Tamiya TRF417

You're on Page 317 of 435
Go to
  • Quote: Try a harder geardiff oil in the rear! I don't know what you are using now but something like 2K or 3K will be more stable on power out of the corner!
    thanks, thats kinda what i was thinking. i'm using 1200 now. im running 10.5t or 4.5t, on a 5 sec/lap track.... start with 2k or go right up to 3k?
  • Quote: Try a harder geardiff oil in the rear! I don't know what you are using now but something like 2K or 3K will be more stable on power out of the corner!
    How is TITC practice going Jilles? Good luck for the racing!
  • Little bird tells me they are using a prototype car with lots of changes! Motor Bulkheads, lower deck, top deck and larger diff pulleys.
  • Quote: Little bird tells me they are using a prototype car with lots of changes! Motor Bulkheads, lower deck, top deck and larger diff pulleys.
    who is your little bird?
  • Quote: Little bird tells me they are using a prototype car with lots of changes! Motor Bulkheads, lower deck, top deck and larger diff pulleys.
    That will be the 418 if its got new bulkheads.

The 39t pulleys from the Ta06 can fit on the 417, maybe they are using them?
  • Quote: That will be the 418 if its got new bulkheads.

The 39t pulleys from the Ta06 can fit on the 417, maybe they are using them?
    I think they were testing with yokomo parts. I wouldn't read too much into it, 418 is a long way off
  • any "spy shots" from TITC?
  • Quote: I think they were testing with yokomo parts. I wouldn't read too much into it, 418 is a long way off
    do you know which parts they tested?
  • Ahhhh....my 417x chasis broke at the rear screw sus mount ......(
    does any body know i should just get the v5 lower deck or stick to the x chasis.

the x chasis has 2 thickness right? 2.5mm and 2.25mm which is better or just get v5 lower deck?
  • Quote: Ahhhh....my 417x chasis broke at the rear screw sus mount ......(
    does any body know i should just get the v5 lower deck or stick to the x chasis.

the x chasis has 2 thickness right? 2.5mm and 2.25mm which is better or just get v5 lower deck?
    Same thing happened to me to. Are the cso chassis any good?

X is 2.25. I would just get the V5 chassis, but you'll need the servo mount as well because there is no outside servo hole. Grab the V5 top deck too

Quote: Same thing happened to me to. Are the cso chassis any good?
    No

i tryed the smokem mx chassis on carpet and liked the driving style. in my opinion a great choise. last weekend i used the new v5 chassis, servo mount and upper deck. same laptimes but it feels better, more easy to drive and so more constantly. uve got the choise

Greeting
  • Quote: i tryed the smokem mx chassis on carpet and liked the driving style. in my opinion a great choise.
    +1...

I'm currently using the smokem mx with the smokem servo mount and the tamiya v5 upper deck and it's feeling great. Can't really compare it to the original v5 chassis though, since I never tried it.

The advantage of the smokem chassis is that you can still use the 417X servo mount (2 part). So if you want to replace the chassis only, you can go for the smokem.

Christian
  • [QUOTE=CraigM;11840441]X is 2.25. I would just get the V5 chassis, but you'll need the servo mount as well because there is no outside servo hole. Grab the V5 top deck too

Thats a good idea..lower deck USD85, upper deck USD20, Servo mount USD30.
    Hemmmm

How about Front and rear damper stay? any diffrence or advice should i get too

Front damper USD13.20 Rear damper stay USD15.40..
    and walla...i got a V5...

advisable or not advisable?... help guys...
  • [QUOTE=grauco;11843232]
    Quote: X is 2.25. I would just get the V5 chassis, but you'll need the servo mount as well because there is no outside servo hole. Grab the V5 top deck too

Thats a good idea..lower deck USD85, upper deck USD20, Servo mount USD30.
    Hemmmm

How about Front and rear damper stay? any diffrence or advice should i get too

Front damper USD13.20 Rear damper stay USD15.40..
    and walla...i got a V5...

advisable or not advisable?... help guys...
    Don't know about the damper stay.. but if you want a complete V5 I also thought that you should buy new bulkheads as they are 0.5 or 1.0mm higher then the X ones.. But please someone correct me if I'm wrong.