R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #2371
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post
Guys. I've looked everywhere for a 417x. Where are they available.
Official Release Date is "mid Dec '11....

But some of the European distributors have released early (as early as 2 weeks ago) , but doubt any have stock left. Best is to place a pre-order and wait with the rest of us...
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #2372
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,125
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I hear the delivery truck full of 417X's spun out on its way to deliver them to the hobby shops. It could be a while.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #2373
Tech Regular
 
EvilDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to EvilDriver Send a message via Skype™ to EvilDriver
Default

Just wondering if anyone have experience in using exotek new flexible chassis for 417.. ? and would it be a good alternative than getting the new 417x ? just wondering as My 417 is only 2 big races old
__________________
|Xcampus Team Driver |
|Tamiya | TRF | LRP | TEKIN | ORION | Sorex | Futaba| Echologygrafixx |Sweep |
EvilDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #2374
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I hear the delivery truck full of 417X's spun out on its way to deliver them to the hobby shops. It could be a while.
Hater!...I did however find the official Delivery Vehicle of Team Xray...

Here is it...



I think they tried to find a delivery vehicle that matched the driving abilities of the T3...I think they nailed it
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #2375
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: JPRaceway Philippines
Posts: 1,192
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Damn....This thread is brutal
JPRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #2376
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hater!...I did however find the official Delivery Vehicle of Team Xray...

Here is it...



I think they tried to find a delivery vehicle that matched the driving abilities of the T3...I think they nailed it
Mwhuahahaha
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #2377
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hater!...I did however find the official Delivery Vehicle of Team Xray...

Here is it...



I think they tried to find a delivery vehicle that matched the driving abilities of the T3...I think they nailed it
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #2378
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hater!...I did however find the official Delivery Vehicle of Team Xray...

I think they tried to find a delivery vehicle that matched the driving abilities of the T3...I think they nailed it
ouch!!! That's GOLD!!! Luv it, art!!!
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #2379
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,125
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

That's pretty funny. I was laughing last night too, after watching a video of Marc's 417X kick out in half the turns at IIC'11.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #2380
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
That's pretty funny. I was laughing last night too, after watching a video of Marc's 417X kick out in half the turns at IIC'11.
uhh..
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF417-screen-shot-2011-12-06-9.39.44-am.png  
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #2381
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,114
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

OMG yur bad

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hater!...I did however find the official Delivery Vehicle of Team Xray...

Here is it...



I think they tried to find a delivery vehicle that matched the driving abilities of the T3...I think they nailed it
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #2382
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,125
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
uhh..
Yeah, even the most prolific driver in the history of on-road can't keep the car from squaring up too fast on carpet. He finished 5th 'cause his car was all over the place when he pushed it and tried to catch up. What's your point? Ronald put a sick pass on Marc because his car was out of shape, doing what it does best: Having the ass set to full retard instead of following the front. Whatever the engineers are doing with this car, it seems like they're doing it for asphalt. On carpet, it's a turd.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #2383
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Yeah, even the most prolific driver in the history of on-road can't keep the car from squaring up too fast on carpet. What's your point? Ronald put a sick pass on Marc because his car was out of shape in a high speed section, doing what it does best, having the ass set to full retard instead of following the front. Whatever the engineers are doing with this car, it seems like they're doing it for asphalt. On carpet, it's a turd.
My Point? A morning laugh
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #2384
Tech Fanatic
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Yeah, even the most prolific driver in the history of on-road can't keep the car from squaring up too fast on carpet. What's your point? Ronald put a sick pass on Marc because his car was out of shape in a high speed section, doing what it does best, having the ass set to full retard instead of following the front. Whatever the engineers are doing with this car, it seems like they're doing it for asphalt. On carpet, it's a turd.
Hey Adam...I know you're smart enough to understand the Yokomo Vs. Tamiya conversation is different than the Xray vs. Tamiya debate

And Art - I thought you ran a TC6?
__________________
Brett H - M03, TRF417, RM01x
"Slow Sportsman"
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #2385
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Yeah, even the most prolific driver in the history of on-road can't keep the car from squaring up too fast on carpet. He finished 5th 'cause his car was all over the place when he pushed it and tried to catch up. What's your point? Ronald put a sick pass on Marc because his car was out of shape, doing what it does best: Having the ass set to full retard instead of following the front. Whatever the engineers are doing with this car, it seems like they're doing it for asphalt. On carpet, it's a turd.
Can't refute that the carpet settings are well behind where the car is on asphalt, but with out trying to sound too harsh on Marc and Viktor, they aren't, umm, the best development drivers in the world... but boy they can wheel!

Do know that Marc spent a few days at Yatabe with the TRF boys (and with Ronald in attendance) recently, and I'm pretty sure the carpet settings will have taken a damm good step forward... jeez, I know mine did in the space of 2days, given my 7 had never ever been on the rug!
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net