T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Livingston
Does any one know what the side springs are equivalent
to the associated springs.
I know that the Asc R5 blue is lighter than the Top Black. Honestly that is the only other spring I've seen anyone else race.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
I know that the Asc R5 blue is lighter than the Top Black. Honestly that is the only other spring I've seen anyone else race.
Its actually heavier than the top black. Its between the black and the copper.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Good call on the AE side links...I just verified that they do in fact fit quite perfectly. I happened to have a few sets sitting around and after I saw this post I went and tried it.

Every now and then I get surprised on what I find out here...

Looks like anyone having issues has a good solution as the AE side links are pretty robust!

Thanks again...
No problem, glad I could help.

1airborne
Old 02-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys - how many MAh's do you use during a race? im using a 4T LRP motor and a Tekin RS pro. now looking order some batteries and looking for something that i can comfortably put into my 1/12th and not worry about the 8min race time. any help appreciated.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sagejyoung
hi guys - how many MAh's do you use during a race? im using a 4T LRP motor and a Tekin RS pro. now looking order some batteries and looking for something that i can comfortably put into my 1/12th and not worry about the 8min race time. any help appreciated.
I use a Intellect 3.7v 6400mAh 70C Li-Po that would be more than enough for mod.

Last edited by rack; 02-06-2012 at 04:38 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

I use about 2300-2400mah in a 8 min race. The battery I use is a rev-tech 6200mah. The reason you want to have a big battery is so the voltage stays as high as possible so your speed does not drop off.

1airborne
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

ok cool thanks so anything over 5000 should be enough..
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

ok cool thanks so anything over 5000 should be enough..
I think the bigger the mah the better. With a 5000mah battery you should use about half of it on an 8 min run.

1airborne
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys looking at some gearing options on my Rebel. running a 4.5T motor at ou local track and i cant seem to gear the car right with the stock spur gear....

are there any other brand of spur gear that i could try on the beast? ie does it only take a TOP spur gear? any help again would be appreciated.

thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Pretty Much any Pan car spur gear will work. PRS, Kimbrough or Top will all work. Most others will work also.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default some questions from a 1/12 newbie

Hi,

hope you guys can spare some time to help me. All my questions are on setup and build.

Questions:

1) How to measure rear droop and how to adjust it? Will the same tool use on a 1/10 touring car work on 1/12?

2) I see that there is a grub screw on the front upper arm. I assume it's for droop. If so how do you measure it?

3) For the side damper, should I fill the damper with oil or just coat the shaft?

4) What is the normal wire gauge used in 1/12 car? 14 awg? 16 awg?

Btw,
it would be good if you guys have any links to videos showing how to setup a pan car. I found one on Youtube but I can't understand his language.

That's all. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faifaisalfal
Hi,

hope you guys can spare some time to help me. All my questions are on setup and build.

Questions:

1) How to measure rear droop and how to adjust it? Will the same tool use on a 1/10 touring car work on 1/12?

2) I see that there is a grub screw on the front upper arm. I assume it's for droop. If so how do you measure it?

3) For the side damper, should I fill the damper with oil or just coat the shaft?

Btw,
it would be good if you guys have any links to videos showing how to setup a pan car. I found one on Youtube but I can't understand his language.

That's all. Thank you.
1. You adjust rear droop with the shock by loosening or tightening the ball cup on the pod side of the shock. To measure rear droop lift car by shock and how far it lifts is your droop which is average .5mm - 1mm

2. I believe that was originally intended for droop but now most use it to keep upper arm pin in place. Some put slightly larger set screw so upper arm pin does not fall out otherwise front droop is measured between the steering block and lower arm usually around .1mm to .25mm

3. Put a little inside and coat lightly then push in and clean off any extra that squirts out of hole

4. For stock 16 is fine maybe 14 for mod?

Here is the TOP rebel setup page

Here is a great thread with a buttload of 12th info

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 02-18-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Bruce Carbone - Pod Droop vs Chassis Sag -

While processing the setup sheet for the Team Speed Merchant Rev6, Speed Merchant's boss Bruce Carbone asked to add a field named "Chassis Sag" on the document. Questioning about what is Chassis Sag and if that is similar to Pod Droop, Bruce provide the following details:

Pod Droop is how far past even the bottom plate drops below the chassis at the center shock's full extension. In other words, if you look at the car from the side, and hold it in the air, it's how many degrees or millimeters the bottom plate angles downward. Personally, I've always used degrees...i.e. "I have about 2 degrees of Droop", but some people like to use Millimeters, which is basically Down-Travel past center, or past the chassis and bottom plate being even.

Chassis Sag...... is when the car is completely ready to run....ready to hit the track. Push down on your roll over antenna.....generally, the car should squat and return up, but not all the way (Unless you have your center spring really maxed out). Now, if you gently pull up on your roll over antenna, the chassis should lift until it hits the shock's full extension. Usually, about 1/2 mm, but sometimes more (especially is you have a lot of Pod Droop (bumpy tracks)). The more Chassis Sag you have, the more mellow your car is to drive, But if you have a lot of Sag, and a lot of Droop, the car will get very unpredictable...especially "off-power"...like entering a sharp 180 degree turn.....because the Droop will let too much weight transfer to the front of the car.

Source:

Originally Posted by faifaisalfal
Hi,

Questions:

Btw,

That's all. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Speed Merchant Rev6 - Bruce Carbone - Pod Droop vs Chassis Sag

Rebel setups
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Pretty Much any Pan car spur gear will work. PRS, Kimbrough or Top will all work. Most others will work also.
thanks Larry. had a great time with the rebel this weekend - so much fun. loads still to learn. this Rebel is hoot to drive..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.