R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #3091
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Marc is at Reedy a week early. It's game time for worlds, huh?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #3092
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Potential travel plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Smith View Post
Thanks alot.
How's Northern Ireland this time of year, my wife and I would love to spend at least a couple of weeks there. When is the best time to go and what cities do you recommend going to and spending the most time. In what cities are there RC indoor or outdoor carpet or asphalt tracks that you go to. I really would like to see some if we go there!
Thanks in advance!
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EXO-6,TA-07,TRF419,EVO-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #3093
Tech Initiate
 
G-kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
How's Northern Ireland this time of year, my wife and I would love to spend at least a couple of weeks there. When is the best time to go and what cities do you recommend going to and spending the most time. In what cities are there RC indoor or outdoor carpet or asphalt tracks that you go to. I really would like to see some if we go there!
Thanks in advance!
Hey
You'd be better leaving your trip to June/July as our weather mostly consists of rain. Well the only main cities i guess are Belfast/Derry maybe Newcastle and Portrush too. But its a short trip across the border into Donegal or Dublin. As for racing we only have one outdoor track up north and one down in Dublin for 1/10th and our indoor carpet only runs during winter.
G-kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #3094
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Bay
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
It depends how much power you put through it. Wilck's method is the same as what Kiyo told me at TITC, and in mod I still had coning after only a couple runs. My friend though runs 17.5 boost and so far his diff is fine.

On the O-ring front check out kyosho part # ORG05. They fit straight in and come in a pack of 10 and will stop the leaks.

I still find it a bit hard to believe that the team put up with a diff this shoddy. They only need to change the orings and the length of the pin to have the best diff on the market

What is Wilck's and Kiyo's method specifically?
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #3095
Tech Rookie
 
A_Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
How's Northern Ireland this time of year, my wife and I would love to spend at least a couple of weeks there. When is the best time to go and what cities do you recommend going to and spending the most time. In what cities are there RC indoor or outdoor carpet or asphalt tracks that you go to. I really would like to see some if we go there!
Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately the weather at the mineute is not great. Rather cold and wet for this time of year but Northern Ireland is a beautiful country with very nice countryside and scenic views. Belfast is the main city here but to be honest this is not the place to come to go shopping. Come to our we country to see the beautiful coastlines and meet the friendliest people in the world....

If you are coming over i would highly recommend highering a car and just travel all over and especially doing the north coast.

As for RC racing there is not a massive scene here but we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
A_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #3096
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Smith View Post
... we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
Which offers free Guinness to all participants
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #3097
Tech Rookie
 
A_Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
Which offers free Guinness to all participants
No actually free bushmills wiskeys as its 15 minutes down the road lol
A_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #3098
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: traveling to Ireland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Smith View Post
Unfortunately the weather at the mineute is not great. Rather cold and wet for this time of year but Northern Ireland is a beautiful country with very nice countryside and scenic views. Belfast is the main city here but to be honest this is not the place to come to go shopping. Come to our we country to see the beautiful coastlines and meet the friendliest people in the world....

If you are coming over i would highly recommend highering a car and just travel all over and especially doing the north coast.

As for RC racing there is not a massive scene here but we have a very good outdoor on road track which is based in Ballymoney. there is club meetings held there every 2 weeks.
I believe your right, to get the full affect of seeing a country is to travel the roads on your own but we need to rent a car to really see the countryside. But, one question, don't you have the steering wheel on the right side of the car! I've been to Japan and it's very confusing driving on the opposite side of the road. You actually aren't allowed to drive on the road. You have to travel by train, cab, bike or bus.
I guess I assumed that indoor race tracks would be more popular because of what you said about the long rain seasons.
A little rain isn't going to stop me from going! Was just hoping to see how RC racing is done in other countries. See what type of racing is the most popular! Here in So.Cal. offroad is very popular and onroad is 2nd best. We have outdoor onroad and indoor asphalt and then indoor carpet.
Indoor offroad is very popular, with all the many brushless systems being available at the hobby stores and tracks!
I guess we are spoiled here, having so many choices!
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EXO-6,TA-07,TRF419,EVO-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #3099
Tech Regular
 
svndayNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I just bought some stuff off RC market, wheels tyres oils pinions spurs that sort of thing. I typically buy off speedtech and ship to NZ, theyre really thorough email you once the order has gone through etc and email you again when the order leaves.
RC Market..nothing. I have no idea where what my orders up to if they even got it. Money is out of my paypal.

Anybody else had experience? Do i just sit and hope?
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #3100
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svndayNZ View Post
I just bought some stuff off RC market, wheels tyres oils pinions spurs that sort of thing. I typically buy off speedtech and ship to NZ, theyre really thorough email you once the order has gone through etc and email you again when the order leaves.
RC Market..nothing. I have no idea where what my orders up to if they even got it. Money is out of my paypal.

Anybody else had experience? Do i just sit and hope?
Always buy stuff from rcmarket, never had any problem and I am down here in Brazil.
__________________
ARC R10 - ORCA - SANWA - EPIC
Fabricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #3101
Tech Regular
 
svndayNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
Always buy stuff from rcmarket, never had any problem and I am down here in Brazil.
Cheers mate. So it is common for them to just have non existent customer service? Ill check my mail box this week.
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #3102
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Yep market is ok, normally you get some automated emails saying your order has been processed, and normally it ships in around 2 days.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #3103
Tech Regular
 
svndayNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I need to eat my words in a back way. Spam inbox had 3 emails from rcmarket confirming my order, an update on my order and full shipping details. Thanks for your help guys. Big thumbs up to market
svndayNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #3104
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody have a 416WE they can loan Rheinard for a few months?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #3105
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,104
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

If it is for the WC at Holland i know one that is selling one.
Or a 416X.

regards Roy
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net