R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #736
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New build

Well I should be finish with it tomorrow with final touches, new wire, motor and of course body

__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 11-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #737
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

It's about time Infinite 12th. lol
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #738
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
It's about time Infinite 12th. lol
Umm two months to get enough to race is pretty quick IMHO and I still have to borrow battery and charger and paragon

I won't be racing tomorrow but next time mod if their are two more racers for a class

Otherwise I have to pay someone back for the speedo and maybe I'll get a 13.5 next month for when their is not two other mod racers

__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #739
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Well I should be finish with it tomorrow with final touches, new wire, motor and of course body

Tjek your side links , looks like you have mounted them up site down
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #740
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Umm two months to get enough to race is pretty quick IMHO and I still have to borrow battery and charger and paragon

I won't be racing tomorrow but next time mod if their are two more racers for a class

Otherwise I have to pay someone back for the speedo and maybe I'll get a 13.5 next month for when their is not two other mod racers

Wasn't downing you dude! Just hearing you talk about it for two months seemed like forever, thats all. I'm glad your finally almost there. Hey in your picture it also looks as though your center shock needs to be the other way with the body facing down. At least thats what i was told from OD and Sharpe. Maybe they were just messing with me.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #741
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Tjek your side links , looks like you have mounted them up site down
I run them like that also. I dont like the recessed part on top. Unless your springs are PERFECT they will click on the ledge of the link once in a while.

that is crazy annoying to me so from the very first build I had on this car about a year ago I have been running the links upside down and have had pretty good success with it.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #742
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Tjek your side links , looks like you have mounted them up site down
One of the reasons I bought the car was the spring holders but they don't work as I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Wasn't downing you dude! Just hearing you talk about it for two months seemed like forever, thats all. I'm glad your finally almost there. Hey in your picture it also looks as though your center shock needs to be the other way with the body facing down. At least thats what i was told from OD and Sharpe. Maybe they were just messing with me.
I am kinda worn out with excitement also. Should be good to go next time if my work goes well this week

OD and Sharpe are the village elders and have vowed to always mess with everyone

Yea upside down keeps the bubbles if any away from the piston. I have to glue it also since it has slop that you can feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I run them like that also. I dont like the recessed part on top. Unless your springs are PERFECT they will click on the ledge of the link once in a while.

that is crazy annoying to me so from the very first build I had on this car about a year ago I have been running the links upside down and have had pretty good success with it.
Having the perfect spring is ideal but perfect springs are hard to find

I will probably go through several packs of springs to have the collection I want for ft and side
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #743
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,539
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Nice ride Kelly.
Good to see it's coming together.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #744
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Nice ride Kelly.
Good to see it's coming together.
Thank you

I made you a awesome song collection but not sure you got it?
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #745
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 185
Default Motor mount

Hi

What kind of motor mount are you running ?? Have this weekend been racing at the local track , and found that the new motor mount gives a little more steering in to the corner over the stock one. Was unlucky to bend it and have to change to the stock one , and it gave a lot of understeer. But what of the 2 types are you using ??

Thanks

Michael
Denmark
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale-po-rch004rd.jpg  
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #746
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Are you guys using the screws that came with the kit to mount the rear tires? it seems like they are too short to hold the tires on firmly.

Also, which threaded axles fit the Rebel? I keep dropping the little e-clip.
Delawareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #747
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
Are you guys using the screws that came with the kit to mount the rear tires? it seems like they are too short to hold the tires on firmly.

Also, which threaded axles fit the Rebel? I keep dropping the little e-clip.
The screws work that come with the kit. They are a little softer than most other screws but get newer harder srews the same size thread. I replaced my front axles with associated 12r5 and get rid of that damn e-clip. After losing a few dozen trying to put those things on i said forget it.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #748
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
The screws work that come with the kit. They are a little softer than most other screws but get newer harder srews the same size thread. I replaced my front axles with associated 12r5 and get rid of that damn e-clip. After losing a few dozen trying to put those things on i said forget it.
Are there certain wheels that won't work on the car? It seems like the stock screws just aren't long enough.

My build is almost done. Thanks to everyone that provided answers to my many questions along the way.
Delawareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #749
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delawareguy View Post
Are there certain wheels that won't work on the car? It seems like the stock screws just aren't long enough.

My build is almost done. Thanks to everyone that provided answers to my many questions along the way.
Well I'm not sure on that one. I was using CRC wheels and Parma. I thought they all mounted the same. What brand wheel are you trying too use, or do you know? If you like the wheel you have just get a little longer screws of that same thread.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #750
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,006
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Buy screws from mcmaster.com. 2.5mmx10mm cap head. Their flat head screws are really good too.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Trains and Lanes Onroad Racing Summer 08 edition t_laible Racing Forum 2280 06-09-2010 02:41 PM
FS: 1/12 Scale, GTB, 9650 Servo, receivers, Setup Station, DPD, Lathe, +more revolution31 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 27 12-18-2009 12:09 PM
3-10-2007 Trenton Carpet Racing ShaunMac Georgia Racing 10 03-09-2007 02:49 PM
Hampton MN Rc Racing Mark O'Brien Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 411 01-05-2007 12:47 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0