R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #5041
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
I placed an order for the Raceberry kit. Do you also need to raise the front bulkhead and top deck too?
Yes exactly the same as the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
You can't beat tamiya and yokomo together in one chassis you can't beat that..
A little while back I was thinking of changing to yoke but I have waaaay to many spare parts to change brands. Raceberry is best of both worlds
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #5042
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
You can't beat tamiya and yokomo together in one chassis you can't beat that..
Dont you mean Tamiya and Yokomo and Serpent lol

I saw a few running yesterday (UK) the feeling about the conversion is very mixed! some were even changing back to their original V5 chassis and noticing an improvement (low grip outdoor asphalt). Only testing and more time will tell if its any good.

Last edited by Smartypants; 04-08-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #5043
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Default

If you are referring to the Brca Clubmans yesterday then yes. I think i will be changing back to the V5 chassis, was a little disappointed to be honest. Been reading about the raceberry and heard a lot of good things, but my trouble was corner speed, what ever I tried just couldn't get more corner speed out of it. Has anyone else had troubles with the cornering speed ?
Big Dave 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #5044
Tech Initiate
 
timmay langdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Default

With my raceberry it have me sooooooooooo much push into corners had to nearly stop car to get it in.
Changed back to kit chassis got steering back and 8 seconds faster in Bach to back runs.
But then looking at viktors car at ets it looked like it pushes into corners.
Was expecting good things but was disappointed to say the least!!
timmay langdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #5045
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

how often does tamiya update their 417 versions? are they due for a newer version than the v5?
rayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #5046
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,244
Default

Usually about one a year (dec time) but the V5 looks like a good base to start as it has the latest DCJ's diffs and spool.

Also are people running the aerated shocks indoors? How are you finding them?
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #5047
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 238
Default New spare parts

51535 TRF417V5 Diff Joint (L・R)
51536 TRF417V5 Swing Shaft Cap
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #5048
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave 1984 View Post
If you are referring to the Brca Clubmans yesterday then yes. I think i will be changing back to the V5 chassis, was a little disappointed to be honest. Been reading about the raceberry and heard a lot of good things, but my trouble was corner speed, what ever I tried just couldn't get more corner speed out of it. Has anyone else had troubles with the cornering speed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay langdell View Post
With my raceberry it have me sooooooooooo much push into corners had to nearly stop car to get it in.
Changed back to kit chassis got steering back and 8 seconds faster in Bach to back runs.
But then looking at viktors car at ets it looked like it pushes into corners.
Was expecting good things but was disappointed to say the least!!
What setups did you run?
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #5049
Tech Initiate
 
timmay langdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Started with viktors ets set up
timmay langdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #5050
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay langdell View Post
Started with viktors ets set up
The Gran Canaria racetrack with the Ride 34 tire was extreme low grip.

Do you run also the Ride 34 tire on a low grip surface?
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #5051
Tech Initiate
 
timmay langdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Default

No we use the sorex 32 brca control tyre. Wlrc was low grip aswell.
timmay langdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #5052
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay langdell View Post
No we use the sorex 32 brca control tyre. Wlrc was low grip aswell.
The raceberry chassis generates more rear grip compared to the V5 chassis.
Try to use less toe-in (2.0-2.5), a thicker (1.2mm) rear swaybar and harder springs (HPI silver) when using the sorex tyre.

Do you use a setscrew or a countersunkscrew at the lower side of the centerpost?

I tested the raceberry set last weekend at the Apeldoorn track both with the ride 34 and the sorex tyre. Both tires require a complete different set-up.
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #5053
Tech Initiate
 
timmay langdell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Not tried it on ride tyres, but did do the changes you mentioned.
timmay langdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #5054
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 87
Default

Thing is any of the so called low grip tracks are much higher than anything in the uk. They are also flat which I don't think any track really is over here.
__________________
Craig Morgan - Tamiya 417
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #5055
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
The raceberry chassis generates more rear grip compared to the V5 chassis.
Try to use less toe-in (2.0-2.5), a thicker (1.2mm) rear swaybar and harder springs (HPI silver) when using the sorex tyre.

Do you use a setscrew or a countersunkscrew at the lower side of the centerpost?

I tested the raceberry set last weekend at the Apeldoorn track both with the ride 34 and the sorex tyre. Both tires require a complete different set-up.
What tire was faster in the end?
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net