R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #2356
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,104
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

You have to tell us more about the setup and your problem.
Do you have no traction at the rear? front? overall?
What tires are you using?
10.5 blinky or with timing?
I know , a lot of question but we need to know to help you as much as possible.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate_Nemeth View Post
Hi,

I've got problems with my car (TRF-417)

In the Hungarian Tamiya Cup we've got slippery carpet.I use the car with 10.5T brushless motor.My problem is find the traction in the carpet.I've cut the motor mount and the upper deck for more traction but it isn't help.I use 450 oil in the dampers and MR33 B oil in the gear diff.I don't know what can i do for more traction.If someone can help me would be very well.

Thanks,

Mate
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #2357
Tech Rookie
 
Mate_Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Budapest
Posts: 11
Default

I haven't got overall traction
We use HPI Challange 30 tires because we use only this tire. (and i use nosram traction additive.
My motor is SpeedPassion MMM 10.5T with SpeedPassion v2.1 ESC (with timing/turbo function.
The temperature is about 24-26C
I cut the upper deck in front and rear and i use 2-piece suspension mount.

Regards,

Mate
Mate_Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #2358
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 572
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Hey guys, just wondering if there is anything online that explains the different suspension blocks ( 1e,1a, 1xa,1c,1b). this is my first tamiya and its a little confusing. Thanks for the help..
hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip SuspensionBlocks.zip (6.7 KB, 118 views)
Minami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #2359
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,104
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What about track wide front and rear?
What suspension blocks are you using?
Position of the dampers on the shock tower?
The oil you use in the geardiff what WT value is that?
The stock 900 from Tamiya is a good starting point.
I find the Nosram/LRP tire traction fluid not so good but this could differ from track to track.

regards Roy
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #2360
Tech Rookie
 
Mate_Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Budapest
Posts: 11
Default

I use 1C-1C 1XA-1E suspension blocks.
The front dampers in the 2nd hole (from the inside) and the rear is in the 3rd hole.(I've got MR33 and HPI Springs but the Tamiya was the best one)
I dont know the value of MR33 B oil but i think it's about 700-800WT
I've got MR33,CS High Grip and Nosram traction fluid but i didn't tried the other 2 fluids.

regards,

Mate
Mate_Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #2361
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,104
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Starting point for me on carpet low traction is:
Front:
Suspension blocks 1C-1C
Dampers the second or 3th position from the outside.
Blue Tamiya spring.
Hard stabilizer.
Inner camber link 5MM spacer.
Camber 1.5.
1 degree toe out.
Ackermann 5MM spacer
Rear:
Suspension blocks 1XB-1C
Damper position second hole from the outside.
Yellow Tamiya spring.
Inner link 5/6MM spacer.
Outer link 1/2MM spacer
3 degrees camber.
Tire sauce i use if i can get my hands on is Trinity tire tweak or Jack the gripper.
I also use tire warmers.
Body i like is the Dodge Stratus.
Hope this helps you a bit to find the traction you want.

regards Roy
Soft or no stabilizer.
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #2362
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,086
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfeelcold View Post
I need alot more corner entry steering.

I have played alot with roll centres, oils (350cst to 500cst, rebound, no rebound, holes in the caps, no holes in the caps), springs (HPI blue, silver, pink and gold), wheelbase, ackermann and even some front arm sweep (1D FF - 1XB FR).

The car is good from the middle of the corner to the exit but lacks to much going in. Nothing I have tried so far has had any influence on turn in. The car is new, tyres (MM32) are new. LTC-R shell 5mm forward.

What have people found to help with the very initial turn in?
I assume this is for an asphalt track...

I would try 350CST with Silver/Silver, rebound will depend on the bumpiness of the track surface. outside I run usually 100% rebound. 1C/1C on the front arm mounts. I would be running between -2 and -2.5 front camber. I would have a fair amount of angle in the front camber links, something like 3mm to start. I would also try a front gear diff with either 500K or putty to help solve your symptoms.

Dope 100% of the tires front and rear and consider tire warmers as well.

