R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #766
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Wow didn't know that
Did you forget that our indoor asphalt track is sprayed with a light mist of WD40 every so often. See you tomorrow.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #767
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hehe, thanks for all the reply's and info guys
I sprayed some on my desk and now it stinks and is all greasy xD, but I will deffo try it out tomorow on the track on the tires.
But if its an oiled based solution, isn't it possible to spray some WD40 on the tires, and then apply some solvent solution to remove the oil quicker ?
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #768
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hehe, thanks for all the reply's and info guys
I sprayed some on my desk and now it stinks and is all greasy xD, but I will deffo try it out tomorow on the track on the tires.
But if its an oiled based solution, isn't it possible to spray some WD40 on the tires, and then apply some solvent solution to remove the oil quicker ?
For running ooutdoor asphalt, you can clean with wd40 after dry apply your traction compound.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #769
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hello, raced my car today , the car itself was great, no problems, could keep up with some 10.5 racers seeing that it was easy and great to drive.
But then came the crashes , I broke a master block and a rear wishbone, is it worth getting the split blocks ? And also bent a little bit a driveshaft ... so I'll probably get the steel ones, but shall I get the 46 mm or the 44 one's ?
Cheers again
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #770
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,133
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hello, raced my car today , the car itself was great, no problems, could keep up with some 10.5 racers seeing that it was easy and great to drive.
But then came the crashes , I broke a master block and a rear wishbone, is it worth getting the split blocks ? And also bent a little bit a driveshaft ... so I'll probably get the steel ones, but shall I get the 46 mm or the 44 one's ?
Cheers again
Get some steel driveshafts.... 44mm on front and rear.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #771
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Get some steel driveshafts.... 44mm on front and rear.
Cheers, will get them.
Another thing, are the split blocks from the TB-03 interchangeable with the 417 ?
And is it worth getting the gear diff by taming for the rear ?
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #772
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,133
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Cheers, will get them.
Another thing, are the split blocks from the TB-03 interchangeable with the 417 ?
And is it worth getting the gear diff by taming for the rear ?
Split Blocks are compatible with 416 & 417 while gear diff is a personal choice. Some like it some don't.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #773
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Get 46mm steel for the front, the spool cups will last much longer. Steel in the rear doesn't matter so much.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #774
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Ok, I'll see what my LBS has.
So according to honest, I can't use TB-03 split blocks on my 417?
As I've been looking on rcmarket and he doesn't have the 417 split blocks.
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #775
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,133
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Ok, I'll see what my LBS has.
So according to honest, I can't use TB-03 split blocks on my 417?
As I've been looking on rcmarket and he doesn't have the 417 split blocks.
Can use TB03 Split Blocks!
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #776
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Can use TB03 Split Blocks!
Ah ok great !
Thanks alot mate
Will order them.
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #777
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Get 46mm steel for the front, the spool cups will last much longer. Steel in the rear doesn't matter so much.
When running a gear diff I had to run 44mm... Just an FYI for you guys that want to run double gear diffs.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #778
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
When running a gear diff I had to run 44mm... Just an FYI for you guys that want to run double gear diffs.
Oh yeah, same here. 44mm steel for front gear diff. 46 for front spool.

Kody, you running the extra long links like Jilles? Change his birds setup much? I guess I'll start with it in ABQ. I'll be surprised if I traction roll with Solaris.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #779
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Steel in the rear doesn't matter so much.
Steel bones last a lot longer in the back too, the aluminium ones are about as hard as a block of cheese so get sloppy very quick
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #780
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Hello, i just noticed i bent a suspension shaft ( the 46mm titanium coated shaft that goes through the wishbone ) ... is it possible to use the one from my HB cyclone ?
__________________
-TRF417 | Speedpassion GT2.0 LPF | LRP x12 13.5| 40 mhz FM Micro receiver |
T2M diamond servo | Mazda 6
Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Demon lipo's

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net