R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #6031
Tech Adept
 
NItrox416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizope View Post
Does anyone know if I will be able to run this body on a 417 with standard shocks and towers? It says it works for a 415 so I'm hoping it will work <crossing fingers>.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=5953



Yes for sure, maybe you should have problems when you try to put on bodies for ifs chassis, nsx, ebro, ...
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #6032
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central CA
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
Yes for sure, maybe you should have problems when you try to put on bodies for ifs chassis, nsx, ebro, ...
Thanks!
__________________
Richard G.

Tamiya...
dizope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #6033
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Yes I did that. Have a regular 417 (none v5) so I added the 1mm spacers front and rear as pictured.

I edited a sheet hopefully I did it right. Its almost still the manual set up.
Get rid of the front kick up, run the blocks flat or with 0.5mm anti dive. Using hole 2 on the front arm also increases mid corner steering, so you may just have way too much front bite with the smokem conversion.

Get rid of the tamiya springs too, yellow and red are way too soft

Also are you running no bars?
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #6034
Tech Master
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Get rid of the front kick up, run the blocks flat or with 0.5mm anti dive. Using hole 2 on the front arm also increases mid corner steering, so you may just have way too much front bite with the smokem conversion.

Get rid of the tamiya springs too, yellow and red are way too soft

Also are you running no bars?
By front kick up you mean the small .5 front spacer under the block? Yes car has ridiculously front grip even before the smokem parts.

I was running blues front and yellow rears, but someone suggested me to go softer that night so I did in hopes to solve the issue. (Which I didn't wash out as much but it could be that that traction came up a little bit too)

I'm not running sway bars at the moment.

Some also suggested me to try out david jun set up from tamiya as a start up, do you agree?
__________________
TRF-417, KYOSHO SCR-SP
Mr.juarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #6035
Tech Addict
 
-jacob-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 627
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizope View Post
Does anyone know if I will be able to run this body on a 417 with standard shocks and towers? It says it works for a 415 so I'm hoping it will work <crossing fingers>.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=5953





Wow mugen replica on a BMW... lol...

that body is sweet prolly with better wheels though
__________________
www.teameamotorsports.com
www.seattlercracers.com
-jacob- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #6036
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Yes I did that. Have a regular 417 (none v5) so I added the 1mm spacers front and rear as pictured.

I edited a sheet hopefully I did it right.
This should hopefully solve your loose problems. I remember you saying you ran on ashpault? This is an asphault setup so yeah.
Tamiya springs dont work well on ashpault and running no sway bars would have caused problems. I cant remember if I added the rear diff oil in the setup but run 2000.
Important to note: front shock mounting position in the arm to hole 1 (you need to flip the arm over)
Oh and upper link position front and rear in hole 1 (middle hole)
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #6037
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 102
Default

all this setup talk... are there any good smokem 417v7 setups floating around?
theagentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #6038
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
I'm not running sway bars at the moment.
Not having the fronts especially will make the car hook and unpredictable.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #6039
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theagentorange View Post
all this setup talk... are there any good smokem 417v7 setups floating around?
for carpet that is
theagentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #6040
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,297
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizope View Post
Does anyone know if I will be able to run this body on a 417 with standard shocks and towers? It says it works for a 415 so I'm hoping it will work <crossing fingers>.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=5953



My TRF417 with an SC430 body. This fits, you will not have any problems with the BMW body.

JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #6041
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central CA
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
My TRF417 with an SC430 body. This fits, you will not have any problems with the BMW body.
Sweet, thanks!
__________________
Richard G.

Tamiya...
dizope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #6042
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theagentorange View Post
all this setup talk... are there any good smokem 417v7 setups floating around?
I have a good TRF417V5 SRP conversion set-up for medium grip aspalt.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/SepesRacingProducts
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #6043
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
I have a good TRF417V5 SRP conversion set-up for medium grip aspalt.
i need medium grip carpet
theagentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #6044
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theagentorange View Post
i need medium grip carpet
I would try Craig's AOC setup - http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...ourne20130707/

It's for a Raceberry but it won't be that far away as a starting point.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #6045
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
I would try Craig's AOC setup - http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...ourne20130707/

It's for a Raceberry but it won't be that far away as a starting point.
Yep I'd say just go 1mm longer RWB to account for the motor being further back than the RB
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net