Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #721
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinDarK83 View Post
According to the manual setup of Hudy, Anti-dive is to lift the front of the lower arm (ex:1mm on FrontFront c block and 0.5mm on FrontRear c block), it is seen as positive Anti-dive, and this is what increases steering response.

Is not that right?
That would be pro dive. .5mm of Anti dive with low roll center would be nothing under the frontfront C block and 4mm of spacers under the frontrear c block upside down. Or if your running split blocks you would need .5mm under the frontrear.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #722
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to WinDarK83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i found Anti dive great on my TRF416 but on the T3 i am now running it doesnt give me the same feelin , the car is really wierd
Positive or negative anti-dive?
Negative not appear in the hudy manual setup.

Regards
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I'm never sure what I'm feeling with anti-dive. I think mostly I feel the reduction in caster. I tend to go between running flat and .5.
I would agree. Its a little different but close. Wish we had 6deg caster blocks to play with... O yeah... People do run the HPI 6deg caster blocks. Never tried but I guess its easy to do. A little grinding. Not sure on what you need and what you have to do though...
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Positive or negative anti-dive?
Negative not appear in the hudy manual setup.

Regards
i always used neg anti dive never pro dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
I would agree. Its a little different but close. Wish we had 6deg caster blocks to play with... O yeah... People do run the HPI 6deg caster blocks. Never tried but I guess its easy to do. A little grinding. Not sure on what you need and what you have to do though...
i tried 0.5mm anti dive on the T3 and used the 6 degree caster blocks BUT it still didnt feel right , just stopped trying antidive as a tuning option
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #725
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody View Post
That would be pro dive. .5mm of Anti dive with low roll center would be nothing under the frontfront C block and 4mm of spacers under the frontrear c block upside down. Or if your running split blocks you would need .5mm under the frontrear.
Right, I always talk about starting from a right angle (3mm RR C Block, and 0mm FR Block C )

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #726
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i tried 0.5mm anti dive on the T3 and used the 6 degree caster blocks BUT it still didnt feel right , just stopped trying antidive as a tuning option
Agree with you it never feels right no matter the brand of car

Yet some drivers I know always use it
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #727
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anti dive is a adjustment used for entry into a corner, squat is used for a tuning adjustment for exit off of corner. Anti dive will settle a twitchy car in the rear down on corner entry. It doesn't have to be a big adjustment either, even .02mm makes a difference and then it doesn't effect your castor as much either.
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #728
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
According to the manual setup of Hudy, Anti-dive is to lift the front of the lower arm (ex:1mm on FrontFront c block and 0.5mm on FrontRear c block), it is seen as positive Anti-dive, and this is what increases steering response.

Is not that right?
You'll find that the Elvo setup guide is much more accurate - http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/
Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #729
Tech Initiate

Thanks digitrc ˇˇˇˇ
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #730
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I agree! I told Jilles as much at Snowbirds. In looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like they're trying the stuff Jilles came up with at 'Birds.
I'm not the only one to notice this as well then... Longer top link being the main difference I can see, that should help to calm the car a little.

I tried the arm sweep (1D/1B) on the car this weekend... actually, I ran through a number of options.

1C/1C + 2mm behind the arm
1D/1B + 3mm behind the arm (same wheel base as above)
1C/1C + 1mm behind the arm
1D/1B + 2mm behind the arm (same wheel base as above)

Basically, wanted to try sweep, and different front wheelbase... I ended up prefering the 1mm behind the arm with 1C/1C. 1D/1B/2mm seemed to give a bit more mid to exit, but lost some initial... so I can see it working on a tight, twisty track.
With the arms forward, got a lot more steering, too mcuh for me to hang onto, and the car didn't want to square up out of the turn.

So for now, going to go with 1C/1C/1mm for the time being... I'll try the 1D/1B/2mm in thailand and see what happens.

BTW, 1D/1B gives the same width as the 1C/1C, but with 1° of arm sweep...

Ed
Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #731
Tech Addict

Hello again

Today I was playing with my car and i noticed that the front end was a litle unbalanced ( Front right having less weight then Front left ) so i decided that i could ask people's opinion on where to put my transponder.
Btw, the 25g of the transponder changes the balance to : perfect balance ( when transponder placed on the Front right side ) or unbalanced ( when placed on the left side ). Unfortunatly I dont have my personal transponder, so im talking about the transponder given at the local track at the time of the race.

-So on the pics i attached, the first one shows my car + the transponder holder + a reproduction of the transponder on paper.

-Second pic shows the transponder holder being on top of the servo and the transponder on the left side ( this is when the car is abit unbalanced ).

-And last pic shows a weird position of the transponder holder, its on top of the top deck on the right side ( i tried and it doesnt touch the wheel, and on the other side i drew a litle black line meaning that I would cut the holder so that it doesnt touch the servo saver when turning )

Voila, what do you guys think, or where should I put my transponder ( club one ) to get good balance and stay on the lowest weight possible .

Oh before i stop, my car with no weights ( no club transponder ) weighs 1352g and the rear is perfectly balanced, but with the transponder it weighs 1378g and im trying to find the best spot for the transponder.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF417-imag0016.jpg   Tamiya TRF417-imag0020.jpg   Tamiya TRF417-imag0017.jpg  

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #732
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Hello again

Today I was playing with my car and i noticed that the front end was a litle unbalanced ( Front right having less weight then Front left ) so i decided that i could ask people's opinion on where to put my transponder.
Btw, the 25g of the transponder changes the balance to : perfect balance ( when transponder placed on the Front right side ) or unbalanced ( when placed on the left side ). Unfortunatly I dont have my personal transponder, so im talking about the transponder given at the local track at the time of the race.

-So on the pics i attached, the first one shows my car + the transponder holder + a reproduction of the transponder on paper.

-Second pic shows the transponder holder being on top of the servo and the transponder on the left side ( this is when the car is abit unbalanced ).

-And last pic shows a weird position of the transponder holder, its on top of the top deck on the right side ( i tried and it doesnt touch the wheel, and on the other side i drew a litle black line meaning that I would cut the holder so that it doesnt touch the servo saver when turning )

Voila, what do you guys think, or where should I put my transponder ( club one ) to get good balance and stay on the lowest weight possible .

Oh before i stop, my car with no weights ( no club transponder ) weighs 1352g and the rear is perfectly balanced, but with the transponder it weighs 1378g and im trying to find the best spot for the transponder.

Thanks in advance
My suggestion would be to drill a hole in the bodyshell above the position on the right hand side, and mount it that way...

Ed
Old 02-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Hello again

Thanks in advance
shoe goo the transponder right in front of the servo saver. Dont use the mount. jmo. Mine is balanced this way.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #734
Tech Addict

Ed, I forgot about drilling a hole in the body lol , I think il do so
But after that, how balanced is your car or how many weights do you add ?
Cheers

And remember, dont forget to brake ;)
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #735
Tech Champion

Quote:
Ed, I forgot about drilling a hole in the body lol , I think il do so
But after that, how balanced is your car or how many weights do you add ?
Cheers
Umm, pretty balanced. Problem is I haven't put my car anywhere near a set of scales since making some larger changes to the electrics I've been running... all I know is that I need about a turn on the right rear shock, and the tweak is spot on.
Weight balancing is first on my agenda when I hit thailand