R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #286
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes on the spur and not every spur gear will fit. It must have 4 holes in the right spot so the adapter can sandwich the spur in. There are no screws holding the spur in anymore. It all goes together and is held together by 1 e-clip. Very cool
__________________
Joe

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #287
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
TheRock899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #288
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: JPRaceway Philippines
Posts: 1,192
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock899 View Post
Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
yes, it comes with two 64 pitch spur gears. 111 and 113 tooth.
JPRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #289
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between the 416 spool cups and the 417 spool cups?

Anyone notice.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #290
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGlover View Post
Yes on the spur and not every spur gear will fit. It must have 4 holes in the right spot so the adapter can sandwich the spur in. There are no screws holding the spur in anymore. It all goes together and is held together by 1 e-clip. Very cool
i just wish spur gears are accessible without removing the upper plate
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #291
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I like to loosen the screws on the top deck periodically throughout the day anyway to let the car relax so removing them takes an extra 2 mins.

How often do you change a spur gear at the track anyway? Unless you strip one of course but I haven't done that in a long time.
__________________
Joe

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #292
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
What is the difference between the 416 spool cups and the 417 spool cups?

Anyone notice.
They are the same. Its the same spool too. The bulkheads are narrower but the bearing holder is recessed in the bulkhead so the spool width is still the same.
__________________
Joe

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #293
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The other things I noticed is the motor is .5 to .75mm higher than the 416x and the top deck is 1mm higher too.
__________________
Joe

Real men race MODIFIED!!
JoeGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #294
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGlover View Post
The other things I noticed is the motor is .5 to .75mm higher than the 416x and the top deck is 1mm higher too.
Motor is higher probably cause of it rubbing the track on the 416x and higher top deck for more flex.

Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #295
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.

sometimes I think it's the other way round.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #296
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
sometimes I think it's the other way round.
True. The TCX did copy the 416x. But the 417 copied the TCX in some ways too. Plan to setup the 417 as close as I can to TCX and see if I can tell the difference.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #297
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

We saw them experimenting with raising the motor as far back as Reedy, which I think predates the TCX, right?

Is the manual online anywhere?

What's the story with belts on the car, are they different than the 416/416X? It looks like there's a new front belt?

51439 TRF417 Low Fric Drive Belt Front
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #298
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
We saw them experimenting with raising the motor as far back as Reedy, which I think predates the TCX, right?

Is the manual online anywhere?

What's the story with belts on the car, are they different than the 416/416X? It looks like there's a new front belt?

51439 TRF417 Low Fric Drive Belt Front
519mm front belt and 177mm rear belt or in other words 1 tooth longer front belt than X and the rear belt is the same. Can be seen from the pictures of ets race 2.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #299
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

hey guys,

In general, what pinion gears do you guys usually carry around?
TheRock899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #300
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Blank setup sheet @ http://kentech.blogs.se
Will post more pictures as soon as I have time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock899 View Post
Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPRacing View Post
yes, it comes with two 64 pitch spur gears. 111 and 113 tooth.
The spurs are 0.4 pitch but compatible with 64 pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Motor is higher probably cause of it rubbing the track on the 416x and higher top deck for more flex.

Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.
The upper deck is higher to clear 25.1mm lipos.
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net