R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #571
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.C View Post
Does anyone have information about the release date for the revised left hub?
T.O.P. has not told us of any revision to the hub. That doesn't mean they aren't working on one though

Thanks John C. for providing us with a pdf copy of the Rebel 12 manual. If anyone wants a copy you can email us at topracingusa@yahoo.com . Of course now that John sent that to us the factory has put one up on the website at http://www.top-racing.jp It is listed in the "Downloads" section along with plenty of other valuable info, worth checking out
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #572
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

Just want to show my new chassis for the Top Rebel , with the lipo front-back. To be tested tuesday

Johnsen
Good !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #573
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i'm about to order 1 for myself...

can anyone advice me what other parts (option) I should order. I'm gonna run outdoor asphalt.

rcmarket, does the rebel 12 kit send out from your store include with V2 lower arm?

thanks
hansenhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #574
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenhon View Post

can anyone advice me what other parts (option) I should order. I'm gonna run outdoor asphalt.

rcmarket, does the rebel 12 kit send out from your store include with V2 lower arm?

thanks
Hi

Regarding setup for asphalt , I dont know , but if you are running modified it will be a good idea to ordre the new rear pod. Also the new front axles are a good idea.
I think that Rcmarket earlier in this thread have told that all new cars will be delivered with the V2 arms. The car right out of the box is very good , but if I was you I would ordre the spring set , 3 front , 3 side and 3 main springs. I have boiled the side arms 3 minutes , since that I havn't snapped one. But still I would ordre a bag of side arms and a bag of steering knuckle.

Please dont hesitate to ask if anything more you need to know

Johnsen
Denmark
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #575
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi

Regarding setup for asphalt , I dont know , but if you are running modified it will be a good idea to ordre the new rear pod. Also the new front axles are a good idea.
I think that Rcmarket earlier in this thread have told that all new cars will be delivered with the V2 arms. The car right out of the box is very good , but if I was you I would ordre the spring set , 3 front , 3 side and 3 main springs. I have boiled the side arms 3 minutes , since that I havn't snapped one. But still I would ordre a bag of side arms and a bag of steering knuckle.

Please dont hesitate to ask if anything more you need to know

Johnsen
Denmark
Thanks for the info...

rcmarket list rebel 12 kit as "out of stock" the moment I'm ready to order

guess I have to wait for the restock..

thanks Johnsen

rcmarket, when will the new stock arrived?? thx
Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #576
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the info...

thanks Johnsen

In stock at TOP USA. Kits include the V2 arms
Old 08-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #577
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks for the info...

thanks Johnsen

Hi

Where are you in the world ?? Know the danish dealer also has them in stock.

I have earlier in this thread made my setup for carpet.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/top/...OPRebel12.html

Johnsen

Im going to test this new chassis we have made in denmark
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale-billede0116.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #578
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi

Where are you in the world ?? Know the danish dealer also has them in stock.

I have earlier in this thread made my setup for carpet.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/top/...OPRebel12.html

Johnsen

Im going to test this new chassis we have made in denmark
Singapore... ordering from HK is cheaper than lhs..

that is a very nice chassis... was that a savox mini or regular servo?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #579
Tech Adept

Quote:
Singapore... ordering from HK is cheaper than lhs..

that is a very nice chassis... was that a savox mini or regular servo?
It's a small Sav÷x , comming home from holiday within the next days , and I can tell you the number. The chassis have I drawn with some of my own ideas , first feeling was high rear traction , but have only made 4 practice-runs.

Johnsen
Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #580
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
In stock at TOP USA. Kits include the V2 arms
Email sent Tex...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:

thanks
You'll most likely need M2.5 X 8mm socket cap or button head screws for your rear wheel/hub. The supplied M2.5 X 6mm were too short when using CRC wheels. This may not be the case for other wheels. I also discovered that generic M2.5 X 8mm (metric) socket cap and/or button head screws wouldn't thread into the hubs. The LHS ordered up some special TOP screws for me to try out. I'm hoping this works so I can get my rear wheels attached and my car on the track.

Shims, spacers, tuning springs (already mentioned below), plastic pieces (arms, etc) are basically it. Going to the CRC Gen-XL left hub is also recommended. You'll need axle spacers to achieve the correct width.

odpurple - Do you guys have the option TOP 3.2mm tie-rod wrench in stock? I guess I can always file down a 3mm wrench to fit to size but would prefer to have the right tool for the job.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #582
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
You'll most likely need M2.5 X 8mm socket cap or button head screws for your rear wheel/hub. The supplied M2.5 X 6mm were too short when using CRC wheels. This may not be the case for other wheels. I also discovered that generic M2.5 X 8mm (metric) socket cap and/or button head screws wouldn't thread into the hubs. The LHS ordered up some special TOP screws for me to try out. I'm hoping this works so I can get my rear wheels attached and my car on the track.

Shims, spacers, tuning springs (already mentioned below), plastic pieces (arms, etc) are basically it. Going to the CRC Gen-XL left hub is also recommended. You'll need axle spacers to achieve the correct width.

odpurple - Do you guys have the option TOP 3.2mm tie-rod wrench in stock? I guess I can always file down a 3mm wrench to fit to size but would prefer to have the right tool for the job.
John- the screws supplied in the kit for the rear tires fit my crc rims. Look me up this weekend. I might have an extra wrench for the rods.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
John- the screws supplied in the kit for the rear tires fit my crc rims. Look me up this weekend. I might have an extra wrench for the rods.
Thanks Steve!

I see that kit packaged three different lengths for button head screws in the M2.5 size. It's possible that I'm trying to use the 4mm instead of the 6mm to attach my wheels. I'll measure with my digital calipers when I get home tonight. This would also mean that I've made a mistake during the build and now have the 6mm screws where the 4mm should be. I need to cut down on the beer intake during my builds

I'll see you this Saturday and hopefully on Thursday nights at MRH. The wrench would be awesome if you have one. 3.2mm tie-rods
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #584
Tech Elite

Quote:

Hi John, We have the 3.2mm turnbuckle wrench in stock. Personally, I like to replace the kit turnbuckles with Lunsford ones, the 3.6mm (PT-TW01RD)wrench fits those.

I don't know why the generic screws you tried didn't fit, unless they are not 2.5mm x .45mm metric screws. I use non-stock cap head screws in a few places on the car and they work fine. I like to use them for the wheel screws among others since they use a 2mm wrench and I can get them in silver which is more visible on black wheels
Old 08-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #585
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks Steve!

I see that kit packaged three different lengths for button head screws in the M2.5 size. It's possible that I'm trying to use the 4mm instead of the 6mm to attach my wheels. I'll measure with my digital calipers when I get home tonight. This would also mean that I've made a mistake during the build and now have the 6mm screws where the 4mm should be. I need to cut down on the beer intake during my builds

I'll see you this Saturday and hopefully on Thursday nights at MRH. The wrench would be awesome if you have one. 3.2mm tie-rods
I also had this issue after a couple rear tire changes... it is indeed just a little too short... getting a longer one helps and continues to work after many installations.