Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

They are the plastic servo mounts that come with the kit, I believe they are on the k parts tree.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Raceberry rockzzz....

Got the Raceberry Kit few days ago. Yesterday was first practice with it on a medium grip carpet track, because its still snowing here...

As I was unpacking the Kit I was pretty impressed of the workmanship. The Kit is very exact and precise. The Kit can be mounted very well, all parts have a perfect fit.
For those youīre thinking about the internal transmission, itīs 1,85 (37T/20T Yokomo Center Pulley). I drove the car with a 17,5T LRP without power programme and a gear ratio of 4,51 (100/41).

Before using the Kit I was not sure if it will work in Stock (17,5T) too and if it can bring the same results the were shown us in modified on asphalt at ETS and TITC. So I took it to the track...

Just say one word... AWESOME!!!!!

After checking the lap times I saw the I drove directly 3th of a second faster than 4 hours before with the V5. The steering is very sharp and direct... much more than before. All of the drivers were suffering of a loose rear end that day, except of me now... My rear end was, like it has been nailed to the track. I used my standard setup in this round and Iīm pretty sure that it will go a lot faster!!

Big thanks to Tonisport and Raceberry for this evolution step!!!

I very excited how results on asphalt will be and hope I can make a outdoor session in a few weeks. Pray for better weather!!!

Will let you know then...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF417-foto1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Raceberry conversion

I would like to order conversion where can I order one!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tqboy
I would like to order conversion where can I order one!
You can get it from Tonisport

Itīs not listed at this moment, so I would write an email to ask if there are still kitīs available. Many of them have been pre-ordered... I think itīs ~170€, but itīs worth that.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Got the Raceberry Kit few days ago. Yesterday was first practice with it on a medium grip carpet track, because its still snowing here...

As I was unpacking the Kit I was pretty impressed of the workmanship. The Kit is very exact and precise. The Kit can be mounted very well, all parts have a perfect fit.
For those youīre thinking about the internal transmission, itīs 1,85 (37T/20T Yokomo Center Pulley). I drove the car with a 17,5T LRP without power programme and a gear ratio of 4,51 (100/41).

Before using the Kit I was not sure if it will work in Stock (17,5T) too and if it can bring the same results the were shown us in modified on asphalt at ETS and TITC. So I took it to the track...

Just say one word... AWESOME!!!!!

After checking the lap times I saw the I drove directly 3th of a second faster than 4 hours before with the V5. The steering is very sharp and direct... much more than before. All of the drivers were suffering of a loose rear end that day, except of me now... My rear end was, like it has been nailed to the track. I used my standard setup in this round and Iīm pretty sure that it will go a lot faster!!

Big thanks to Tonisport and Raceberry for this evolution step!!!

I very excited how results on asphalt will be and hope I can make a outdoor session in a few weeks. Pray for better weather!!!

Will let you know then...
Hi Andreas,
Toni will send out mine tomorrow.
Your results look pretty well on carpet!
If you have a setup sheet...
I want to use mine on asphalt in 2 weeks, if the weather is good.

One question I have: Mine is still an 417X, as I quit the V5 version in favor of the Raceberry kit. Do I have to order the Tamiya V5 servomount? Or can I go with 2 posts ala X?

Toni has restocked the kit everyone can order at the moment, if you give him a mail. Price is 169€ without postage.

BR,
Matthias
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

You need to buy the V5 servo mount. There is no hole an the chassis is too small to drill a hole in either. The kit comes with 1,5mm shims, the have to be placed between the bulkheads an the upper deck. Keep in mind that the X bulkheads 1mm lower than the V5 ones, so you have to shim 2,5mm.
Havenīt done a setup sheet yet and I need to test a lot before I can give you a working setup.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andreas_R.
You need to buy the V5 servo mount. There is no hole an the chassis is too small to drill a hole in either. The kit comes with 1,5mm shims, the have to be placed between the bulkheads an the upper deck. Keep in mind that the X bulkheads 1mm lower than the V5 ones, so you have to shim 2,5mm.
Havenīt done a setup sheet yet and I need to test a lot before I can give you a working setup.
isnt it 1mm between the bulkheads and chassis and 1.5mm between the top deck and bulkheads?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

0.5mm under the bulkheads i think. Not sure about between tge top deck and bulkheads
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Its 0.5 under the bulkheads and either raise the motor mount by 1 mm or shim under the top deck 0.5. But thats with the tamiya motor mount, not sure about yokomo...
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

how full should the front diff with diff putty has someone a picture of it
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
Its 0.5 under the bulkheads and either raise the motor mount by 1 mm or shim under the top deck 0.5. But thats with the tamiya motor mount, not sure about yokomo...
For the raceberry you need to raise the original 417 bulkheads 0.5mm and use 2.5mm shims under the top deck. Or just buy a set of the new F/R bulkheads - you're spending all that coin anyway
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CraigM
For the raceberry you need to raise the original 417 bulkheads 0.5mm and use 2.5mm shims under the top deck. Or just buy a set of the new F/R bulkheads - you're spending all that coin anyway
hahaha might as well just wait for what tamiya brings out, if you were going from X to raceberry, your pretty much laying out $300 + !
Not to mention having dropped $550 on a v5 not too long ago
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

How are the new yokomo springs compared to HPI springs?
Yokomo pink and blue seem to come up allot, any feel difference compared to hpi silver? (silver and black colour)
Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

I assume the next version will make a nod towards the Raceberry set-up. After seeing one close up they only need to do 20t pulleys and bottom / top deck the motor mount in the kit seems just necessary to run the yokomo pulley holder etc
Old 04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by narcotiks
How are the new yokomo springs compared to HPI springs?
Yokomo pink and blue seem to come up allot, any feel difference compared to hpi silver? (silver and black colour)
On asphalt they are terrible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.