Tamiya TRF417

Old 11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisk
thanks for the tips

top deck and motor mount are cut

i did complete the setup sheet but when i saved as a jpeg it lost quality

does anybody know how to upload a pdf file?

i will try a couple of things

28 are too soft, i do run them in the middle of winter but too soft now.

1E on rear would be to much as i want to not loose straight line speed.

Ed, are you saying to try silver on the rear as well as the front?

if i can work out how to upload a pdf you can see the camber links and shocks
Hey Chris,

Yes, can try silver rear, for me has always seemed to work better.
As for pdf... [start shamless plug] if you sign up to my forum at www.thard.co.uk you can upload them there in the 417 setup section [end shamless plug]

Lee us know how any of the changes work. Something else I forgot to mention as well... could always drop the rear oil to 400 as well.

HiH
Ed
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ed

thanks and i am already a member, setup sheet posted for comment

cheers Chris
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard

Still thinking blue again?
Red

Don't ask...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Ed

thanks and i am already a member, setup sheet posted for comment

cheers Chris
ahhh... I think I might have found part the issue. The setup is marked up as using the outer shock hole on the rear arm, any particular reason for it?
If not, try going in one hole (need to flip the arm), that will help to make the rear a little softer and should help to give more rear end.
Otherwise, try dropping the rear shocks in one hole. This will make the shock more progressive, (initially softer, and then stiffening up), which should help on power traction.
Try those two first, and see what the reaction is and let us know. By the sounds of it the car is close, so just needs some tweaks rather than full scale changes (although do give the front end changes from above a try if you get the chance )
HiH
Ed
Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Arrowmax

I bought a set of ArrowmaxI Ecs shafts for my 417, but they shipped me the wrong wheel bearing? The bearing fits over the axle, but too small for the inner housing of the upright.

I was hoping to test this weekend, but have to wait for the sproper bearings to arrive?...provided the retailer takes care of it.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

ahhh... I think I might have found part the issue. The setup is marked up as using the outer shock hole on the rear arm, any particular reason for it?
If not, try going in one hole (need to flip the arm), that will help to make the rear a little softer and should help to give more rear end.
Otherwise, try dropping the rear shocks in one hole. This will make the shock more progressive, (initially softer, and then stiffening up), which should help on power traction.
Try those two first, and see what the reaction is and let us know. By the sounds of it the car is close, so just needs some tweaks rather than full scale changes (although do give the front end changes from above a try if you get the chance )
HiH
Ed
Just realized that the arms are reversible...dooohh!!
2 races into the season and just noticed that the left to right setup is different (different lower arm shock position left to right). Just rectified the situation. The car was up to now slightly unpredictable, do we think that maybe this will fix the "unpredictableness" of the car? This must be the reason why the chassis was showing to have some tweak!!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Just realized that the arms are reversible...dooohh!!
2 races into the season and just noticed that the left to right setup is different (different lower arm shock position left to right). Just rectified the situation. The car was up to now slightly unpredictable, do we think that maybe this will fix the "unpredictableness" of the car? This must be the reason why the chassis was showing to have some tweak!!
Absolutely why the chassis will have shown some tweak... you'll have quite different shock rates on the car side to side, and would make the car steer different left to right.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

ChrisK - I would try either 1E rear toe block or change droop settings slightly for alittle more weight transfer.

just my 2p's worth
Old 11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for all the tips, I'll try a few things and get the car ready for Tuesday night racing again.

Smarty pants, I try not got to the e block as 21.5 blinks needs as much speed as I can get on the straights, but it will be an option during my testing.

Thanks all
Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
One end of the clip is bent at a 90 or so deg angle and it goes into the hole where the pin is and pushes on the pin. So the clip will not move unless you pull it off....it is unable to rotate and the gap is in a location so the pin will never find it when fully seated. If you have a 417 its how the standard 417 axles are they use the same method of holding the pin in place.
The clip has a small hook that locates into one of the redundant holes, so it can't move (rotate) around the channel... simples

Still thinking blue again?
thanks guys
Originally Posted by bjspinner
Red

Don't ask...
News travels fast
Old 11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the tips, I'll try a few things and get the car ready for Tuesday night racing again.

Smarty pants, I try not got to the e block as 21.5 blinks needs as much speed as I can get on the straights, but it will be an option during my testing.

Thanks all
I don't know if this has been suggested but loosen up the upper deck screws ,and have someone press the car (front/rear) downwards then tighten the screws again. Sometimes the upper deck can tweak the chassis if it wasn't installed properly.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default AE Green Slime on TRF Shocks?

Is it recommended to use AE Green Slime on the TRF shocks?
I know some people use it to stop leakage, are there any adverse affects? Most importantly, where does one recommend to apply the stuff? on the o-ring?

Thx Guys!!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone knows what servo horn is in this picture?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-My68yt0Gyd.../Updates-1.jpg

Any recommendation for servo horns ?
Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by halayli
Anyone knows what servo horn is in this picture?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-My68yt0Gyd.../Updates-1.jpg

Any recommendation for servo horns ?
Sanwa.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
Is it recommended to use AE Green Slime on the TRF shocks?
I know some people use it to stop leakage, are there any adverse affects? Most importantly, where does one recommend to apply the stuff? on the o-ring?

Thx Guys!!
Green slime is used on orings. I don't think you need it on Tammy shocks, they don't leak

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.