R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #3136
Tech Regular
 
tr1kstanc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Will either the 417 or 417x top decks fit on the 416?
__________________
☆ Joe Tran ☆
tr1kstanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #3137
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3 View Post
Will either the 417 or 417x top decks fit on the 416?
yes they will fit. 417x only has cutouts. Hey i use to live in Virginia! Alexandria near crappy springfield mall lol
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #3138
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
yes they will fit. 417x only has cutouts. Hey i use to live in Virginia! Alexandria near crappy springfield mall lol
Hi,

It wont fit, the distance between the screw holes are more towards the center on the 417 models compared to the 416x.

BR, Steffan
Steffanchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #3139
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffanchr View Post
Hi,

It wont fit, the distance between the screw holes are more towards the center on the 417 models compared to the 416x.

BR, Steffan
you know what i didnt read the whole question! silly me, and you are correct. thanks...wait why am i on this thread I just sold my 417x!?!?!?! lol
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #3140
Tech Regular
 
tr1kstanc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
yes they will fit. 417x only has cutouts. Hey i use to live in Virginia! Alexandria near crappy springfield mall lol
I am at the office right now in Old Town Alexandria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffanchr View Post
Hi,

It wont fit, the distance between the screw holes are more towards the center on the 417 models compared to the 416x.

BR, Steffan
Damn, thats too bad. Does anybody have any spare 416 top decks??
__________________
☆ Joe Tran ☆
tr1kstanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #3141
Tech Master
 
John.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Track
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
you know what i didnt read the whole question! silly me, and you are correct. thanks...wait why am i on this thread I just sold my 417x!?!?!?! lol
Did you end up picking up the rango buggy? I just built and converted a MP9. It's fun playing in the dirt!! I'm sure Big T will release a 417 WC or 418 kit after Worlds that you can buy.
__________________
- Middle River Hobbies - The Track -
John.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #3142
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
Did you end up picking up the rango buggy? I just built and converted a MP9. It's fun playing in the dirt!! I'm sure Big T will release a 417 WC or 418 kit after Worlds that you can buy.
got the durango v3 and is fuly hopped! cant imagine what 418 will be like? hope they go Awesomatrix way really like that design
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #3143
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
Default

I was just looking over some pictures from the ETS in appeldorn.

On the picture with a prank on marc's car it appears they have moved the rear stabilizer more towards the center by drilling a hole in the arm.
Also there are double cardans in the rear.
Plus it looks to be a gear diff in front by the looks of the outdrives.

And the chassis and topdeck looks different.
The topdeck looks wider and there is now a brace in front, a bit farther back than on the 417 model.
There is no cut outs in the chassis in the battery side.
Maybe the 417x just got too soft?

BR, Steffan
Steffanchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #3144
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffanchr View Post
I was just looking over some pictures from the ETS in appeldorn.

On the picture with a prank on marc's car it appears they have moved the rear stabilizer more towards the center by drilling a hole in the arm.
Also there are double cardans in the rear.
Plus it looks to be a gear diff in front by the looks of the outdrives.

And the chassis and topdeck looks different.
The topdeck looks wider and there is now a brace in front, a bit farther back than on the 417 model.
There is no cut outs in the chassis in the battery side.
Maybe the 417x just got too soft?

BR, Steffan
Good pick up, maybe that's the new 2.5mm chassis and top deck posted a few pages back?

I've been running the original 417 top deck on my X, it seems to get in and out of the corner better with it
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #3145
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Hi Craig,

Havent got my 417x yet, its in backorder, but should be here before the worlds.

I dont understand they mention traction rolling at appeldorn, I dont remember there was so much grip last year, and at heemstede without additive I would think that traction could be an issue, and therefore more flex is best.

Maybe I have to build it with the 417 chassis/topdeck. Or already now order the stiffer parts - Will see next week at the warmup.

3 tamiyas in front after q1, good job

Steffan
Steffanchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #3146
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffanchr View Post
I was just looking over some pictures from the ETS in appeldorn.

On the picture with a prank on marc's car it appears they have moved the rear stabilizer more towards the center by drilling a hole in the arm.
Also there are double cardans in the rear.
Plus it looks to be a gear diff in front by the looks of the outdrives.

And the chassis and topdeck looks different.
The topdeck looks wider and there is now a brace in front, a bit farther back than on the 417 model.
There is no cut outs in the chassis in the battery side.
Maybe the 417x just got too soft?

BR, Steffan
On that picture I also believe we see the new 42231 TRF Damper Ball Connectors.
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #3147
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Good point kentech, looks nice. Both on the arm and at the tower.
Steffanchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #3148
Tech Adept
 
FunkyDunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffanchr View Post
Good point kentech, looks nice. Both on the arm and at the tower.
Guys where have you seen these pictures? Really interested in looking myself?

Thanks
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #3149
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
Guys where have you seen these pictures? Really interested in looking myself?

Thanks
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...inardprank.jpg

__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #3150
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,262
Default

Its hard to see if its the thicker top deck, it might just be the 417 top deck.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
badboy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net