R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #3196
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Thanks...
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #3197
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
thanks!! Which block should I use to narrow the track width of the car?
The blocks I consider must have
2 x 1 pc D
1 x split D
1 x 1 pc C
1 x split C
2 x split B
1 x split XA
1 x 1 pc E
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #3198
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,268
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I got my body for my TRF417 signed by Marc Rheinard recently.


Last edited by JoeyE; 06-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #3199
Tech Regular
 
svndayNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I was wondering if somebody could help me I just bought some 1XA split suspension blocks, since I've installed them there is a lot of bind in the right hand side, the left is free flowing and fine. I can't get the sway bar to lift the right hand side, I've isolated the bind to these blocks. Since they are the same angle as the kit I didn't think I'd be having these issues
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #3200
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,580
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svndayNZ View Post
I was wondering if somebody could help me I just bought some 1XA split suspension blocks, since I've installed them there is a lot of bind in the right hand side, the left is free flowing and fine. I can't get the sway bar to lift the right hand side, I've isolated the bind to these blocks. Since they are the same angle as the kit I didn't think I'd be having these issues
Make sure your hinge pin isn't bent slightly. I was having a similar problem. Put in a new hinge pin and problem solved.
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #3201
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svndayNZ View Post
I was wondering if somebody could help me I just bought some 1XA split suspension blocks, since I've installed them there is a lot of bind in the right hand side, the left is free flowing and fine. I can't get the sway bar to lift the right hand side, I've isolated the bind to these blocks. Since they are the same angle as the kit I didn't think I'd be having these issues
If it's not the hinge pin then the block you took off may have been bent. I use .75mm spacers instead of 1mm behind the arm which gives you free movement and perfect play. Check too that your rear block is straight too, they go on crooked all the time and can cause binding, though most of the time I've found that it's the upright that binds.

Actually Jilles has a video on how he gets his suspension free

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #3202
Tech Regular
 
svndayNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
If it's not the hinge pin then the block you took off may have been bent. I use .75mm spacers instead of 1mm behind the arm which gives you free movement and perfect play. Check too that your rear block is straight too, they go on crooked all the time and can cause binding, though most of the time I've found that it's the upright that binds.

Actually Jilles has a video on how he gets his suspension free

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Cheers, yea if spent another 2hrs completely re building the rear end. It isn't the hinge pin but something just isn't where it needs to be. Both hinge pins are straight with no bends at all. The other area I thought it might be would be the sway bar mounts as well. I need to replace those as I just snapped one. Ive only run one pack through the car with no prangs at all. Doing my head in a bit but thanks for the advice again Craig!
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 AM   #3203
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 43
Default

thx for sharing
__________________
Own Team Associated TC6.1 & XRAY T3 2012
LRP Vector X20 Modified - 4.5T
HobbyWing Xerun 120A ESC
Shop at RC-Mushroom & Tower Hobbies
"There is no best way of tuning a car, all depending on your driving style"
edwardcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #3204
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svndayNZ View Post
Cheers, yea if spent another 2hrs completely re building the rear end. It isn't the hinge pin but something just isn't where it needs to be. Both hinge pins are straight with no bends at all. The other area I thought it might be would be the sway bar mounts as well. I need to replace those as I just snapped one. Ive only run one pack through the car with no prangs at all. Doing my head in a bit but thanks for the advice again Craig!
No worries, if you are running the kit wheelbase spacers then it will bind unless you sand the arms. If they are free then it's most likely the uprights which also sometimes need sanding, and if you have them right then it's one of the ball cups - either camber link or sway bars mounts. In about 4 years running tamiya I've only had one dodgy ball cup, so I'd focus on the arms and uprights.

So are you from NZ? I saw a cool track in Auckland which had a big race in Jan, I'd like to cross the ditch to race some time
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #3205
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase (online) the split blocks....Tamiya's web site sucks to find them and I'm scratching my head trying to find another retailer....Thanks
NPETRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #3206
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPETRO View Post
Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase (online) the split blocks....Tamiya's web site sucks to find them and I'm scratching my head trying to find another retailer....Thanks
RC Market

RC Mart

RC Model
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #3207
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,404
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I wish my car would hurry up and arriveLooking forward to my first Tamiya
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #3208
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
THANKS
NPETRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #3209
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,580
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPETRO View Post
Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase (online) the split blocks....Tamiya's web site sucks to find them and I'm scratching my head trying to find another retailer....Thanks
www.speedtechrc.com also carries all the TAMIYA blocks.
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #3210
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

I am in the market for a new TC. My TA06 is not carpet friendly. I am looking at the trf417x and wanted to know if anyone has ran it on carpet and how it performs...
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net