R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #5521
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
Any suggestions?
What tires?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #5522
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone used the roche spring steel direct cup for spool or should i just replace with tamiya part?

www.roche.hk/shopping/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_40&product_id=737
rayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #5523
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,263
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrush View Post
Has anyone used the roche spring steel direct cup for spool or should i just replace with tamiya part?

www.roche.hk/shopping/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_40&product_id=737
I ve used them for 2 years now they are awesome very strong and last forever .
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #5524
Tech Master
 
Brokin Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,

Have recently got my hands on a 417V5 to try out, would like to ask a few questions (am normally Xray only) & if someone could take the time to give their thoughts, it would be much appreciated...

1/ A good base set up for quite Low to Med grip asphalt (& perhaps a carpet one also)
2/ Good place, supply wise to get spares (am in Australia)
3/ Most suitable tyres to use on this chassis (on asphalt)
4/ suitable FDR/Rollout for LRP ESC & X20 13.5

Many thanks in advance...
__________________
Xray T4'17 - LRP - PF - Futaba - Muchmore
Brokin Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #5525
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

im in Aus also. Im new so cant help you with the other questions but i get my parts from TQ racing, Rc mushroom & RC mart. All online
rayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #5526
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,816
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokin Racing View Post
Hi Guys,

Have recently got my hands on a 417V5 to try out, would like to ask a few questions (am normally Xray only) & if someone could take the time to give their thoughts, it would be much appreciated...

1/ A good base set up for quite Low to Med grip asphalt (& perhaps a carpet one also)
2/ Good place, supply wise to get spares (am in Australia)
3/ Most suitable tyres to use on this chassis (on asphalt)
4/ suitable FDR/Rollout for LRP ESC & X20 13.5

Many thanks in advance...
Welcome to the club, Jim

1. Check out Craig's excellent blog: http://tchub.wordpress.com/
2. I use a variety of sources, including rcmart.com, tqrcracing.com, rcmarket.com.hk and rc-champ.co.jp. Decision usually comes down to who's got what I want in stock
3. I'm loving the MM 36X (Rush) tyres that were used at Muchmore Masters. NBHC has local stock. Ride reds seem a good alternative and some people like the Ride blues at some tracks.
4. Dunno - but I'll be heading that way soon, too.

Phil.
__________________
T4 | X1 | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #5527
Tech Master
 
Brokin Racing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Welcome to the club, Jim

1. Check out Craig's excellent blog: http://tchub.wordpress.com/
2. I use a variety of sources, including rcmart.com, tqrcracing.com, rcmarket.com.hk and rc-champ.co.jp. Decision usually comes down to who's got what I want in stock
3. I'm loving the MM 36X (Rush) tyres that were used at Muchmore Masters. NBHC has local stock. Ride reds seem a good alternative and some people like the Ride blues at some tracks.
4. Dunno - but I'll be heading that way soon, too.

Phil.
Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for the info, I'm not racing very much this year so am spending what free time I have checking out a few other brands, evaluation time you could say...

Jim
__________________
Xray T4'17 - LRP - PF - Futaba - Muchmore
Brokin Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #5528
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I have a few questions, is the steel gears for the gear diff worth buying?, also what about aluminum rear hubs are they worth buying considering I run on asphalt and flex is important. Also I'm looking to buy some ABEC35 XSO bearings there rubber shielded and packed with oil not grease or are the stock Tamiya's any good and should I clean them and if so how would I do that, and someone told me that the balls are coated with something?
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #5529
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,269
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Welcome to the club, Jim

2. I use a variety of sources, including rcmart.com, tqrcracing.com, rcmarket.com.hk and rc-champ.co.jp. Decision usually comes down to who's got what I want in stock
Phil.
I don't get much response from RC Champ these days, which is sad.

I have found Stella Models in HK (http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/) to be as cheap as RC Champ, but with a far better website layout
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #5530
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,395
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrush View Post
Has anyone used the roche spring steel direct cup for spool or should i just replace with tamiya part?
www.roche.hk/shopping/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_40&product_id=737
Get the Roche ones, They are much better than the Tamiya ones. They do wear out as most cups do, I replace mine before every big race meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeone View Post
I have a few questions, is the steel gears for the gear diff worth buying?, also what about aluminum rear hubs are they worth buying considering I run on asphalt and flex is important. Also I'm looking to buy some ABEC35 XSO bearings there rubber shielded and packed with oil not grease or are the stock Tamiya's any good and should I clean them and if so how would I do that, and someone told me that the balls are coated with something?
The steel gears are worth getting in my opinion, I use them in all my diffs. Along with the tdx shim and kyosho o rings. I would recommend the Roche ceramic bearings, they work very well and last a long time (and are a decent price)
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #5531
Tech Adept
 
NItrox416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
What tires?

-Mike
Solaris hard
thanks for help
(my setup is on the previous page.)
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #5532
Tech Master
 
OnRDPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West LA
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeone View Post
I have a few questions, is the steel gears for the gear diff worth buying?, also what about aluminum rear hubs are they worth buying considering I run on asphalt and flex is important. Also I'm looking to buy some ABEC35 XSO bearings there rubber shielded and packed with oil not grease or are the stock Tamiya's any good and should I clean them and if so how would I do that, and someone told me that the balls are coated with something?
I second the purchase of the metal gears in the diff. I have not had any issues at all with the metal gears in my car. Also In regards to bearings I use the ACER ceramic bearings and they are super high quality, and freed up my car considerably. They are an LA based company and have AWESOME customer service.
__________________
Jay Williams
Xray RX8 2014
RC America - Protoform Racing - KO Propo USA - Kevco Racing / Picco EDO Modified - Byrons Fuels
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #5533
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info, what about the rear tamiya aluminum hubs would they be a good investment ill be running on medium traction track?
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #5534
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,395
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeone View Post
Thanks for the info, what about the rear tamiya aluminum hubs would they be a good investment ill be running on medium traction track?
Nope save your money, aluminium bends and its hard to find out when it is bent. I don't think I have ever seen anyone break a Tamiya rear hub anyway
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #5535
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Koo thanks. How do I clean rubber shielded bearings?
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net