Tamiya TRF417

You're on Page 5 of 435
Go to
  • release date?
  • XRay or Tamiya
    can someone help me decided between the new XRay and Tamiya touring cars. i don't have a lot of money, or skills -- mechanical or driving. Which one do you suggest??

I'm also a loser.
  • Quote: can someone help me decided between the new XRay and Tamiya touring cars. i don't have a lot of money, or skills -- mechanical or driving. Which one do you suggest??

I'm also a loser.
    Go for tamiya
  • Quote: can someone help me decided between the new XRay and Tamiya touring cars. i don't have a lot of money, or skills -- mechanical or driving. Which one do you suggest??

I'm also a loser.
    Just buy the most expensive of the two kits. That way, you'll look cool in the pits!

Am I the only one that got RCJester's humor in his post?
  • Anybody else think that dude is making the threads for the 2 best touring cars made really bad, with the reactions of everybody..
  • Quote: Just buy the most expensive of the two kits. That way, you'll look cool in the pits!

Am I the only one that got RCJester's humor in his post?
    lol!!!! makes you a winner
  • i believe RCJesters posts are to make fun of RCKnights since he is clueless about TC cars and has proven it on the T3 2011 thread. Funny nonetheless..
  • Quote: That looks like a blue Sakura...
    It looks like someone Photoshopped a Sakura, because the reflections in the carbon gloss and rear sway bar are still pink.
  • Quote: That was one big thing holding me back. Thanks
    Wait.. Does the car have all of the aluminum you are looking for? Looks like you cant decide on which bandwagon to jump on, Xray with the lack of aluminum or the Tamiya which you believe doesn't have "external" adjustments on the ball diff... I personally think the one thing holding you back is you have no clue about TC's I am glad you took my advice though and started trolling on this thread..
  • Quote: It looks like someone Photoshopped a Sakura, because the reflections in the carbon gloss and rear sway bar are still pink.
    Very observant!!
  • any release date?>
  • Quote: It looks like someone Photoshopped a Sakura, because the reflections in the carbon gloss and rear sway bar are still pink.
    Aint it mess up that other manufacturers copy the 416, then now the 416 copies are being photochopped to be like the 417.
  • Here's a super tiny B&W thumbnail on the TRF417 from the Tamiya website.

Japan Hobby Show starts in about 10 days time. Surely there is a better image floating around somewhere...
  • Are they looking at a Dec. release date?
  • Quote: Are they looking at a Dec. release date?
    I contacted Tamiya USA CS, but did not have a definite release date. My LHS owner went to the Chicago Hobby Show and was told December 2010.