I believe Ed (tryhard) had pulled together some good setups with his 417 outside and he has posted them here somewhere if not they are up on the tryhard website.

Good luck!
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #2363
Tech Rookie
 
Mate_Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Budapest
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Starting point for me on carpet low traction is:
Front:
Suspension blocks 1C-1C
Dampers the second or 3th position from the outside.
Blue Tamiya spring.
Hard stabilizer.
Inner camber link 5MM spacer.
Camber 1.5.
1 degree toe out.
Ackermann 5MM spacer
Rear:
Suspension blocks 1XB-1C
Damper position second hole from the outside.
Yellow Tamiya spring.
Inner link 5/6MM spacer.
Outer link 1/2MM spacer
3 degrees camber.
Tire sauce i use if i can get my hands on is Trinity tire tweak or Jack the gripper.
I also use tire warmers.
Body i like is the Dodge Stratus.
Hope this helps you a bit to find the traction you want.

regards Roy
Soft or no stabilizer.
Thanks Roy!

I'll go race in saturday and tries what you say


regards,

Mate
__________________
.:Team Tamiya Hungary:.
Mate_Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #2364
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,104
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Your welcome and good luck.
It is my starting point when running indoor carpet.
Only difference are the tires.
I am running Sorex 28R indoor.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate_Nemeth View Post
Thanks Roy!

I'll go race in saturday and tries what you say


regards,

Mate
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #2365
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfeelcold View Post
I need alot more corner entry steering.

I have played alot with roll centres, oils (350cst to 500cst, rebound, no rebound, holes in the caps, no holes in the caps), springs (HPI blue, silver, pink and gold), wheelbase, ackermann and even some front arm sweep (1D FF - 1XB FR).

The car is good from the middle of the corner to the exit but lacks to much going in. Nothing I have tried so far has had any influence on turn in. The car is new, tyres (MM32) are new. LTC-R shell 5mm forward.

What have people found to help with the very initial turn in?
Anti dive, raise fr camber link, front shocks more stood up
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #2366
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I assume this is for an asphalt track...

I would try 350CST with Silver/Silver, rebound will depend on the bumpiness of the track surface. outside I run usually 100% rebound. 1C/1C on the front arm mounts. I would be running between -2 and -2.5 front camber. I would have a fair amount of angle in the front camber links, something like 3mm to start. I would also try a front gear diff with either 500K or putty to help solve your symptoms.

Dope 100% of the tires front and rear and consider tire warmers as well.

I believe Ed (tryhard) had pulled together some good setups with his 417 outside and he has posted them here somewhere if not they are up on the tryhard website.

Good luck!
This (HW Cup 2011) was the one I would use as my base outdoor setup these days.
Uses cut motor mount and top deck.

Things I would look to alter first to tune into the track (in no particular order)
Droop
Shock oil
Rear camber link shims
Split suspension blocks

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #2367
Tech Master
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the advice guys
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #2368
Tech Master
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
This (HW Cup 2011) was the one I would use as my base outdoor setup these days.
Uses cut motor mount and top deck.

Things I would look to alter first to tune into the track (in no particular order)
Droop
Shock oil
Rear camber link shims
Split suspension blocks

HiH
Ed
In the HW Cup 2011, where is the droop measured from?

Thanks

Josh
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #2369
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfeelcold View Post
In the HW Cup 2011, where is the droop measured from?

Thanks

Josh
I use a gauge under the outer hinge pin. Works out to around 8.5/7.5mm to the pin centre (exactly as the sheet shows). 6/5 droop didn't work out too well on the HW track, didn't allow the car to "bite" in the surface.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #2370
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Guys. I've looked everywhere for a 417x. Where are they available. Everywhere I look says not in stock.
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saudi Arabia RC Club grizzle Manila Racers 6558 01-06-2017 08:50 AM
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 11:02 AM
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X academygaz Electric On-Road 10619 01-01-2015 03:36 PM
Tamiya TA05 IFS rcforum Electric On-Road 1132 12-18-2014 05:19 AM
"Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors JGH Electric On-Road 1996 05-27-2014 06:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net