R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #4321
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Forgot where I read it, but is the top deck really placed higher than the previous model?

Also, how viable would the V5 be for carpet racing?
I'll measure the top deck tonight, I don't think it's any higher tho. No idea about carpet, Marc went OK with it in Yatabe but I expect they will be bringing out some stiffer decks for when the bite comes up
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #4322
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 18
Default Bonus Parts

Dunno if I have figured out the bonus part(s) or not...but mine came with a set of white dish style rims (zero offset).

The front page of the manual has "MEDIUM-NARROW RACING WHEEL (NOT INCLUDED)". Granted rims are not wheels, but all the same, it appears to be the "bonus" item. The rims are not in the parts list either.

Cheers,
zimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #4323
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Here's a bit more of the build. First test will be this weekend

http://tchub.wordpress.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmie View Post
Dunno if I have figured out the bonus part(s) or not...but mine came with a set of white dish style rims (zero offset).

The front page of the manual has "MEDIUM-NARROW RACING WHEEL (NOT INCLUDED)". Granted rims are not wheels, but all the same, it appears to be the "bonus" item. The rims are not in the parts list either.

Cheers,
They always include the rims for some reason
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #4324
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,404
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Here's a bit more of the build. First test will be this weekend

http://tchub.wordpress.com

I followed the kit setup exactly on this build so Iíll take measurements of droop and toe and update the setup sheet.
I assume there is a new set up sheet in the manual for the V5, rather than the X that you published the other day?
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #4325
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
I assume there is a new set up sheet in the manual for the V5, rather than the X that you published the other day?
A blank one yes
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #4326
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,404
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Just answered my own question too. My kit arrived today! Woo Hoo!! Only ordered last Friday from HongKong. That was quick. And no bonus parts for me either, other than the rims and a RC Mart keyring
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #4327
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 258
Default

I know it is irrelevant but is there anyone close to Tamiya that can give a reason as to why they went with the old style packaging and did not fill it up with anything to justify that size?

I can only think it would be more cost effective to have a single size box for all kits and hence the reason for dropping the slim box!

One of the attractive features of the TRF417/x was the slim box to save on shipping costs......
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #4328
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
I know it is irrelevant but is there anyone close to Tamiya that can give a reason as to why they went with the old style packaging and did not fill it up with anything to justify that size?

I can only think it would be more cost effective to have a single size box for all kits and hence the reason for dropping the slim box!

One of the attractive features of the TRF417/x was the slim box to save on shipping costs......
Some say that the big box provides the option for car transport with the body installed, kinda makes sense since it is a perfect fit.
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #4329
Tech Regular
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Have a BNIB 417v5, $589 plus shipping, if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF417-img_0783.jpg  
bozzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #4330
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 236
Default

Anyone know when the decks and servo mount will be available seperatly?
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #4331
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,814
Default

Is the only shock difference the cap? So just screw the emulsion cap on a regular TRF shock and you are done?
__________________
MOD: A800 R1 Digital-2 HW G2 4.5T|||VTA: Awesomatix EVO 1.1 Orca VX3 24K |||F1:
Xray X1 2017 HW XR10 StockSpec R1 21.5|||Futaba 4PX|||iCharger 308Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #4332
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Is the only shock difference the cap? So just screw the emulsion cap on a regular TRF shock and you are done?
No, the shock body is a new design to accept the aeration buggy damper ends. The rest is standard.
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #4333
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Arn0 has made an editable setup sheet for the new car! http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...miyaTRF417.htm

I've used it to post the kit setup here
http://tchub.wordpress.com
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #4334
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,228
Default

In your build did it cOme with the blue washers for the servo mount etc? Or are those yours? Also does it come with front and rear double cardans?
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G

Last edited by Qatmix; 11-29-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #4335
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
In your build did it cOme with the blue washers for the servo mount etc? Or are those yours? Also does it come with front and rear double cardans?
Front DCJs, rear alu universals. The countersunk washers are not included
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net