I have driven almost every car on the market and I can tell you this. Tamiya makes a great product, but the lack of US support and the parts availability was always a concern for me. I have had some of my best days driving a Tamiya, and also some of the very worst. When the car is good it is great, but when it is bad it is really bad. There are other cars on the market that don't punish you like a Tamiya when things are not perfect.

I think sometimes people just need a change...I hope where ever Syndr0me lands (car wise) will provide a better and more fun racing experience.
I hear you...I've been watching this thread in prep for getting a 417(x) this winter. We'll see I guess...
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #1267
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Have you tried the soft TB03 arms?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #1268
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Nope. Does that help? Let me see what's in stock... in HONG KONG!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #1269
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TAMIYA was remake lower deck & upper deck coming 1-2 days arrive !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #1270
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
TAMIYA was remake lower deck & upper deck coming 1-2 days arrive !
Now I am glad I'm waiting on buying a 417.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #1271
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I don't think he needs a different arms. He needs a different car. But I am not sure even if that would help him since he has been struggling for 4 years. I, too have some problem with the car at times, but so does everyone with different cars. I did eventually find a good setup with the help of local expert drivers.

Another note to keep in mind, the driver has to setup the car to suit the driving style as well. I used one of my friend's setup for carpet racing and the rear is a lot looser, but it is quicker and I have to learn not letting off throttle all the way when I make a turn. In the end, I adapt to the new driving style and my lap times were at least 0.5-1 second quicker from an average of 12 second, that is almost a 10% improvement!
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #1272
Tech Master

Quote:
Nope. Does that help? Let me see what's in stock... in HONG KONG!
LOL c'mon now

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXABZF&P=7
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #1273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
Now I am glad I'm waiting on buying a 417.
MAY release New ver. TRF417 w/ new gear diff !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #1274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

What else is going to be new ?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #1275
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Adam,

I'll find you a good deal on an Xray if you decide to go that route! And give you Pauls number! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote