Search
Like Tree12Likes

T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
This happens very often with link cars. if you hit something really hard you should take everything off the pod plate. And then check it. With nothing on the pod plate (just graphite) it should transitiion from left to right smoothly and fall under its own weight.

Always check this with everything off the pod because it will be much easier to tell this way.

If your car is ill handling or your side springs look all messed up this is the first thing you should check. Then move onto other places.
Thanks Larry, I will keep my eye on the football although it doesn't look like a football actually it looks like a half moon or maybe Star-Trek outfit communicator

Too bad your not here to assist me cause I can't for the life of me get the car to settle down and steer on or off power and even when trying to compensate with driving it's still too loose and not tracking well

Even worse they re-did layout so no groove yet

What deal with the devil do I have to make to get usable steering and locked in rear to compliment that sterring ...lol

I just like and am use to putting the car where I want to with consistency and driving it fast but even when I'm lucky enough to do an tight lap it still sucks through the chican, on power and with turn in

Will keep on trying my best...

Honestly the best car here is an 5.1 with totally chunked grey rears and magenta ft and EJ's car while using pink rear/ft can't keep up with it no matter how well he drives

No one can

Not yet

Steve Tsuruda rules

p.s. On a happy note I get my charger on sunday and have everything to race now and hobby store ordered an buttload of CRC tires

I hope everyone racing mod inside will still be racing when we use the outdoor track then 12th mod and 17.5 will still be alive and well in Norcal
Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Thanks Larry, I will keep my eye on the football although it doesn't look like a football actually it looks like a half moon or maybe Star-Trek outfit communicator

Too bad your not here to assist me cause I can't for the life of me get the car to settle down and steer on or off power and even when trying to compensate with driving it's still too loose and not tracking well

Even worse they re-did layout so no groove yet

What deal with the devil do I have to make to get usable steering and locked in rear to compliment that sterring ...lol

I just like and am use to putting the car where I want to with consistency and driving it fast but even when I'm lucky enough to do an tight lap it still sucks through the chican, on power and with turn in

Will keep on trying my best...

Honestly the best car here is an 5.1 with totally chunked grey rears and magenta ft and EJ's car while using pink rear/ft can't keep up with it no matter how well he drives

No one can

Not yet

Steve Tsuruda rules

p.s. On a happy note I get my charger on sunday and have everything to race now and hobby store ordered an buttload of CRC tires

I hope everyone racing mod inside will still be racing when we use the outdoor track then 12th mod and 17.5 will still be alive and well in Norcal
Not yet is the answer! You will beat him some day and so will I. Have faith and stop wanting instant results. I'm still enjoying the ride and havent got there yet myself.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Not yet is the answer! You will beat him some day and so will I. Have faith and stop wanting instant results. I'm still enjoying the ride and havent got there yet myself.
Instant is not my objective ...lol

And wanting to beat Steve or anyone is not my focus, just a car that works well for my abilities and the track at hand

I was just meaning to validate Steve's "interesting" setup and abilities

Ever thought about copying Steve's setup since you both got AE cause he's dialed

And if I had lost faith I'd stop posting

And why are you saying I'm not enjoying the ride...lol

I think your massively misreading my posts dude!

Double

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 12-13-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Kelly, are you on crack?

Just wondering, because EJ has run 1/12th scale in that series three times and won twice. Oh, and set the track record. Not to diminish the fact that Steve T has been running great, duct tape and all...
Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Instant is not my objective ...lol

And wanting to beat Steve or anyone is not my focus, just a car that works well for my abilities and the track at hand

I was just meaning to validate Steve's "interesting" setup and abilities

Ever thought about copying Steve's setup since you both got AE cause he's dialed

And if I had lost faith I'd stop posting

Double
Steve has been doing this for a long time now and has gone through everything we are now. So what I was saying is we will get there too. I dont really want to follow his set up. I dont want to throw miss matched tires on have no shock oil in my shock have a ride height of about 6mm. Haha Im just playing Steve. I am amayzed at his set up and how it works for him. I look at all the set up sheets from everyone and just try them. My 17.5 12r5 is dialed and my 10r5 is getting there. The only thing I am working on is my mod 12r5 set up. You should maybe copy the Top guys set up or just keep trying stuff that fits you.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by odpurple
Kelly, are you on crack?

Just wondering, because EJ has run 1/12th scale in that series three times and won twice. Oh, and set the track record. Not to diminish the fact that Steve T has been running great, duct tape and all...
Not to invalidate anyone's accomplishments for that would serve no one but in genuine interest when I was checking out EJ's car he said it was not doing so well and since I've been to almost every series race, I remember clearly that Steve this last race was almost a lap ahead of everyone when something broke and EJ then took the win

Don't get me wrong I like the whole fan boy thing I just also like giving credit when a ordinary dude puts together a complete package that may not be the most attractive package but indeed is totally dialed for whatever reasons. I personally have no problem giving a guy like Steve props or anyone for that matter when he's ripping up the track

Even though my car is sucking at the present moment I believe my best lap is only 3/10 th's off the track "record" having only raced 3 times in 8 years ...lol

And sorry OD most around here have chosen MJ over crack lately

Shouldn't you ...lol

p.s. I'm honestly just stoked that all the 12th mod and 17.5 racers are there for this limited time series and I just want to keep it positive so "we" have a 12th program at the great track Norcal all throughout the winter and into the spring and summer whether on carpet or asphalt it doesn't matter to me I just want to race 12th...

Also want to give "props" to Chris Dodson for coming out there and racing mod already getting two seconds and sitting in 3rd for the series.

Norcal = "The place to race" *12th scale*

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Steve has been doing this for a long time now and has gone through everything we are now. So what I was saying is we will get there too. I dont really want to follow his set up. I dont want to throw miss matched tires on have no shock oil in my shock have a ride height of about 6mm. Haha Im just playing Steve. I am amayzed at his set up and how it works for him. I look at all the set up sheets from everyone and just try them. My 17.5 12r5 is dialed and my 10r5 is getting there. The only thing I am working on is my mod 12r5 set up. You should maybe copy the Top guys set up or just keep trying stuff that fits you.
Wow copying top guys setups...lol...I would never have thought of that

Thanks

And I'm not uncertain I will get it, Josh I'm just am expressing myself on this forum with what is going on for me with no despair or worry just enthusiasm and amusement for those who are reading clearly No need to project anything onto me I'm just being myself and sharing my experience openly cause it's fun and I like to interact with setups and the whole internet RCTECH experience with all these great and helpful international participants

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 12-12-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good blinky 17.5 setup for indoor carpet pretty high grip but not too crazy? something that could get me in the ball park... Thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Does anyone have a good blinky 17.5 setup for indoor carpet pretty high grip but not too crazy? something that could get me in the ball park... Thanks
http://www.racerlog.com/w/images/8/8...-175blinky.pdf
Old 12-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

got my first run with the car under my belt in blinkly 17.5 and having never driving a 1/12 car really and I beat fast lap by .40sec! lol the car is awesome out of the box my question is as far as t.o.p. springs whats softest to stiffest? and how does reactive caster effect the car? thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer x 1; 12-26-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer x 1
got my first run with the car under my belt in blinkly 17.5 wit the car and having never driving a 1/12 car really and I beat fast lap by .40sec! lol the car is awesome out of the box my question is as far as t.o.p. springs whats softest to stiffest? and how does reactive caster effect the car? thanks in advance!
Hi

Gold hardest , silver , copper. I run gold all around

Reactive caster changes til caster as you brake or turns in to the corner , so that you have less caster , and therefor more turn in. I run so you just can a little air in top of the screw head.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

And where do the balck springs fall in with the rest for the rear shock and side springs? just curious.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Black is softest.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was practicing with my Rebel earlier this week and I was experiencing an insane amount of oversteer when entering a turn. I was running pink rears and magenta fronts. I switched to black fronts base on some recommendations that I got and that did help but I still have too much initial bite on turn in. Any recommendations as to what I can do to make things a bit more neutral? I'm running the stock springs all the way around and 60wt shock oil.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
I was practicing with my Rebel earlier this week and I was experiencing an insane amount of oversteer when entering a turn. I was running pink rears and magenta fronts. I switched to black fronts base on some recommendations that I got and that did help but I still have too much initial bite on turn in. Any recommendations as to what I can do to make things a bit more neutral? I'm running the stock springs all the way around and 60wt shock oil.

Thanks!
Magenta to black is a huge difference. Did the car push with blacks? If not-- your rear end is probably too stiff. Id recommended black side springs to start with

Make sure your caster is still correct. Hits / crashes can cause the upper links to bend giving you a TON of caster.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delawareguy

Thanks!
That's not much info that you give..

How's your rear pod droop? (sounds like you have to much)
What reactive Caster do you have?
What front springs
What side oil in your tubes

Regards Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.